What's new

Islam is abused in Bollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes in hindi they may use ram, but huge "majority" of songs are in urdu which is why they have to use allah and not ram.

??? What a random rule.

Firstly, there are very few "purely hindi" or "purely urdu" songs. Most songs are a mix of the languages.
Here's a very famous song with the word Ram included, and containing hindi, urdu as well as punjabi words:

Didi Tera Devar Deewana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ko Daale Daana,
Dhandha Hai Yeh Uska Puraana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ko Daale Daana.

Main Boli Ke Laana Tu Imli Ka Daana,
Magar Woh Chuaare Le Aaya Deewana,
Main Boli Ke Machle Hai Dil Mera Haaye,
Woh Kharbuja Laaya Jo Neembu Mangaaye,
Pagla Hai Koi Usko Bataana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ko Daale Daana...

Main Boli Ke Laana Tu Mitti Pahaadi,
Magar Woh Bataashe Le Aaya Anaadi,
Main Boli Thi La Do Mujhe Tu Khataayi,
Woh Baazar Se Le Ke Aaya Mithaai,
Mushkil Hai Yoon Mujhko Phasaana,

Bhabhi Teri Behna Ko Maana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana,
Rabba Mere Mujhko Bachaana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana...

Hukum Aapka Tha Jo Maine Na Maana,
Khatavaar Hoon Main Na Aaya Nibhaana,
Sazaa Jo Bhi Dogi Woh Manzoor Hogi,
Aji Meri Mushkil Tabhi Door Hogi,
Bandaa Hai Yeh Khudse Begaana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana

??? What a random rule.

Firstly, there are very few "purely hindi" or "purely urdu" songs. Most songs are a mix of the languages.
Here's a very famous song with the word Ram included, and containing hindi, urdu as well as punjabi words:

Didi Tera Devar Deewana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ko Daale Daana,
Dhandha Hai Yeh Uska Puraana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ko Daale Daana.

Main Boli Ke Laana Tu Imli Ka Daana,
Magar Woh Chuaare Le Aaya Deewana,
Main Boli Ke Machle Hai Dil Mera Haaye,
Woh Kharbuja Laaya Jo Neembu Mangaaye,
Pagla Hai Koi Usko Bataana,

Main Boli Ke Laana Tu Mitti Pahaadi,
Magar Woh Bataashe Le Aaya Anaadi,
Main Boli Thi La Do Mujhe Tu Khataayi,
Woh Baazar Se Le Ke Aaya Mithaai,
Mushkil Hai Yoon Mujhko Phasaana,

Bhabhi Teri Behna Ko Maana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana,
Rabba Mere Mujhko Bachaana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana...

Hukum Aapka Tha Jo Maine Na Maana,
Khatavaar Hoon Main Na Aaya Nibhaana,
Sazaa Jo Bhi Dogi Woh Manzoor Hogi,
Aji Meri Mushkil Tabhi Door Hogi,
Bandaa Hai Yeh Khudse Begaana,
Hai Ram, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana

Ok this was clearly mixed song. But majority of songs are NOT! You can't post one song and claim that its posible to use ram in urdu songs. It doesn't sound good and writers knows it. The recent song i heard last time was darde disco, now poetry in this song was in pure urdu.

Ok this was clearly mixed song. But majority of songs are NOT! You can't post one song and claim that its posible to use ram in urdu songs. It doesn't sound good and writers knows it. The recent song i heard last time was darde disco, now poetry in this song was in pure urdu.

Fine man, useless debate. Bollywood uses pure urdu. Happy?

I can't possibly compile statistics to show what percentage of songs use which language.

P.S. There are LOTS of hindi songs with Ram in them. Just do a google search.

Fine man, useless debate. Bollywood uses pure urdu. Happy?

I can't possibly compile statistics to show what percentage of songs use which language.

P.S. There are LOTS of hindi songs with Ram in them. Just do a google search.

Calm down, i just said you can't use hindu gods in urdu songs. And writers who write knows better then i or you will ever. Now another famous song chaya chaya was writen by non-muslim i don't know who he is but he didn't used hindu gods there either.

Stealth does the Indian movies contain pure Hindi????

Calm down, i just said you can't use hindu gods in urdu songs. And writers who write knows better then i or you will ever. Now another famous song chaya chaya was writen by non-muslim i don't know who he is but he didn't used hindu gods there either.

I did not understand you why they can not use hindu gods names ???? i think they do so as they are not using these in bad tast.
Usually these are used for praising.

So i could not understand you

well i dunno about bangladeshis but as far as i know most pakistanis don't seem to care about how islam is shown in bollywood first off since they have allowed a few bollywood films to be screened in pak and also a few pak singers have done songs for indian films and nobody has had a problem. I've heard about pak complain of vulgarity kissing etc but so have indians too and i never heard pakistan complaining off islam's portrayal in general or the word allah being used.
I think an issue is being made out of nothing many of the actors are muslim anyway besides it's their business and film industry nobody is forcing any of us to watch .I for one care more about whats going in pak than what bollywood is doing.

Chaiya chaiya was written by A R Rahman. He's a muslim convert.

P.S. I'm calm dude, just that this debate is pointless.

I did not understand you why they can not use hindu gods names ???? i think they do so as they are not using these in bad tast.

Not praising dear, just as exclamations like "hai ram" or "allah re" etc etc.

Sure, there are plenty of bhajans and bhakti geet in praise of gods, also used in various hindi movies.

Stealth does the Indian movies contain pure Hindi????

Nope. Usually the songs are hindi/urdu mix or pure urdu, and dialogues are in a weird combo of urdu/hindi/english and sometimes punjabi/marathi

Chaiya chaiya was written by A R Rahman. He's a muslim convert.

P.S. I'm calm dude, just that this debate is pointless.

Well i did little research and turned out that i was right, the song is writen by Gulzar who is sikh and composed by Rehman.

After Nafees created the thread i listened to the song. Well i don't find any bad test in the song, there are countless songs where word allah is used.

What is the problem with name of Allah? Please just post any song where Allah's name was taken in bad sense, I will also raise a protest. Else I will consider that you are just playing with situation and fueling the discussion for your pleasure.

After Nafees created the thread i listened to the song. Well i don't find any bad test in the song, there are countless songs where word allah is used.

Well honestly I haven't listened to that song and probably wont. Now where I stand on this issue is and what I have been thought and what I believe and people certainly do differ is that Allah's name or any other Quranic verse should not be used in a song. The reason is that a song in some sense promotes dancing and dancing sometimes between strangers of the opposite sex, which is strictly forbidden in Islam as far as I am concerned. Now getting back to the song, today many people use the word Allah is songs, now I personally dont get offended but I do get offended when a naked girls is dancing in the background or any other type of sexuality is taking place. Now some people definitely disagree with me, even my Muslim brothers, but one thing I am sure most of my brothers will agree with is the word Allah should not be used in any sexual way.

What is the problem with name of Allah? Please just post any song where Allah's name was taken in bad sense, I will also raise a protest. Else I will consider that you are just playing with situation and fueling the discussion for your pleasure.

:) i guess you had also attributed someone else's post to me.

i did not object to use of Allah in Indian songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom