What's new

Islamabad, the best city I've seen in South Asia-Yoginder Sikand(an Indian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamabad's Blue Area
42298772.jpg

22373777.jpg

11092334.jpg

32275469.jpg

5595767415_e254958b4e_b.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

Ahhh.. you think the city wont be having any infrastructure to sustain it population? Thats a flawed logic. Islamabad is a town where the richest of the Pakistan lives. It doesnt need much thinking , that they are there coz it provides ample infrastructural and other needs. If not they would nt be there in the first place. Its pretty much same for every city in the world.

Of course its not a trade hub or industry hub or IT hub as someone mentioned. Cause the purpose of the city wasnt for that but to create a city as an administrative hub and for the elite class. They are not focussing on the other aspects.

Boss they might be rich. But yaar metro and all i beleive is a statement ( of course for us its a neccesity ). have you been to Pakistan, you talk like one?

Obviously operating at a very small scale as Islamabad in a small nation if you exclude Balochistan, makes up under 2% of your total GDP!

The unemployment level of Islamabad is 16% while Delhi is much lower.

Give me a city with real job oppurnities, over a plain good looking city.

Now you start talking about unemployment, give me a break & stop trolling. You asked me of job opportunities in Islamabad, & I only gave you a few of the multinational companies in Islamabad, there are a hell lot more. Now you're saying give me a city with real job opportunities. Did you read my post?

Islamabad is like a mini cooper, beautiful looking, small and compact with a small engine.

Delhi is like a 1950 Mustang, old but yet smooth, powerful still and can out pace most other cars with history and tradition behind it.

Talking of history, perhaps you are unaware that until 1962, Karachi was the overall capital for both East and West Pakistan.
Islamabad was purposely built as the main Diplomatic enclave and not for industry or similar criteria. Although Islamabad boasts of many financial institutions and has a stock exchange however the main hub remains Karachi. BTW, the World's only third 7 star Hotel, the Centaurus is under construction in Islamabad.

Now you start talking about unemployment, give me a break man & stop trolling. You asked me of job opportunities in Islamabad, & I only gave you a few of the multinational companies in Pakistan, there are a hell lot more. Now you're saying give me a city with real job opportunities. Did you even read my post?

Yes I did, and it didnt match up to Islamabad statistics, with having all those firms and many state runned firms, having a low employment rate.

You can keep on going on about the good looking buildings you have, but what matters more in the economics strength of that city.

So all the firms you mentioned, guess are not operating at full scale or are not R&D centres.

Yaar I dont know why these pakistanis get upset if we do or don't give them a compliment.

islamabad is a beautiful city nonetheless as it has less population then Delhi and doesn't have high demand of infrastructure. :tup: From the pics it looks really nice :)

Off topic: Was karachi the capital in 60s? Can anyone clarify that?

Boss they might be rich. But yaar metro and all i beleive is a statement ( of course for us its a neccesity ). have you been to Pakistan, you talk like one?

I never been to Delhi either and i never seen an aircraft carrier either but i talk about both based on the knowledge i gained through various sources and based on the functionality of my senses.

regarding Metro, check the need of it. Metro's are a necessity when in an over populated city, the commutation becomes difficult due to congestion.Since Isloo doesnt have an issue regarding it, they dont need it.

For example in UK , you wont hear a Manchester metro or a Cardiff metro but only the London Metro.

Yes I did, and it didnt match up to Islamabad statistics, with having all those firms and many state runned firms, having a low employment rate.

You can keep on going on about the good looking buildings you have, but what matters more in the economics strength of that city.

So all the firms you mentioned, guess are not operating at full scale or are not R&D centres.

Care to explain yourself with credible evidence?

I never been to Delhi either and i never seen an aircraft carrier either but i talk about both based on the knowledge i gained through various sources and based on the functionality of my senses.

regarding Metro, check the need of it. Metro's are a necessity when in an over populated city, the commutation becomes difficult due to congestion.Since Isloo doesnt have an issue regarding it, they dont need it.

For example in UK , you wont hear a Manchester metro or a Cardiff metro but only the London Metro.

In my hometown of Lucknow Maya aunty is planning metro. Personally i feel we don't need it. But i guess this is her plans to gather votes.I don't how much centre allocation for UP is but she has the guts to do it after spending 2000 crore on marble elephants.So, when they have money they'll build it.So point was if Islamabad had the money they would have done it by now.After all they are the 4th populated country

True it's like comparing two cities with one large population and the other with a fairly small population. However Tokyo and NYC may have large populations as well.. people are still forgetting that India is a developing country so its natural to see poor parts such as slums and so-so infrastructure.

Yet a very small city with high unemployment rate to be afriad.

Rather choose a functioning city with good employment oppurtunities over a new good looking one.

The city has an unemployement rate below 15% and the literacy rate is around 87%. The stock exchange is there and 2 IT parks are also there for employement.. Also most of the state owned industries have there bases and headquarters there.

Famous multinational companies in Islamabad:

1. DHL
2. Toyota
3. Siemens
4. Schering Plough/Merck
5. Novartis
6. Touchstone Communications
7. Nestle
8. Nouveau Energy
9. Pfizer
10. PROtech Soft
11. SSJ Technologies