What's new

islamabad-airport-harassment-bribery-and-corruption/

Very true, If you are not street smart or even smart enough you can face such issues anywhere, remember squeaky wheel gets the grease. I remember I was coming from abroad back to Pakistan I had 2 laptops with me. My backpack which was carrying those laptops when it went under scanner the guy instantly said "Who's bag is it", I replied It's mine. He said please come this way you can't carry to laptops one will be charged for taxes. I said WTF, I called someone who is in ASF lol I asked the guy what is his name, he refused giving me his name, I asked him to talk to the person on the phone he refused saying we are not allowed lol, Then some guy in white uniform (Custom guy) appeared. He said you will be charged, he said he understands all that but since we are standing right under surveillance camera He can't let me go without charging. He said he will charge me the least. My reply was I am not paying for anything, back then I was a university student and let me go without charging anything.

Point is always ask for your rights and info, don't be reluctant asking questions and fight for your rights. These people are thieves , there are many bad sheeps but not everyone is alike.
Did you check the law? In India, as per law you can only bring one laptop tax free, other one will be charged. May be they were right.

Did you check the law? In India, as per law you can only bring one laptop tax free, other one will be charged. May be they were right.

Well, He may have been right, I think it is similar here as well but the point is if I would have let them dominate me, I would have ended up paying, plus such rules should be advertised so general public would be aware of such laws.

My recent trip to Dubai last month i was shocked to hear ASF personal asking me for chai pani, he asked me what do i do, i replied i am I.T consultant and he said to the other guy with him "khob note chapta huga" and asked me "kuch hamara khiyal karu" to which i replied "bag mai mairay kapray hain lay lu ju bhi achay lagay aur uss ki ilawa kia dun" he was caught off guard and gave me a nasty glare, i had a friend on speed dial just in case but thanks God it didn't came down to that after few minutes of looking at me and my reactions he let me go ...

Airports are a misery I agree I got stopped in Barcelona and they made me open my bad (out of everyone) sheer racism :angry: but hey just smile and take it with ease it's life what can we do?

I prefer trains myself but have to catch a plane every so often

We traveled together once right? from Isb!
Itni buri tu naii hoi yaar kabh bhe,,, Not something that concerned the staff at least!!

the writer clearly is exaggerating a lot here

Haha not the experience Bhai.

Once I went to China from there, literally had to pack my stuff all over again due to some idiot officer.

Haha not the experience Bhai.

Once I went to China from there, literally had to pack my stuff all over again due to some idiot officer.
mashkook lagty tu nai app wasay :P
Anyway, i agree that the thullas on our airports are a bit ,,,,,,,, well thulla!!
But this particular article makes it look worst then it is in my opinion.
:)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom