What's new

Islam is abused in Bollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear fanatics are in every religion and every society so saying that any particular religion supports it, it is in itself a fanaticism.

As far Indian Muslims not protesting against use of name Allah in Movies well dear no Muslim from othre countries also did not protested against it had you seen any ???

But saying that if Indian Muslims do not so beacuse of the socirty they are living in than i do not agree with it beacuse if you remember Richard Gere and Shilpa episode there was proetst from Indain Hindus now will you also accept indian society does not support tolerence in this case ??

Please note it is not Indians Hindus. It is Indian zealots... and in India we have a common Indian culture that has nothing to do with religion. That apart, it made news but none really bothered. It was more of media shenanigan. Our TV loves sensational news and repeats it over again i.e. like Aiswarya Rai opening a school somewhere or the other as if it were something earthshaking! Issues like the happenings in the SWAT Valley merits a one liner and the chaos winter doing in China does not find mention!

If someone only saw the Indian TV news, then they would think that Aiswarya Rai is some important person doing some important thing, when in actuality, she is but a mere film star doing a mundane act and no more and the event does not really require media coverage at all!!

The newspapers of India give better coverage.

I, for one, find it good that Gods are invoked because that reminds all that there are many religions in India and that God is good, while humans are not! Obviously, anyone in a burkha singing a song would not invoke the message of God since it is also important to catch the attention of the person hearing! I don't think any woman in skimpy dress would sing songs in the praise of God! It would be so incongruous that the film would flop even before hitting the screen!

One must analyse rationally and not jump to the tug of the heart with irrationality!

It means there is no truth on the media in any country we have a propeganda policy every where ?

There is truth, but contrived truth!

Some are sensational and titillate, but are not newsworthy in content!

Dear Members

Did u find that some words of Islam are using in hindi cinema of Bollywood for just nothing. I'm not fanatic but when "ALLAH" is being used in the song where the heroines are not well dressed specially u will find in the recent film like "RACE" , more specifically in the song titled 'Allah dohai he'. These type of dreadful works should be stopped immediately.

dude, u are so touchy about everything. its as if you spend your whole day trying to find some fault about something.

If the word allah was mentioned in a song, its because the songwriter put it there, probably without realising that this song will be played with half-naked girls. the director probably didnt even think twice about the word ALLAH when he decided that half-naked girls will be dancing to it.

so my advise is chill, dont try to dig up underlying meanings for everything, since most of these things dont even have one. and even if the director did intentionally insult islam, it does not refect the view of the community. most people wont eve realise it when they are watching the movie.

If the word allah was mentioned in a song, its because the songwriter put it there, probably without realising that this song will be played with half-naked girls.

Whats so wrong with a half naked girl praising Allah for all the love she is getting ?
Heck, if you religious guys are to be believed it is Allah that made the girl, the love, the desire and her beautiful legs. Let Allah's creation praise her(Yes, I'd rather call God 'her'). Don't be a male chauvinist.

Ok I can't comment on the intent of the Indian music industry (of Bollywood), as they IMO they are just producing trash these days anyway. Whether its Allah or any of the Hindu bhagwaans that are used in the lyrics, they are pretty lame even handedly.

From what I've seen with Indians is that there is a Urdu buzz amongst them. The current generation has suddenly rediscovered the coolness of Urdu words and they are just haphazardly placing them everywhere. Same thing with Islamic terminology.

Ali, Mostapha, etc.

I don't think there's some mis-intent here. They actually find these words to be really cool. They are just very bad at doing what they do with these words.

Anyone seen the video of that song which goes like "Fanaaa Fanaaa Fanaaa fanaaa"

lol its so apparent the composer heard the word Fana, and then decided to force an entire song around that word. Their music industry has gone from bad to worse.

My advice? Don't stop watching Hindi movies, just hit forward :D. You should be doing that for every hindi song though.

With no disrespect to India, Bollywood is soooooo bad I don't know how people can watch those movies. I'd rather spend 3 hours being tortured in Guantanamo than watch a Bollywood movie.

