What's new

Islam is the first priority of PML followed by Pakistan: Pervaiz Elahi

Trooper

Reaction score
LAHORE: Central leader of Pakistan Muslim League Ch Pervaiz Elahi has said the upcoming general elections will be held to safeguard Islam and strengthening of Pakistan while Ulema and Mashaikh have very vital role to play in the days to come.

He was addressing to the leaders of All Pakistan Muslim League Ulema and Mashaikh Wing here Sunday at his residence.

He said Pakistan is the only country, which has been established in the name of religion, and it is moral duty of ulema and mashaikh to protect the ideological and geographical boundaries of motherland.

Pir Soofi Masood Ahmed Siddiqui Lasani Sarkar has announced to join PML along with his followers.

Parvez Elahi said Pakistan is the only country, which has been established in the name of religion, and it is moral duty of ulema and mashaikh to protect the ideological and geographical boundaries of motherland.

He said Islam is the first priority of PML followed by Pakistan and it is the main objective of the party to transform Pakistan into true Islamic Welfare state in the light of sayings of Quaid-e-Azam. He said the PML is fully committed to make laws in line with Islamic morals.

Did Quaid set up secular state..? on record speech. Freedom for all religion. Or Pervez political juggling....

Islam first and Pakistan second wow patriotic politicians.i didn't even know Islam was in trouble but now that Pakistani politician (Never been proven any of them are corrupt and they are all living examples of how Muslim should live:rofl:)And the ulema(Most of them never ever taken any education) have taken up the cause of protecting Islam i say Islam is in Good hands.:angel:

I wonder what Islam says about being Faithful to the country?now that he has picked up his cause shouldn't we pick up a politician that will work for Pakistan.:pakistan:

Islam being the religion comes first in my opinion. As long as these politicians serve honestly their should not be any discussion on what comes first. Islam teaches us we should be loyal to our respective countries.

This is just sad. I have zero respect for this Elahi guy now. Anyone who goes against the Quaids vision for Pakistan dosen't deserve to get a single vote. Religion and politics DO NOT MIX! anyone who doesn't understand that is a complete idiot or illiterate or both.

For Muslims, Islam is first...the better definition for most us would have been;

To be a good Pakistani, you must be a good Muslim first

That is the vision I am sure our founders would have agreed with, and I think that in certain aspects the state has to provide to the masses' religion.

We should integrate the madrassahs into our national systems so that we know exactly what so many poor kids are learning. The Madrassahs will also give the government a wide-spread means to teach the religious kids some worldly skills to help them live comfortably in this life.

Perhaps an integrated Shariah Law System sponsored by the government...perhaps a popularily elected Imamate Justice can declare Taliban-movements and suicide bombings as HARAM and punishable by death will keep people away from supporting such folk.

Perhaps the offering of some female-only schools and universities will allow very conservative families to finally put their daughters in a proper school instead of another Lal Masjid.

Perhaps it is the time to finally re-integrate Islam into the State and keep it as a undisputable force to keep our politicians IN CHECK. Like it or not, Islamic Law is the only law above man and able to keep man in check when we thoroughly and cleanly embed it within the state. Better a government do it cleanly and effciently so that we do not end up with an Iranian revolution misguided by a few fanatics.

Absolutely wrong. Would you consider Ahmadis good Muslims? Unlikely that 99.9% of Pakistanis (being intolerant that they are) would consider an Ahmadi a Muslim at all. Pakistans only Nobel prize laureate Dr. Abdus Salam was an Ahmadi. So according to you, he was not a good Pakistani :disagree:

What part of Quaids saying "religion has nothing to do with the business of the state" do people not understand?

So i guess what you are saying is all the Minorities In Pakistan can never be good Pakistanis as they don't practice ISLAM.

Just a PR drive by Elahi all of you have missed the point that he has said that while talking to delegation of Ulema.

And if all of you have heard Shujat speaking in London on dams he said construction of Kala Bagh dam was not on cards of his party.

Similarly when all these politicians visist respective provinces they keep on changing their stance on different issues and topics just to address the concerened audience nothing new. Thats why i hate politics and politicians.

How is it that nobody ever calls these guys out on attempting to perpetuate the vicious cycle?

What part of Quaids saying "religion has nothing to do with the business of the state" do people not understand?

Let me put forward something else. What if what Quaid postulated was considered as his opinion only? What if the masses in Pakistan want a more pronounced role of Islam in governance than what Quaid said or wanted? Why are we so hung up on it when other countries have evolved their outlook from the thoughts of their predecessors?

We can sit here for next 10 years and debate what Quaid said and what he wanted but the fact is that Quaid-e-Azam rehm-ullah is no longer with us. What we do have is a country which we need to run to the best of our abilities.

Should there be separation of religion and state? Well instead of debating this individually, this question needs to be posed to the Pakistani nation. If they foresee a role then so be it....if they don't then fine. Why is it assumed that if the country was one way or the other, some poor non-Muslim would have to suffer?

Personally, I do not think that Pakistan is ready for Sharia given the lack of understanding of religion in masses and excessive chances of exploitation by some, but I do not see why in the future, in a more evolved society in Pakistan, Islam should be kept out especially when people in Pakistan may want it.

So i guess what you are saying is all the Minorities In Pakistan can never be good Pakistanis as they don't practice ISLAM.

I do not think this is what Mark is saying. Based on his statement, the meaning that I took away from it was that I, as a Muslim, have to put my money where my mouth is. I have a code of ethics and responsibility toward my community and I have to live by that code if I am to be a good Muslim. This automatically converges with my being a good Pakistani. I would expect the exact same from my Christian, Parsi and Hindu compatriots. They too are being told the same by their religions. So why is every one thinking "exclusion" when it comes to Islam and Pakistan?

Now if we are to leave Islam in Pakistan to "do-jamaat parhay likhay Mullahs" (illiterate clergy), then obviously you will see problems with the treatment of minorities, with in-tolerance etc. etc. Unfortunately, the track record is that of leaving things at the mercy of these types of individuals in Pakistan and Afghanistan at least so this problem has to be rectified if we are dispel the concerns elsewhere that a more pronounced role of Islam in the state is problematic. Its doable but it will take time and education.

On Pervaiz Elahi, I'd rather not comment. He is a typical Pakistani politician..using religion for personal aggrandizement.:disagree:

Ch Pervaiz Has sadly failed to understand Jinnah.

Bit of a fraud!

Ch Pervaiz Has sadly failed to understand Jinnah.

Bit of a fraud!

Well Sir i think its just an election rehtoric on part of Ch Elahi i dont think so he will speak in that way in a public Jalsa (meeting).

Absolutely wrong. Would you consider Ahmadis good Muslims? Unlikely that 99.9% of Pakistanis (being intolerant that they are) would consider an Ahmadi a Muslim at all. Pakistans only Nobel prize laureate Dr. Abdus Salam was an Ahmadi. So according to you, he was not a good Pakistani :disagree:

I agree with Blain on this - as much as I am a fan of Jinnah, and as much as I agree with the vision he had for Pakistan, he is not Pakistan, and one man's vision and ideals (as great and axiomatic as they may be) cannot be forced upon millions. Pakistanis today, and in the future, need to decide how they define their nation. That does not mean that a role for religion will forever be etched into our nation -They may be in favor of a greater role for religion today, and future generations may choose to disassociate from it - but it is their choice. That does not mean that secularists, moderates or religious conservatives need to stop voicing their opinion - we must all continue to do so, and contribute towards an evolving society and an evolving identity for Pakistan.

Pakistanis are religious - that much is certain, the opinion polls and studies and interactions with people from across the social and economic spectrum illustrate that. What is important is that while religion continues to play this role in the lives of Pakistanis, we ensure that it is not the religion of extremism and hate - that discourse is not censored under the guise of "blasphemy", that womens, and minorities rights and indeed the rights of all people are not usurped (including Ahmadi's - if they want to call themselves Muslims let them - only Allah has the right to pronounce judgment on someones faith).

Well Sir i think its just an election rehtoric on part of Ch Elahi i dont think so he will speak in that way in a public Jalsa (meeting).

What ever he said has not reached to Public??

Back
Top Bottom