What's new

Islamabad, the best city I've seen in South Asia-Yoginder Sikand(an Indian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't afford to live here even if you are CEO of any stinking firm in India.
You simply don't have any place like this in India, so have no choice.
Unfortunate for you to openly flash such pictures of elite housing which 99.99% of people in Pakistan cannot even afford.

Sorry to say, but the true measure of a city is not by the wealth, but rather by the people living in it. A good city to live in, is when anyone and everyone is welcome and it provides equal opportunities to all.

Why would I live on that street, with such low employment oppurtunities?

Give me Bangalore any day over Islamabad, where job prospects within top IT firms like Microsoft are available and finance firms in Mumbai over Islamabad.

However, I do guess Islamabad is a good place to be when your old and retired, nice and good looking.

Even with bigger population Tokyo, Newyork etc are much better.

But here we are comparing cities down south based on looks, ease of living ( which includes less congestion, less pollution, 'effective' public transport, less urban slums, and various other factors) and in my opinion Islamabad has a bigger score among the cities of SAARC. I dont care if there is a big building in middle of lots of building . I dont care if there are million more autombiles or thousand more hospitals and other offices around, what i look if there are ample and adequate infrastructure to sustain my life. Maybe its just me and my opinion , and i dont like bending truth just for the sake of it.

I respect your opinion but thing is even small cities in US have basic facilites which we dont have so. So, overall I am trying to say ki yaar Delhi has better infrastructure and little scenic beauty. That what i mentioned in my first post article says about beauty not about infra. yaar 1 point toh dilli ka hone do. :)
P.S i beleive Islamabad is more beautiful than Delhi.

Islamabad being a capital city on makes up a poor 1% of Pakistan GDP, showing lack of proper job oppurtunities and multi national firms in Islamabad.

Islamabad is full of state owned firms hiring people and is lowering tax rate to attract FDI and no big firms are moving in.

Mind you, Islamabad is a good city for old and retired people or medium aged family.

Islamabad is like a mini cooper, beautiful looking, small and compact with a small engine.

Delhi is like a 1950 Mustang, old but yet smooth, powerful still and can out pace most other cars with history and tradition behind it.

Unfortunate for you to openly flash such pictures of elite housing which 99.99% of people in Pakistan cannot even afford.

Sorry to say, but the true measure of a city is not by the wealth, but rather by the people living in it. A good city to live in, is when anyone and everyone is welcome and it provides equal opportunities to all.

No it's not about wealth its about class.
Do you think the reason why Indian streets are does not look like Pakistan is because you lack money?
BTW... Islamabad does not host 99% of Pakistanis and the discussion is about Islamabad and not about 99% Pakistan.

When you flash French quarter which i heard today for the first time is even less than .09% of Islamabad.
Last but not the least did you like what you call housing!!!

What are job oppurtunities in Islamabad like? Any giant IT or Finance firm there?

For that reason, its a city I wont move in, even if it was in India.

Famous multinational companies in Islamabad:

1. DHL
2. Toyota
3. Siemens
4. Schering Plough/Merck
5. Novartis
6. Touchstone Communications
7. Nestle
8. Nouveau Energy
9. Pfizer
10. PROtech Soft
11. SSJ Technologies
12. Softechnos International
13. Netsolace IT
14. Hyundai Motors
15. Colgate-Palmolive Pakistan
16. Sofnix
17. Eurotech
18. Sigmen Group
19. Averox
20. Cisco Systems
21. Oracle Corporation
22. SHV Energy
23. Berger Paints
24. Sanofi Aventis

You couldn't afford to live here even if you are CEO of any stinking firm in India.
You simply don't have any place like this in India, so have no choice.

Show me a single street in India comparable to Streets of Islamabad.

IMG_0706.jpg

And then you guys ask why do Indians troll here. Now i have a solution talk to the mods ask them to ban all Indian guys and make this forum only for Pakistanis, then enjoy your heart to heart chat. What is the point in posting about a beautiful city and then speaking utter nonsense and degrading another person. And then you say we have this type of mentality or that type and all sorts of things.

As i said this thread is going to turn into a troll fest!

I respect your opinion but thing is even small cities in US have basic facilites which we dont have so. So, overall I am trying to say ki yaar Delhi has better infrastructure and little scenic beauty. That what i mentioned in my first post article says about beauty not about infra. yaar 1 point toh dilli ka hone do. :)
P.S i beleive Islamabad is more beautiful than Delhi.

Ahhh.. you think the city wont be having any infrastructure to sustain it population? Thats a flawed logic. Islamabad is a town where the richest of the Pakistan lives. It doesnt need much thinking , that they are there coz it provides ample infrastructural and other needs. If not they would nt be there in the first place. Its pretty much same for every city in the world.

Of course its not a trade hub or industry hub or IT hub as someone mentioned. Cause the purpose of the city wasnt for that but to create a city as an administrative hub and for the elite class. They are not focussing on the other aspects.

Famous multinational companies in Islamabad:

1. DHL
2. Toyota
3. Siemens
4. Schering Plough/Merck
5. Novartis
6. Touchstone Communications
7. Nestle
8. Nouveau Energy
9. Pfizer
10. PROtech Soft
11. SSJ Technologies
12. Softechnos International
13. Netsolace IT
14. Hyundai Motors
15. Colgate-Palmolive Pakistan
16. Sofnix
17. Eurotech
18. Sigmen Group
19. Averox
20. Cisco Systems
21. Oracle Corporation
22. SHV Energy
23. Berger Paints

Obviously operating at a very small scale as Islamabad in a small nation if you exclude Balochistan, makes up under 2% of your total GDP!

The unemployment level of Islamabad is 16% while Delhi is much lower.

Give me a city with real job oppurnities, over a plain good looking city.

And then you guys ask why do Indians troll here. Now i have a solution talk to the mods ask them to ban all Indian guys and make this forum only for Pakistanis, then enjoy your heart to heart chat. What is the point in posting about a beautiful city and then speaking utter nonsense and degrading another person. And then you say we have this type of mentality or that type and all sorts of things.

Dont quote this guy. just refer to his previous posts to ascertain the credibility and the level of thinking.

There are others from Pakistan who are not hate mongers... have a conversation with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom