What's new

Islam is a religion of peace not terrorism : Zardari

Islam means submission, not peace. Big difference

Islam means submission, when did I say it means Peace.

The word Salam on the other hand means Peace.

If the first utterance of greeting others is Salam in Islam, then it must mean the core tenant of the religion is peace.

The counter argument:
You dont have to have all muslims to be terrorists to find a pattern. The pattern is significant number of people are committing terrorism in the name of religion, and now a days most of them use islam. I am not talking about politically conscious muslim causing violent act, leave that aside.

Number of people using any other religion to commit terrorism is significantly less now a days.

About word origin, it has no significance to the argument being made, based on evidence available. It is like arguing that promoters of software farm "Satyam" cannot possibly do fraud(satyam means truth, the Rajus caught making false sales figures for Satyam Software Company )

Narrow it down, its not Muslims but rather Wahabi, Salafi's Deobandi's etc.

Other Muslims are not involved in terrorism, you would never see a Bohra running around bombing places.

So you get my drift, its particular sects and their ideology or promotion of violence through the use of religion.

From an objective point of view, Islam is not a Religion of Peace.
There is however an actual Religion of Peace and it is called Jainism. Look at its teachings and you might see the difference.

Islam is not a Religion of Terrorism either but it has a long way to go and reform itself (Meaning Muslims must reform it through what I think is called "Ijtihad"?) before it can even begin to legitimately call itself a Religion of Peace.

Right now it is a Religion of many things among them a lot of unpleasant things like violent sexism, deadly homophobia and antisemitism which are all justifiable by scripture.
These intolerant and hateful concepts are not unique to Islam or Muslims, yet because of tradition and the possibility of reinforcing them through scripture, they are by far the most widespread and least challenged in the Muslim world.

It is at least possible and in some cases fairly easy to justify violence using the Qu'ran, that is dependent on interpretation, which makes Religions in general so useful in manipulating people.
It is likewise possible to justify peaceful coexistence. As long as most Muslims ignore that there is some truth in the first statement; true reform will be impossible.

Even though 99% or more of Muslims are not terrorist or even terrorist sympathizers there is certainly faith and tradition based violence against women and children (that includes sexual violence) that is quite common in many parts of the Muslim world. Not only there of course, but to a larger extent then in most other cultures and religions (in there modern form) it has theological and institutional backing.

I hope the Arab spring will not be extinguished in half-arsed reforms but will include a women empowerment movement, only then will the Muslim world truly start to modernize and arrive in the 21st century, which will be for the good of all Muslims and Non-Muslims alike.

Islam is inherently peaceful, but it is being hijacked by certain people to achieve their geopolitical, strategic objectives. The rising Islamic extremism in the world is troubling though, because it means that people are falling right into the ploys of those that want to exploit & tarnish the image of Islam.

There are 10000 such articles .....to prove that Islam is for peace....

no do not need articles ..we need serious work....to prove this...
Islam don't need Articles to be proved Peace full,History proved that and even present shows that Islam is the most innocent of All Religion
Remember Muhammad-bin-Qasim, Sultan Ayubi,Sultan Tipu,Sultan Gori ,Shah Alamgeerand the List Continues

Ok let alone the Extremist Muslims of Pakistan and Iran
Talk about the increasing number of Muslims in US France Germany are they also going to be Enemy of anti-Islam
Of course yes.........
mean there is no way out for US and Israel :)

Muslims are innocent Human beings.

Problem lies with Islam and not Muslims!

And you know this how? I did not knew you were a scholar and have read the Quran and hadees. Or are you basing this gibberish on what you read on hate websites???

As I have said before "all it would take on the part of people to understand Islam is to do a bit of research. But I guess spewing hate in a one liner is much more easier than actually taking time to find things out for yourself."

So please spare us your biased views and educate yourself first!

Islam don't need Articles to be proved Peace full,History proved that...
You must be kidding?

If History proves anything, than that Islam is/was a Religion of conquest, since that is the main means by which it spread, killing millions in the process.
If you are talking about the period of relative peace under Muslim rule in Spain etc. that is hardly representative of Islams 1300 year history. It is also important that even relative peace was only achieved when Muslim ruled.. It is an evidence of a religion of supremacy if anything, if jugged by history.

So it seems your claim is not really rooting in evidence but in wishful thinking.

Islam is the best religion

but muslims are the worst follower

Those moderate muslims who denounce OBL and its terrorists are good. Only those religious fanatics are the bad apples that need to be get rid of.

Islam is inherently peaceful, but it is being hijacked by certain people to achieve their geopolitical, strategic objectives. The rising Islamic extremism in the world is troubling though, because it means that people are falling right into the ploys of those that want to exploit & tarnish the image of Islam.

Then you should clean your house first before others have to clean those garbages for you.

Back
Top Bottom