What's new

ISIS kills 39 Indians in Iraq: Reports

If this is true the GoI has really fvcked up. They got those nurses out but left these 40 workers to be slaughtered?

I have a hard time believing this news as this would be HUGE news and a massive optical $hitstorm would occur if this is true.

Let's wait and see if this is confirmed.
Agreed with you. Infact GoI & Mr. Doval has shown very little interest in this matter unlike nurses case. Most of men were poor workers from Punjab & their relatives were pleading regularly to FM from months. Their captivity was not displayed dominantly on media like nurses of Kerala. May that is why govt. has taken this issue in light manner.

I think Punjab CM is now facing a tough time ahead .He should give a reasonable statements to his voters for his incompetency.
Kerala CM was in Delhi for a while until those nurse came back from Iraq.
RIP brothers.
Punjab CM & his daughter in law Harsimrat Kaur Badal (Union Cabinet Minister) has played a pivotal role arranging several meetings of relatives of hostages with FM. Several letters had been written by Pb. govt. to center. AAP MPs has raised this issue in Parliament. It is total failure of union govt. I think BJP have to face tough questions in Punjab now. Akalis & AAP will certainly use this tragic incident to send BJP on backfoot..
RIP to dead if this news is true. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not confirmed it yet though.

had it happened to Pakistanis in Pakistan then Indians would have been chiding us for our support of jihadists during Soviet invasion.
no one is safe from these terrorists. so protecting them and equipping them from Afghanistan will backfire.

some Indians might say that they are only supporting non-religious BLA but even BLA has extremist sunni elements who use the same lingo, same propaganda setup when they kill hazara or, punjabis or other fellow baloch.

Although I know this is not the right place or the time,but are you certain that BLA (and the TTP) is helped by the GoI in any meaningful way??

Sad news indeed. RIP.
Let hope it turns out to be un realiable reports

RIP if true, dont know if the news is believable or not its just speculation as of now.
Let's wait for a official confirmation.

Agreed with you. Infact GoI & Mr. Doval has shown very little interest in this matter unlike nurses case. Most of men were poor workers from Punjab & their relatives were pleading regularly to FM from months. Their captivity was not displayed dominantly on media like nurses of Kerala. May that is why govt. has taken this issue in light manner.

Punjab CM & his daughter in law Harsimrat Kaur Badal (Union Cabinet Minister) has played a pivotal role arranging several meetings of relatives of hostages with FM. Several letters had been written by Pb. govt. to center. AAP MPs has raised this issue in Parliament. It is total failure of union govt. I think BJP have to face tough questions in Punjab now. Akalis & AAP will certainly use this tragic incident to send BJP on backfoot..
RIP to dead if this news is true. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not confirmed it yet though.

Well that was not enough.As a Keralite I have seen the heavy effort of our CM Ommen Chandi.Arranging meetings between hostages relatives and FM was really not enough.We didnt do such a thing in our case.
I didnt heard about the effort of your local media also Our local malayalam media exert a lot of influence in our govt and there was stage where UDF could nt stay due to the criticism from our public and media.
After initial enthusuasm we didnt see anything from your state Govt part and also AAP.Its been around 3 months .What was your CM doing all this time .?Your MP's didnt stage a protest for their own people in Parliament or outside.What was these AAP doing al this time ?Stage dharnasYour media criticised your CM for lack of interest and mere lip service at that time
And at the end you cant blame Centre.

If this is true the GoI has really fvcked up. They got those nurses out but left these 40 workers to be slaughtered?

I have a hard time believing this news as this would be HUGE news and a massive optical $hitstorm would occur if this is true.

Let's wait and see if this is confirmed.
There was nothing GoI could have done. Nurses were spared mainly because most of them were "people of book" and ISIS really needed them to care for their wounded. Unfortunately none was true for captured workers. And looks like "killing kafir" is more important to ISIS than ransoming them. More so as they are in general retreat and disarray now. If the news is indeed true, GoI should unleash hell as it got no reason for not doing so.

They were peace angels 2 years ago!

Now you call them bloody evils!?

People got no memory...

Just remember how many shia & non shia Muslims beheaded by ISIS ... everybody were silent & happy!

Last edited:
Well that was not enough.As a Keralite I have seen the heavy effort of our CM Ommen Chandi.Arranging meetings between hostages relatives and FM was really not enough.We didnt do such a thing in our case.
I didnt heard about the effort of your local media also Our local malayalam media exert a lot of influence in our govt and there was stage where UDF could nt stay due to the criticism from our public and media.
After initial enthusuasm we didnt see anything from your state Govt part and also AAP.Its been around 3 months .What was your CM doing all this time .?Your MP's didnt stage a protest for their own people in Parliament or outside.What was these AAP doing al this time ?Stage dharnasYour media criticised your CM for lack of interest and mere lip service at that time
Oh I forgot that Foreign & Defence ministry comes under Punjab govt. not central govt. So it is fault of punjab govt.:hitwall:
Local media of Punjab is displaying this issue from June regularly but national media has ignored it.
So according to you Modi govt. will not deliver anything without protest. Their relatives has chosen wrong way of meeting directly FM to tell their issues. Instead they should have staged dharnas & hunger strikes. So you wanna say that modi govt. is deaf & it understands language of shouting & dharnas. Is that you want to say ?

Last I had heard that these men were being used by the ISIS for their own construction purposes . Its a lil hard to believe that one man could escape from ISIS 's clutches. But since the report mentions names then I think this is from a reliable source.

RIP!

They were peace angels 2 years ago!

Now you call them bloody evils!?

People got no memory...

Just remember how many shia & non shia Muslims beheaded by ISIS ... everybody were silent & happy!

India never backed either side in this, India has kept itself out of all this mess and yet these unfortunate souls have paid for the sins of others with their lives.

There was nothing GoI could have done. Nurses were spared mainly because most of them were "people of book" and ISIS really needed them to care for their wounded. Unfortunately none was true for captured workers. And looks like "killing kafir" is more important to ISIS than ransoming them. More so as they are in general retreat and disarray now. If the news is indeed true, GoI should unleash hell as it got no reason for not doing so.
I don't buy it, no developed nation (with considerably less military might than India) would stand by and allow FORTY of their citizens to be butchered like this.

I'm outraged if this is true, I
really am. Where was Doval? Where was Modi?

What the state govt did or didn't do is utterly irrelevant- these are INDIANS, this is a matter for the central government to take care of. END OF STORY.

India never backed either side in this, India has kept itself out of all this mess and yet these unfortunate souls have paid for the sins of others with their lives.

I don't buy it, no developed nation (with considerably less military might than India) would stand by and allow FORTY of their citizens to be butchered like this.

I'm outraged if this is true, I
really am. Where was Doval? Where was Modi?
sometimes you can't help it when some people want to stay behind, no matter how unfortunate this sounds but for some monetary benefits comes before anything else. It's blunt and crude but can't help it.

sometimes you can't help it when some people want to stay behind, no matter how unfortunate this sounds but for some monetary benefits comes before anything else. It's blunt and crude but can't help it.
It may be true that these souls put themselves in that situation for monetary gain (and this is hardly selfish, they have families to feed and we can all appreciate that) but it is the GoI's responsibility to try their best to ensure their safe return. They seemed to be successful with the nurses but then why were these 40 construction workers left behind and almost no attention given to their safe return thereafter? I'll admit there very well could have been things going on in the background that we can not know about but, damn, FORTY freaking Indians killed. This is beyond horrific.

I'm just saying why were military options not explored when such a vast amount of Indians were at risk?

Back
Top Bottom