What's new

ISI top gun to be taken for TTP talks

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE - A senior member of the country’s premier security service will take part in government’s first direct contact with the Taliban, while the government’s peace committee has the mandate to negotiate the release of prisoners in TTP captivity in return for low profile militant detainees, The Nation has learnt.

Well-placed sources, privy to the developments concerning the first direct meeting which is expected in a couple of days, told this correspondent on Tuesday that a senior member of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) would participate in the meeting with Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Shura members.

They said that the TTP leadership had insisted that direct participation of ISI in the dialogue process was necessary for a durable peace deal. They further said that TTP team had conveyed their strong wish to the government through their emissaries to send a senior member of the country’s top secret service along with the largely bureaucratic government peace team.

A senior member of government peace team while confirming TTP’s wish for ISI representation in the direct talks said that the top agency would be on board. Asked to elaborate what ‘on board’ means, he said that he could not reveal further details due to sensitivity of the process and to avert pressure from the forces opposing the peace dialogue.

He also said that member of the previous government committee, Major (r) Muhammad Amir would also be part of the first direct contact with the TTP team. He added that Amir had been engaged again because of his close contacts with some of the Taliban leaders due to his family background and his expertise being a former ISI man.

Saying that prisoners release on both sides would be top of the agenda, he said that the government’s team has the mandate to negotiate the release of the prisoners in TTP captivity in return for their low profile detainees. He however added that prisoners’ release was a delicate issue and it would be discussed category-wise, as the elements who only played minor role in assisting TTP would fall in the list.

The peace team member said that if the TTP demanded amnesty for high-profile leadership or release of those involved in high-profile acts of terror, the matter would directly fall into the jurisdiction of the security establishment without a shadow of doubt.

About the possibilities of permanent ceasefire, he said that the government had been conveyed through the TTP mediating team for the strong likelihood of a permanent ceasefire but the TTP desires release of some of its non-combatant detainees in an effort to win some support among the anti-dialogue elements.

Talking about other items to be discussed in the first direct contact, he said, “It may take some time to ponder upon the other expected demands of the TTP, which include amnesty for TTP leadership, withdrawal of the armed forces and compensation to the affectees.”

He observed: “First few rounds of meetings with TTP may only be aimed at taking confidence building measures (CBMs), while it could take time to make the dialogue fruitful.” Meanwhile, some other sources told this scribe that the first few meetings with the TTP would be held in some kind of a neutral tribal zone acceptable to both sides, while the venue would be shifted to the settled areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as soon as the two sides take some CBMs as a result of the direct contacts.

About the fate of high-profile hostages, among them the sons of former premier Yusuf Raza Gilani and the late governor Salman Taseer, sources quoted the TTP mediators as claiming that both theses kidnapped men were not in TTP captivity. However, the TTP could be helpful in finding and securing their release from other militants, who according to TTP were outside the umbrella of their organisation.

Last edited by a moderator:
LAHORE - A senior member of the country’s premier security service will take part in government’s first direct contact with the Taliban, while the government’s peace committee has the mandate to negotiate the release of prisoners in TTP captivity in return for low profile militant detainees, The Nation has learnt.
Well-placed sources, privy to the developments concerning the first direct meeting which is expected in a couple of days, told this correspondent on Tuesday that a senior member of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) would participate in the meeting with Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Shura members.
They said that the TTP leadership had insisted that direct participation of ISI in the dialogue process was necessary for a durable peace deal. They further said that TTP team had conveyed their strong wish to the government through their emissaries to send a senior member of the country’s top secret service along with the largely bureaucratic government peace team.
A senior member of government peace team while confirming TTP’s wish for ISI representation in the direct talks said that the top agency would be on board. Asked to elaborate what ‘on board’ means, he said that he could not reveal further details due to sensitivity of the process and to avert pressure from the forces opposing the peace dialogue.
He also said that member of the previous government committee, Major (r) Muhammad Amir would also be part of the first direct contact with the TTP team. He added that Amir had been engaged again because of his close contacts with some of the Taliban leaders due to his family background and his expertise being a former ISI man.
Saying that prisoners release on both sides would be top of the agenda, he said that the government’s team has the mandate to negotiate the release of the prisoners in TTP captivity in return for their low profile detainees. He however added that prisoners’ release was a delicate issue and it would be discussed category-wise, as the elements who only played minor role in assisting TTP would fall in the list.
The peace team member said that if the TTP demanded amnesty for high-profile leadership or release of those involved in high-profile acts of terror, the matter would directly fall into the jurisdiction of the security establishment without a shadow of doubt.
About the possibilities of permanent ceasefire, he said that the government had been conveyed through the TTP mediating team for the strong likelihood of a permanent ceasefire but the TTP desires release of some of its non-combatant detainees in an effort to win some support among the anti-dialogue elements.
Talking about other items to be discussed in the first direct contact, he said, “It may take some time to ponder upon the other expected demands of the TTP, which include amnesty for TTP leadership, withdrawal of the armed forces and compensation to the affectees.”
He observed: “First few rounds of meetings with TTP may only be aimed at taking confidence building measures (CBMs), while it could take time to make the dialogue fruitful.”
Meanwhile, some other sources told this scribe that the first few meetings with the TTP would be held in some kind of a neutral tribal zone acceptable to both sides, while the venue would be shifted to the settled areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as soon as the two sides take some CBMs as a result of the direct contacts.
About the fate of high-profile hostages, among them the sons of former premier Yusuf Raza Gilani and the late governor Salman Taseer, sources quoted the TTP mediators as claiming that both theses kidnapped men were not in TTP captivity. However, the TTP could be helpful in finding and securing their release from other militants, who according to TTP were outside the umbrella of their organisation.

Finally talks are progressing and now I think first ISPR was in denial that they had women and children as prisoners but now indirectly they have admitted it and are now going to release them although I hated Salman Taseer but his son had no fault neither son of Gillani they should be released by Taliban too

Finally talks are progressing and now I think first ISPR was in denial that they had women and children as prisoners but now indirectly they have admitted it and are now going to release them although I hated Salman Taseer but his son had no fault neither son of Gillani they should be released by Taliban too

Ohh Really ... From where did you read this Gem of a news ? I would really like to know .

If true cut off their heads, threw them in front of dogs!

ISI Top Gun???? :woot: :rofl:

Is Tom Cruise attending the talks? :unsure::omghaha:
major amir maybe. someone who is ex ISI and has sympathies with the terrorists. like we have many among the general public and the politicians.

ISI is part of military and military ruled out any such participation. if the peace talks are for negotiating the surrender then maybe yes but TTP is only seeing its goal of Islamabad coming closer so surrender is out of question

ISI Top Gun???? :woot: :rofl:

Is Tom Cruise attending the talks? :unsure::omghaha:
there was one top gun .. or top spy master master if you will.. Colonnel Imam .. admired by both the Afghan Mujaheddin and the Americans.
he was kidnapped and brutally murdered by the TTP.

Last edited:
there was one top gun .. or top spy master master if you will.. Colonnel Imam .. admired by both the Afghan Mujaheddin and the Americans. he was kidnapped and brutally murdered by the TTP.
Why would the TTP kill him? Was he plotting against them? Or was it because he was admired by the Americans and therefore looked at with suspicion by the TTP?

Nawaz is playing a very dangerous game on his masters bidding. I'm sure, this Maj. Amir is a member of the 5th column. There are many such creatures amongst us, hiding in plain sight. Talking to them will only get you death, only mass butchering of their kind can save Pakistan.

Off topic:
@Zarvan, apnay aap ko ammonia ka injection lagga do. Their women and children need to be burned at the stake, and sympathizer such as yourself need to join them, on a one way trip to Valhalla.

Nawaz is playing a very dangerous game on his masters bidding. I'm sure, this Maj. Amir is a member of the 5th column. There are many such creatures amongst us, hiding in plain sight. Talking to them will only get you death, only mass butchering of their kind can save Pakistan.

Off topic:
@Zarvan, apnay aap ko ammonia ka injection lagga do. Their women and children need to be burned at the stake, and sympathizer such as yourself need to join them, on a one way trip to Valhalla.
You did same in Bangladesh lost it but USA puppets like you are always full of shit trying to please their 300 million USA dadd..........

If true cut off their heads, threw them in front of dogs!
We did same sort of things in Bangladesh and lost it these actions will only increase hatred and do nothing else

Ohh Really ... From where did you read this Gem of a news ? I would really like to know .
I have my inside sources Mr Pakistan Army would never have admitted it but Nawaz put pressure on them because he knew they have lot of them so now they have agreed to release them and in return Nawaz is trying to get son of Salman Taseer and Gillani Son and VC of Peshawar University

Limited knowledge. Limited analytical capabilities. Limited foresight. For me, people such as yourself are akin to sheep, ready to be feasted upon. I have no soul, and trust you me, your idiot brethren, the Taliban have created a million like me. I'm just waiting for the right time to start the butchering of anyone with a beard, and your extended families. It's just a matter of time.

You did same in Bangladesh lost it but USA puppets like you are always full of shit trying to please their 300 million USA dadd..........

We did same sort of things in Bangladesh and lost it these actions will only increase hatred and do nothing else

Last edited:
Limited knowledge. Limited analytical capabilities. Limited foresight. For me, people such as yourself are akin to sheep, ready to be feasted upon. I have no soul, and trust you me, your idiot brethren, the Taliban have created a million like me. I'm just waiting for the right time to start the butchering of anyone with a beard, and your extended families. It's just a matter of time.
Not limited knowledge a fact which you guys run away from other wise every knows what blunders were made by Pakistan Army their and as for ISPR when dhaka was following they were busying lying here that we have captured this much part of India and few hours later they told we have surrendered

WTF. Where did Pakistan Army come in now? :blink:

Not limited knowledge a fact which you guys run away from other wise every knows what blunders were made by Pakistan Army their and as for ISPR when dhaka was following they were busying lying here that we have captured this much part of India and few hours later they told we have surrendered

I have my inside sources Mr Pakistan Army would never have admitted it but Nawaz put pressure on them because he knew they have lot of them so now they have agreed to release them and in return Nawaz is trying to get son of Salman Taseer and Gillani Son and VC of Peshawar University

Let me know when this Movie is going to release .. I would really like to see , what Imagination of Fanatics can do ,

major amir maybe. someone who is ex ISI and has sympathies with the terrorists. like we have many among the general public and the politicians.

ISI is part of military and military ruled out any such participation. if the peace talks are for negotiating the surrender then maybe yes but TTP is only seeing its goal of Islamabad coming closer so surrender is out of question

there was one top gun .. or top spy master master if you will.. Colonnel Imam .. admired by both the Afghan Mujaheddin and the Americans.
he was kidnapped and brutally murdered by the TTP.
what about Lt Gen (R) Hamid Gul?

Back
Top Bottom