What's new

Islamic Iran will protect "oppressed" people : Ayatollah Syed Ali Khamenei

B@KH

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
13940226000415_PhotoI.jpg

Iran will help oppressed people in the region as much as it can, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was quoted as saying on Saturday, ratcheting up his rhetoric against regional rival Saudi Arabia.

“Yemen, Bahrain and Palestine are oppressed, and we protect oppressed people as much as we can,” state news agency IRNA quoted Khamenei as saying in an address to Iranian leaders and diplomats from the Islamic world.

His comments are likely to be taken by Gulf Arab leaders, who on Thursday met with US President Barack Obama to address security issues, as evidence that Iran is trying to aggressively expand its influence in the region.

An increasingly tense standoff between Iran and Saudi Arabia has added a sectarian dimension to regional conflicts, particularly in Yemen where a Saudi-led coalition of Sunni Arab states is carrying out air strikes against Houthi rebels allied to Iran.

The standoff has also raised concerns for shipping in the Gulf, a major oil transport route. In the past month, Iranian forces have twice tried to seize commercial ships to settle legal disputes.

“Security in the Persian Gulf is in the interests of everyone... If it is insecure, it will be insecure for all,” Khamanei said according to IRNA.

Iran will protect "oppressed" people in the region: Khamenei - World - DAWN.COM

This guy should keep Palestine out of his mouth. We all know Iran seeks to create militias in Bahrain and further arm Houthi's in Yemen, Palestine has nothing to do with it. And these policies are not related to any 'oppression', that is what is told the masses for justification into further interference in Arab affairs.

This guy should keep Palestine out of his mouth. We all know Iran seeks to create militias in Bahrain and further arm Houthi's in Yemen, Palestine has nothing to do with it. And these policies are not related to any 'oppression', that is what is told the masses for justification into further interference in Arab affairs.
What a shame that he isnt more concerened abt atrocities meted out against ppl of specific region but more interested in using them to create and spread their own ideological shiite influence.

lol as much as I hate these akhoonds, I love how with one sentence all you barbarians in the region start screaming and hollering. Whether as a monarchy, democracy or a theocracy, Iran has always managed to either overrule or be a pain in the *** of its enemies.

Keep screaming.

lol as much as I hate these akhoonds, I love how with one sentence all you barbarians in the region start screaming and hollering. Whether as a monarchy, democracy or a theocracy, Iran has always managed to either overrule or be a pain in the *** of its enemies.

Keep screaming.

LOL! I wish I were the mulla.

Yes. these all filthy mammals can cry and scream against IRAN But Peace will continue to push back All the Pussy Militaries of the Pharaos.

You forget that most of the last two milleniums you were either ruled by Arabs or Turkic peoples. :lol:

Past two millenniums ok but not today.

Today IRAN is independent and under the protection of Islam.

What about the oppressed people in Syria?

Still Majority most support Bashar and Iran helping them. Others should quit nato and wahabi terror alliances

As if that would upgrade their image. Not to say that the Saudis have a good one though.
So, are you a Shia first or a Muslim first?

Saudi wahabi is Monarchy and is un-Islamic and un-democratic.

Last edited:
That means to interfere in other states ...so what's new in this bravado ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom