What's new

Islamabad to be turned into model green city

SHAMK9

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Margalla-Hills-1-480x238.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Islamabad would be made a model city through various energy conservation measures and turned into an environmental friendly green city, to set precedence for other major cities administrations to follow suit.

A meeting was held under the Secretary Cabinet Water and Power Nargis Sethi, who considered different proposals as per directions of the President, Prime Minister and Minister for Water and Power.

The meeting decided that there would be an immediate ban on the use of decorative lights for all purposes in the city. Street lights would be regulated for minimum usage (not more than 50 percent), the use of billboards and neon signs will be regulated to ensure that electricity consumption was minimized and lights in the markets would be rationalized both inside and outside of shops. It was also decided to encourage holding social and official events during day time rather than night time, use of electric heaters in offices and residences would be discouraged and building codes would be reviewed for energy conservation for further construction.

Regarding the conservation of gas, it was decided that a minimum use of gas heaters and geysers would be encouraged. Gas geysers would be used at specific timings, gas leakages should be reported and fixed on priority and a complete ban on the use of gas generators will be enforced.

Water wastage would be effectively checked in residential and commercial areas. An awareness campaign would be launched through the media for efficient use of water in households and leakage of water through pipes would be checked and repaired on priority.

Measures would be adopted in consultation with all relevant stake holders including the concerned ministries, Islamabad’s administration and CDA authorities. A committee to regulate the implementation of these measures under Additional Secretary Cabinet Division has been constituted.

An awareness campaign for public education regarding energy conservation is being launched through government organizations, educational institutions and civil society organizations.
Islamabad to be turned into model green city | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

They should think about how to produce more energy/electricity. Not that make less usage of street light or other appliances.

My city Islamabad! Truly the greatest, The Green Capital! It's already fitted with Solar street lights and traffic signals. I wonder what other energy conservation measures the Govt have in mind....

I dont know about Asia, but India can definitely can learn from Islamabad. I have been there, its beautifull. Economically not advanced but in cleanliness and maintainance its amazing city.

Islamabad is more of an administrative and business centre, most economic activity is based in Karachi. That's where the money is......By the way, may I ask when you visited? It's always a treat to learn how people's visit to Pakistan went.......

Islamabad is more of an administrative and business centre, most economic activity is based in Karachi. That's where the money is......By the way, may I ask when you visited? It's always a treat to learn how people's visit to Pakistan went.......

I visited in 1998 if I remember correctly. I was in grade 1. I came home from school and my grand parents said we are going to Pakistan. Lol I didn't know what that place was. So we went there by bus service and it looked same as India. We went to our old Pakistani house in Lahore and met the people who lived there. Went to Islamabad to meet some family friends. For me it was a great weekend. Conditions were good and kids were friendly.

Iv heard that too, that Islamabad is freakishly neat and clean.

They had an advantage though, Islamabad is a totally new city built after independence for the sole purpose of being the capital! So they laid it out with great planning.

Such is not possible for Delhi - all these are really old cities that cannot be fundamentally changed. India's new cities are also better laid and neat.

This is about rods and neatness only though.

Cleanliness i agree with. They can and should keep Delhi clean, if not at Islamabad's level, then atleast half of it !!

Margalla-Hills-1-480x238.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Islamabad would be made a model city through various energy conservation measures and turned into an environmental friendly green city, to set precedence for other major cities administrations to follow suit.

A meeting was held under the Secretary Cabinet Water and Power Nargis Sethi, who considered different proposals as per directions of the President, Prime Minister and Minister for Water and Power.

The meeting decided that there would be an immediate ban on the use of decorative lights for all purposes in the city. Street lights would be regulated for minimum usage (not more than 50 percent), the use of billboards and neon signs will be regulated to ensure that electricity consumption was minimized and lights in the markets would be rationalized both inside and outside of shops. It was also decided to encourage holding social and official events during day time rather than night time, use of electric heaters in offices and residences would be discouraged and building codes would be reviewed for energy conservation for further construction.

Regarding the conservation of gas, it was decided that a minimum use of gas heaters and geysers would be encouraged. Gas geysers would be used at specific timings, gas leakages should be reported and fixed on priority and a complete ban on the use of gas generators will be enforced.

Water wastage would be effectively checked in residential and commercial areas. An awareness campaign would be launched through the media for efficient use of water in households and leakage of water through pipes would be checked and repaired on priority.

Measures would be adopted in consultation with all relevant stake holders including the concerned ministries, Islamabad’s administration and CDA authorities. A committee to regulate the implementation of these measures under Additional Secretary Cabinet Division has been constituted.

An awareness campaign for public education regarding energy conservation is being launched through government organizations, educational institutions and civil society organizations.
Islamabad to be turned into model green city | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

What is the cost of a plot of about 500 Sq.Yards or 1 Kanal in Islambad??? please.

Islamabad is really expensive & is going to be more n more expensive, plus i hav heard tht now the real estate deals in Islamabad & renting of aprtments all done in Dollars due to so many foreigners & pakistanis coming there to settle.....nyone can cnfrm?

Nope, I've got a house rented out in Isl and the agreement is in plain Pakistani Rupees!

We are going to buy a plot there when we go in vacation!

I dont know about Asia, but India can definitely can learn from Islamabad. I have been there, its beautifull. Economically not advanced but in cleanliness and maintainance its amazing city.

dont lie dude
indians are only issued visa for lahore or karachi...sikhs can go to hassan abdal or nankana

no indian is allowed into islamabad.

Back
Top Bottom