What's new

Ishaq Dar Says that He Had 58 Meetings in 4 Days in USA

of which 23 billion is Chinese CPEC loan
He is saying $22 billion liabilities due to the multilaterals

Are these the same? He can't call CPEC loan as multilateral. That would be a lie as it is bilateral.

He is saying $22 billion liabilities due to the multilaterals

Are these the same? He can't call CPEC loan as multilateral. That would be a lie as it is bilateral.
I think it's the same. Only CPEC project in progress in Pakistan and its known fact over 1.5 billion from CPEC loan was taken out to execute the Orange train project and a few million for the Metro bus service ...If I am right. Also another allegation on Ishaq Dar, he pulled 60 million from CPEC funds dump in the open market to control the rupee's free fall.

I think it's the same. Only CPEC project in progress in Pakistan and its known fact over 1.5 billion from CPEC loan was taken out to execute the Orange train project and a few million for the Metro bus service ...If I am right. Also another allegation on Ishaq Dar, he pulled 60 million from CPEC funds dump in the open market to control the rupee's free fall.
What happened to the remaining $20+ Billion?

Shahbaz Sharif going to China next month for refinancing the loans over a period of time or interest rate or both.
I was wondering what happened to the money. What are the CPEC projects that have been completed for $20 Billion? You can build a lot of roads, railways, airports, harbors, oil/gas pipelines with that money.

I was wondering what happened to the money. What are the CPEC projects that have been completed for $20 Billion? You can build a lot of roads, railways, airports, harbors, oil/gas pipelines with that money.
Well, IMF asked this question .... if China will allow present Pak regime to submit loans detail reports with terms and conditions. It is confidential, according to previous news reports.
But Ishaq Dar is trip is totally failed .

Well, IMF asked this question .... if China will allow present Pak regime to submit loans detail reports with terms and conditions. It is confidential, according to previous news reports.
But Ishaq Dar is trip is totally failed .
Even if they hide all the papers, anyone can see new roads, railways, ports etc., Are people able to see some new infrastructure or capital investment that was not there before CPEC? I heard CPEC projects are done by Chinese people working in Pakistan. If so, it should be easy for Pakistanis to see new projects built by Chinese workers.

@epebble

Several power projects have already commenced operations. There is a spanking new highway as well plus the Gwadar port. Exoansion and modernisation of several Pak railway lines is underway. To say that no infra has been created under CPEC is not correct at all.

Regards

All LC s are closed to control the dollar.
What about food, petroleum and medicines? Largest import sector is petroleum and products. If that is halted/reduced then we know default is imminent.

@epebble

What about food, petroleum and medicines?

To the best of my knowledge they are still being allowed. Hopefully, fertiliser too- else Pak will face a SL style collapse.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom