What's new

Islam didn't enter the present day subcontinent via Sindh (Mohammad bin Qasim) correcting history.

How chacha? atleast put something more than the complaining.Fix our version if we are in a fallacy.

This thread implies Islam wasn't primarily spread by the sword. Fact is it was, since the only way you could spread an ideology en masse back then was via subjugation of the local populas and toppling the ruling regime.

It rarely worked using other methods.

Islam did enter this subcontinent before Mohammed Bin Qasim even in early days of Islam, there is a mosque structure in India facing Qibla Awal but Islam got momentum after the successful military campaign of Mohammed Bin Qasim and later Sufis who came from Afghanistan, Central Asia and Iran who spread Islam every part of this region.
Did you even read the original post under the title?

This thread implies Islam wasn't primarily spread by the sword. Fact is it was, since the only way you could spread an ideology en masse back then was via subjugation of the local populas and toppling the ruling regime.

It rarely worked using other methods.

It spread through Malaysia and south east Asia without any invasion.

I read somewhere about a Muslim army besieging a Hindu town in the very beginning. Apparently, at the time, some 10% of the town population were Muslims.

I believe the main force behind the propagation of Islam was Sufism.

It spread through Malaysia and south east Asia without any invasion.

I read somewhere about a Muslim army besieging a Hindu town in the very beginning. Apparently, at the time, some 10% of the town population were Muslims.

I believe the main force behind the propagation of Islam was Sufism.

Malaysia and the like are exceptions to the rule.

Sufism could only really do its thing after the population was subjugated (usually).

So what if Islam first entered South Asia through Kerala?

Even I do no know if this is true.

Back
Top Bottom