What's new

Islamic Megastructures

err ... I am not able to show the image in my message ... how do we do it ?

e46fbfb0ae25f230b70fdc4f4c646648.jpg

Put the image link---in your case
http://aminus3.s3.amazonaws.com/ima...90/cfb9c1e1bdc51a661caa3368469a6eb7_large.jpg

as--

Note--no need to upload it to any other image uploading site like photobucket if you already have the link to the image(like in this case). Those are useful to upload image from your PC.

http://aminus3.s3.amazonaws.com
Note--no need to upload it to any other image uploading site like photobucket if you already have the link to the image(like in this case). Those are useful to upload image from your PC.[/quote]

This is hotlinking not advisable always.

Thanks for posting this , i did'nt knew about it!

where is it by the way?

Boys i am going to Post some amazing Stuff related to the thread just hang on and wait , i would have posted now but i must sleep , i have to got for Eid prayer in the Morning.

Eid Mubarik to you all

Thanks for posting this , i did'nt knew about it!

where is it by the way?

The Gol Gumbaz is in Bijapur, Karnataka (Capital: Bangalore)

More info about it (from wikipedia):

Gol Gumbaz (Kannada: ಗೋಲ ಗುಮ್ಮಟ) is the mausoleum of Mohammed Adil Shah (1627-57) of the Adil Shahi dynasty of Indian sultans, who ruled the Sultanate of Bijapur from 1490 to 1686.

The tomb, located in the city of Bijapur, or Vijapur in Karnataka, southern India, was built in 1659 by the famous architect, Yaqut of Dabul. The structure consists of a massive square chamber measuring nearly 50 m (160 ft) on each side and covered by a huge dome 37.9 m (124 ft) in diameter making it among one of the largest dome structures in world. The dome is supported on giant squinches supported by groined pendentives while outside the building is supported by domed octagonal corner towers. The Dome is the second largest one in the world which is unsupported by any pillars. The acoustics of the enclosed place make it a whispering gallery where even the smallest sound is heard across the other side of the Gumbaz. At the periphery of the dome is a circular balcony where visitors can witness the astounding whispering gallery. Any whisper, clap or sound gets echoed around 10 times. Anything whispered from one corner of the gallery can be heard clearly on the diagonally opposite side. It is also said that the Sultan, Ibrahim Adil Shah and his Queen used to converse in the same manner. During his time, the musicians used to sing, seated in the whispering gallery so that the sound produced could be reached to very corner of the hall.

With my new found skill of pasting images, let me present a few more :) :

Wallajah Mosque, also known as Big Mosque, is situated at Walajah Road in Triplicane, chennai is a historical landmark constructed by Wallajah family in memory of Nawab Muhammad Ali Walajah, in 1795. This architectural marvel is one of the important Muslim shrines in Chennai. The Nawab’s descendants are still living in a mansion known as Amir Mahal.

Wallajah Mosque is an imposing structure of symmetry and form of architectural magnificence with an imposing facade. The Mosque stands in extensive grounds, which are being used as a forum for religious and cultural activities. The magnificent grey granite structure is built without steel and wood.One distinctive feature of this mosque is that the chronogram engraved in stone and fixed on the inside of the western wall of the mosque is by a non-Muslim, Rajah Makkan Lal “Khirad”, a Persian and Arabic scholar of repute, who was the Private Secretary to the Nawab. It may be mentioned in this regard that, as far as is known, no other mosque in the world has a chronogram composed by a non-Muslim.

The Prophet’s birthday is celebrated every year under the auspicious of the Meelad Committee in the Wallajah Grounds. On Eid-ul-Fitr (Ramzan) and Bakrid Days, a large number of Muslims gather in congregation to perform Eid Prayers in this historic Mosque. The Eid Prayer timing remains the same 10.00 a.m. since 1749 A.D. This historic mosque is under the management of H.H.

Adjoining the Wallajah Mosque is the tomb of the great Islamic saint Maulana Abdul Ali Bahrul Uloom, a divine scholar of the days of the Nawab Wallajah. In this enclosure also are the tombs of the late Nawabs of the Carnatic, the Princess of Arcot and other eminent Muslim scholars and theologians.

33ec781d30be0aef8878376ac4116b9d.jpg

Solah Khamba Masjid

Solah Masjid or the Zenani Masjid, the sixteen-columned prayer hall was built in 1423 AD by Prince Muhammad even prior to the shifting of the capital to Bidar by the Bahamanis.

This is the oldest Muslim building in Bidar and among the largest in India. Located in Bidar (Karnataka), a gate opposite to the royal baths leads to the gardens of the old Lal Bagh and the ladies apartments.

Only remnants of a fountain and series of water cascades in use can be seen reminding one of the cascades at the Vrindavan Gardens at Mysore.

Aurangzeb, after the conquest of Bidar, held prayers here to decree Mughal sovereignty. Steps lead to the top from where a sweeping view can be had of the countryside.

158bc8b82f1fb4046dc6911cc9f29f68.jpg

004dc6d3dde69262686ce1fa29369288.jpg

3ab4c195051c0b45917ac201242dca22.jpg

already included dude i would be an idiot if i would not..hhahaa

Back
Top Bottom