Hollywood movies have a plot, they have sharp characters, the premise of each film is different. Many Hollywood films make one think about life, many of them are philosophical. Each and every single Bollywood movie is essentially the same - about a crappy love story. Rich people are shown, with mansions that would put Bill Gates to shame. One second the actors are in India, the next they're dancing in Switzerland. Is India not good enough for the film to be shot in?

And can't Bollywood directors/producers/writers come up with something original for once?

Let me name 3 Hollywood movies off the top of my head: Smokin Aces, The Departed, The Golden Compass.

Now if anyone has seen these 3, they will know how complicated the plots in each of these are, how developed the characters are, and how unique each story is.

I remember watching a very hit Indian movie a few years back that all my friends seemed to love: Munna Bhai MBBS. I swear to God, I felt like smashing my head against a mirror. It felt like I was watching something made for a 5 year old or something made for a person with an IQ equivalent to their shoe size.

Hollywoods equivalent to a hit Bollywood movie would be pathetic movies like "Meet the Spartans" (not to be confused with 300). "Overacting" seems to be considered a skill in Bollywood.

Any way indian youth is loosing interest in Urdu shayari, which is really sad. Though Singers like jagjeet singh and Gulam Ali (pakistan) were some how able to create a space in youth's heart, but things are looking grim for urdu in India, same for Sanskrit.

can some one post the youtube link for the song for which people are wasting lot of time?

Solid, its your fault man. Didn't people tell you to leave your brains at home before going for a hindi movie?

Having said that, bollywood does produce some real gems every now and then.

can some one post the youtube link for the song for which people are wasting lot of time?

I don't know what you mean, but watch the endings to some famous hollywood movies I've posted below.

Solid, its your fault man. Didn't people tell you to leave your brains at home before going for a hindi movie?

Having said that, bollywood does produce some real gems every now and then.

Lollywood is the same. I think it's because the ordinary viewer of these movies is...uh...not very...deep or receptive to new things.

Check out these amazing hollywood endings. Focus on their dialouge. After each and every one of these movies, my jaw was left open.

American Beauty
sYrgHju3d-E[/media] - American Beauty (the ending)

Requiem for a Dream

Boondock Saints
JKzM8xsQ5-U[/media] - Boondock Saints Courtroom Speech

Smokin Aces
QN6k9ybj5EU[/media] - Smokin' Aces- Final Scene (Clint Mansell - Dead Reckoning)

These endings are hard-hitting and shocking. Unexpected and original. Something the ordinary South Asian cannot handle. They like fairy-tale stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Solid, people in the subcontinent have enough hardship already. They don't want to watch a serial killer, or a schizophrenic, or anything that makes them feel uncomfortable. They want stuff that makes them forget their troubles and feel happy.

Hollywood on the other hand, is for people who mostly lead cushy lives, away from disaster and hardship. They want to be shocked and thrilled.

With no disrespect to India, Bollywood is soooooo bad I don't know how people can watch those movies. I'd rather spend 3 hours being tortured in Guantanamo than watch a Bollywood movie.

Hollywood movies have a plot, they have sharp characters, the premise of each film is different. Many Hollywood films make one think about life, many of them are philosophical. Each and every single Bollywood movie is essentially the same - about a crappy love story. Rich people are shown, with mansions that would put Bill Gates to shame. One second the actors are in India, the next they're dancing in Switzerland. Is India not good enough for the film to be shot in?

And can't Bollywood directors/producers/writers come up with something original for once?

Let me name 3 Hollywood movies off the top of my head: Smokin Aces, The Departed, The Golden Compass.

Now if anyone has seen these 3, they will know how complicated the plots in each of these are, how developed the characters are, and how unique each story is.

I remember watching a very hit Indian movie a few years back that all my friends seemed to love: Munna Bhai MBBS. I swear to God, I felt like smashing my head against a mirror. It felt like I was watching something made for a 5 year old or something made for a person with an IQ equivalent to their shoe size.

Hollywoods equivalent to a hit Bollywood movie would be pathetic movies like "Meet the Spartans" (not to be confused with 300). "Overacting" seems to be considered a skill in Bollywood.

There is no disrespect in criticizing. 90% bollywood movies are crap and people simply reject them 95% bollywood movies are flop and do not recover the cost. But 5% movies are good, at least viewer can feel good in theater, I heard people love to watch these movies in Pakistan.

Bollywood kind of love is more digestible in our part of world, it does matter not you like or not, its trademark .

Munna bhai MBBS was a good movie, your review will be simply rejected by most of bollywood viewers. We will have to compare your IQ with bollywood viewers then only I can accept shoe size IQ statement :woot:

last one year three movies 1) Guru 2) Chak de India 3) taare Zameen Par, there are few more though you want only three, I can bet you these films are uncomparable and are far far better than Gloden Campas (question of IQ may come here too :azn:).

A bit loudness this part of culture and that is why you see in movie’s dialogs. If we see Tamil or Telgu movies, acting is bit louder than bollywood though they produce far better movies than bollywood. Bangali movies are classic and acting more natural, I do not know you have seen any!!!

^^Solid, people in the subcontinent have enough hardship already. They don't want to watch a serial killer, or a schizophrenic, or anything that makes them feel uncomfortable. They want stuff that makes them forget their troubles and feel happy.

Hollywood on the other hand, is for people who mostly lead cushy lives, away from disaster and hardship. They want to be shocked and thrilled.

I guess you are right. I never related to Bollywood or Lollywood movies.

Though Hollyood produced feel good movies even during the Great Depression and WWII, I have seen many of them. I noticed the humor back then was a lot more crude, and in those movies Americans resembled South Asians a lot more than they do today.

For example I saw a movie yesterday called "Tobacco Road" from 1940. It was set in the Great Depression and all of the characters seemed really annoying, yet funny in a way. The young 20 year old son of the family was loud and obnoxious, with no personality. The father was a stealing simpleton. The mother was humble and the daughter flirty. Now that I think about it looked kind of like the old Bollywood movies I've seen.

Though it still dosen't contain the number 1 thing that annoys me: songs in Bollywood movies. Also, the main purpose wasn't love between two people, that was hardly a love theme in the movie. THey made a movie about a family going through hardship with nothing to eat and nowehere to live, and they managed to do it without inserting a needless romance in there. There was romance, but it was barely mentioned in the film.

There is no disrespect in criticizing. 90% bollywood movies are crap and people simply reject them 95% bollywood movies are flop and do not recover the cost. But 5% movies are good, at least viewer can feel good in theater, I heard people love to watch these movies in Pakistan.

Bollywood kind of love is more digestible in our part of world, it does matter not you like or not, its trademark .

Munna bhai MBBS was a good movie, your review will be simply rejected by most of bollywood viewers. We will have to compare your IQ with bollywood viewers then only I can accept shoe size IQ statement :woot:

last one year three movies 1) Guru 2) Chak de India 3) taare Zameen Par, there are few more though you want only three, I can bet you these films are uncomparable and are far far better than Gloden Campas (question of IQ may come here too :azn:).

A bit loudness this part of culture and that is why you see in movie’s dialogs. If we see Tamil or Telgu movies, acting is bit louder than bollywood though they produce far better movies than bollywood. Bangali movies are classic and acting more natural, I do not know you have seen any!!!

You are perhaps right too. I just do not like that culture at all. I love white culture, so I don't like south asian films.

Should they be allowed to insult someone's beliefs, no
Should they be allowed to make movies like so? Well, what is it that you find insulting? One could argue that some of the Danish cartoons were insulting, but how would this be insulting? And why can't half naked women chant the name of God? Do you have a monopoly on it? You must all wear a feathers when you type my name.

But Bollywood is pretty anti-Muslim, it's to be expected. Same as Indian society. They like to subdue the non-Brahminical groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom