What's new

ISIS in Southeast Asia

You have fallen into the No True Scotsman logical fallacy. Please look it up. The subject at hand is ISIS in SE Asia. The solution is zero tolerance. Indonesia needs to wage a war against militant Islam. Everything ielse is whataboutery on your part and is totally irrelevent. Most of the Islamic world, inclding the Pakistanis, see the need for reform and introspection in Islam. Perhaps you should do the same.

As you said, Daesh in South East Asia. Not about Islam per se. Once you drag down and bad mouthing Islam in this discussion you will find resistance from moslem individuals. That's why i said before, know yourself and know your enemy. If Islam is your enemy, then prepare yourself..

If Daesh and terrorist groups that you're fighting, then you'll find support from within Islamic world itself.

Suicide -for whatever reason and cause- is FORBIDDEN and is a GREAT SIN in Islam.. same as killing innocent who did nothing to you.

Daesh believe in this kind of violence as a way to heaven. If you believe what Daesh believe as a true teaching of Islam then you are no different than them. Equally stupid.

Last edited:
As you said, Daesh in South East Asia. Not about Islam per se. Once you drag down and bad mouthing Islam in this discussion you will find resistance from moslem individuals. That's why i said before, know yourself and know your enemy. If Islam is your enemy, then prepare yourself..

If Daesh and terrorist groups that you're fighting, then you'll find support from within Islamic world itself.

If that is true then you are a few steps behind the muslim discussion curve. I will prepare myself for you to catch on and wake up to the internal discussions that progressive muslims are having about the deficiencies about their faith and what they can do about it. But if your reaction is to continue closing your eyes and ears to islam's role in the rise of ISLAMIC STATE IN IRAQ AND SYRIA and perpetuate your sense of victimhood then I can only consider you as backward.

To paraphrase: there was a proud Scotsman name Jock McKinley who hailed from Aberdeen who read in the paper of a gruesome murder in London. The murderer had tortured the victim before killing them slowly. Jock was disgusted and exclaimed, "No Scotsman would do such a thing!".

The next day the same paper announced that the murderer had been caught and confessed to the crime. His name was Tosh McTarry and he was born and bred in Glasgow. Jock was mortified and exclaimed, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing!", consoling himself and continued reading the paper.

Terrorism are political in nature not religion. Anybody with a passing knowledge of politics would know that.
Precisely why you should strive to remove the political elements of religion and why the failure to do so has led to this.

I stand where i stand. I condemn terror act, regardless wherever, whoever and whatever reason behind the terror action.. Daesh will find Indonesia undefeated. We will fight and destroy every single terror cells trying to penetrate Indonesia. There's no confusion and denial. Why should Indonesian people and Islamic society bear responsibility for someone else bad deeds. It's pretty clear to me that everyone shall bear the burden of their own action. That's why we have security forces to enforce law and order.

I don't play blame game and point someone else nose. Terrorism in Indonesia will be dealt with formidable force, even fought by the Islamic society itself. So don't act all high and holy. Just clean your own mess...

Last edited:
Terrorism are political in nature not religion. Anybody with a passing knowledge of politics would know that.
there is no separating politics from Islam, the sallafists believe it to be more than just a religion, it's a 'perfect' god ordained system which covers all aspects of life, on both the personal and societal levels, and expands into how a state should function, policing, laws, banking, foreign policy etc

Terrorism act in Indonesia will be dealt with formidable force, even fought by the Islamic society itself. So don't act all high and holy. Just clean your own mess...

Well let's hope so.

there is no separating politics from Islam, the sallafists believe it to be more than just a religion, it's a 'perfect' god ordained system which covers all aspects of life, on both the personal and societal levels, and expands into how a state should function, policing, laws, banking, foreign policy etc

Bingo.

Nothing is perfect. In my culture, if someone say a person, a thing is perfect, he must indicate sarcasm or joke.

Precisely why you should strive to remove the political elements of religion and why the failure to do so has led to this.

You should heed your own advice then seeing that your country has politicize Buddhism by giving it a Nationalist overtone. Or is it just for muslim?

I know plenty of Salafist and all of them don't kill for their belief. Most of the time they just annoy me & a lot of other people.

You have fallen into the No True Scotsman logical fallacy. Please look it up.

The subject at hand is ISIS in SE Asia. The solution is zero tolerance. Indonesia needs to wage a war against militant Islam. Everything ielse is whataboutery on your part and is totally irrelevent. Most of the Islamic world, inclding the Pakistanis, see the need for reform and introspection in Islam. Perhaps you should do the same.

Actually I don't understand what you are blabbering about since we have been and are still at war against islamists who wanted and still want to topple down our current social structure and ideology in Indonesia. Extreme clerics such as Abu Bakr Baashir is jailed, numerous ring leaders assassinated, and hundreds of terrorists killed or tortured, thousands of terror plot foiled. In comparison to Pakistan, Islam in Indonesia has no place politically, it is not written in any of our law and our constitution. The majority of indonesian people still believe in Pancasila ideology rather than islamic ideology.

While you are suggesting to reform Islam, we have been reforming Islam and its position in our society. So again, what are you blabbering about?

You have fallen into the No True Scotsman logical fallacy. Please look it up.

The subject at hand is ISIS in SE Asia. The solution is zero tolerance. Indonesia needs to wage a war against militant Islam. Everything ielse is whataboutery on your part and is totally irrelevent. Most of the Islamic world, inclding the Pakistanis, see the need for reform and introspection in Islam. Perhaps you should do the same.

Better you watch your Buddish militancy there, and if you wage war against Islam as a religion, you will likely see Indonesian as your enemy in the region.

And for your understanding, Islam politics in Indonesia democracy is quite strong, and will likely become even stronger in the future as our people become more conservative since 1990's until now, and this fact even has been captured scientifically by Pew Research just recently . Better you learn about "poros tengah" power during 1998-2004 period after you see Pew Research latest work.

Your statement by connecting ISIS with Islam is also really danger and showing your lack of understanding about Islam.

gsi-ch2-3.png

gsi-ch2-5.png

Commitment to Islam | Pew Research Center

You can see Indonesian Muslim are even more religious in percentage than almost all Muslim countries in Middle East region........:enjoy:

htm_2004052423201490009030-001.jpg

brimob%2Bshalat.jpg

1000-Prajurit-TNI-Sholat-Minta-Hujan.jpg

images_img_Lebanon_lebanon2.jpg

panglima-kostrad-letnan-jenderal-tni-gatot-nurmantyo-_130817150828-906.jpg

wpid-fb_img_1422926515464.jpg

Terrorism can be found in any religion and political ideas such as Liberalism, Facistm and Communism

Most of the Police who fighting against terror cell in Indonesia is Muslim, and still they fighting with utmost efforts and some doing so in the most ruthless way to eradicate those fuckers

@Indos i will disagree with your statement...

Islam as politic had been retracted significantly in Indonesia actually (thanks to the exposure of FPI, graft cases of PKS, the rising of Al-Qaeda and ISIS terrorism), the last election showing us people still prefer National Party over religious themed political party, and actually the trend is hard to be reversed now. It's true more and more people will be more conservative in their daily life, but that doesn't affect their preferences in Politics as they've found if the current situation is has led them to found their conservatism and religious side with peace and calm.

Unlike Christianity, Buddhism etc, Islam is a aggressive religion, although most Muslims may not be so. Followers are reminded of the evil kufars and the need for war to capture the territories of non-Muslims so as to complete the Ummah. This is why, it is easy to mobilise Muslims; ISIS is just border line - If they are proven matching the descriptions, suddenly a large percentage of followers can side with them. All other religions are tamed, but Islam cannot be, as the core elements (the book) cannot be altered. Also, unlike a faithful Christian or Buddhist who may think twice before subscribing to war against infidels, a Muslim can be 101% dedicated to what he/she is taught(brainwashed).
a9b8b39735dfb5ba3f98a678713b6a2ae95c0b75861eed67bea78b5081bcde60.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom