What's new

Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against #Pakistan?

for starters, labor evacuation.

Labor will always go where it is recompensed well. Middle East monarchies already worry about the impact of too many expatriate workers in their kingdoms.

Perhaps looking back at how Karachi lost its position of eminence as a regional air hub to DXB may offer some insights into this up and coming battle for shipping between established Dubai and upstart Gawadar?

Last edited:
I don't really care who gave what to whom.
You should.

The only thing I care is less corruption in my country, more functional independent institutions and going after our national interest even if that means doing business with Timbaktu.
I agree and applaud your point about "national interest" being primary to everything. I would have Pakistan engaging even with Israel if one Rupee of advantage could be extracted.

On the corruption issue I am somewhat ambivalent. I hate corruption however at some level it goes on everywhere - even China is not free from it. No doubt Pakistan should try to reduce it as much as possible however that alone is not going to fix eveything.

Did you know that if Oily Arabs instead of preaching Ummah brotherhood gave Pakistan workers preferance the country could see about $30 billion extra per annum. More than CPEC? You know I come from a small village. I have been privilaged but when I go back I see some of my people. They could do with jobs. They are smart. They are hardworking and all the time are trying to raise money to pay people to get jobs in the Gulf. If those Gulf countries showed preferance for Pakistan it would change the lives of millions of my and your brothers and their families, Think about that.

Instead the Oily Arabs choose to give them to Indians. Nothing wrong with that. Their country, their choice but then should Pakistani's not take stock of this reality? Instead of singing songs about ummah and brotherhood?

soo much negativity
Chuckles! Every village has a idiot - every forum has a "Moaning Minnie"

Last edited:
Gulf News is heavily influenced by India. Most of their articles are centered on trivial Indian ongoings.

Labor will always go where it is recompensed well. Middle East monarchies already worry about the impact of too many expatriate workers in their kingdoms.

Perhaps looking back at how Karachi lost its position of eminence as a regional air hub to DBX may offer some insights into this up and coming battle for shipping between established Dubai and upstart Gawadar?
Dubai is a small city-state with a lot of wealth. Karachi is a mega-city with millions of people calling it home.
Managing both is a completely different scenario.

Being here, I can say that Dubai has run government offices like private industry which has reduced cances of corruption, attracted better bids for projects and things are well-managed.

Now compare that to our own government offices and their affairs, you'll get the idea.

What we need is society to focus on nationalism and being less dependent on others, improve technical knowledge and start developing better industry standards for manufacturing.

all you gotta do is broadcast the arabs are sell OUT n watch how much they s hit thier pants and will go easy on the ummah.

fcuk uae just say to them we do a revolution in your country, many expats are frustrated over treatment, just drop boxes of ak47 they will wreak havoc on the place.

be like isreal n usa with them n watch how they will roll the redcarpet for even the darkest skin guy.

trust me, beat the arab with metal bar, next day he is your muslim brother.

If that's the case then along with Al Arabiya, they are waging a war against Turkey also.

It takes more than just a few editorials to add up to a war of any kind. Let newspapers follow their conscience and express themselves. Let governments pursue their national interests.

Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against Pakis

Big hate comes with bigger size (referring to growing Pakistani economy). Its just how it is in the world. Take a look at the US, or back in the days, the UK and all other big powers. The US and a century ago, the UK were the most civilized countries. The US gives more to charity, public welfare across the globe than majority of the world combined. But look at our reputation in people's eyes. The same people who may be walking out of a hospital alive due to that being a hospital built by the US aid. But they'll talk smack about the US.

Similarly, the UAE and the remainder of the Arab peninsula has always treated Pakistan as a step brother (and even a bast*ard one at that if you look at the treatment of Pakistanis in their areas). Now in their time of need during Yemen drama, they wanted to take "cheap lives" of Pakistanis instead of their "expensive Arab and lazy as*es) and put them to war against the Yemeni's. Pakistan didn't provide that, and not only that, clearly told them that their economy is growing and they want to ensure nothing destabilizes it (referring to Iran). The Pakistani government also put a big stop to UAE+KSA's Wahabi funding which then produces more extremism inside Pakistan. So they are obviously pissed at seeing a more assertive Pakistan with every passing day.

The Pakistani labor potential like India's (on a smaller level obviously but great for Pakistan's size), growing business, the CPEC, the Gawader, all of this is directly creating many Dubai's inside Pakistan. This will also result in brain drain in the UAE as the Pakistanis there, many working at good jobs providing great capability would move back home to make the same amount of money but close to families and to enjoy a richer life style (bigger homes, amenities, etc, etc).

So why would these Sheikh's who treat Pakistan like their God given lower class brother, would accept a Pakistan militarily and economy wise much stronger than them? So the only answer is, continue to grow Pakistan. This is the time to double up the work and work even harder to grow Pakistan. Once Pakistan gets to a certain level, all these foolish Princess will be wanting "time" with the Pakistani leader, instead of being the other way around.

Someone asked a Japanese leader as to why they didn't boycott the US after they had dropped nukes on Japan, the guy smiled and said, the American President uses a Panasonic phone, the entire America watches Sony TV's and drives Toyota and Honda cars. This is our revenge. We don't go inhumane, we even it out with trade and build even stronger relationships to ensure those things will never happen again. So productivity like the Japanese is the only good answer for the Pakistani nation. Produce, grow and leave these fools way behind you in the dust. Rise to the top 15th and then beat Australia in the long run to be the top 10th economy. That is a serious revenge as everyone would want you to do business with them including India. No wars and no issues, just sheer respect :tup:

This is what people respect:
- The guys with the most money (Japan). No tensions with others, outside of historical Chinese issues.
- The guy with the most money and the biggest gun. The US. And obviously, with the biggest gun, will come different conflicts. But the ability to influence whatever the US wants, is much greater than the guy above, with just money.
- The guy with money coming in, and the ability to buy a gun, and markets himself as the next big dawg on the planet. India and China. Both of these, will have influence but not to the level of the top two.

So here is the breakdown for you so you guys decide where you want to place Pakistan. In the region, (specifically the Islamic world), ten years from now, Pakistan can be the number two guy. Globally, Pakistan can be a few steps behind India and China (those two being the top 2nd and 3rd economies and Pakistan being the top 11th economy a decade plus from now). But that requires work, loyalty, peace, political stability and a system. Make sure to remember the ingredients for the recipe number two I gave you above.

Last edited:
Big hate comes with bigger size (referring to growing Pakistani economy). Its just how it is in the world. Take a look at the US, or back in the days, the UK and all other big powers. The US and a century ago, the UK were the most civilized countries. The US gives more to charity, public welfare across the country than majority of the world combined. But look at our reputation in people's eyes. The same people who may be walking out of a hospital alive due to that being a hospital built by the US aid. But they'll talk smack about the US.

Similarly, the UAE and the remainder of the Arab peninsula has always treated Pakistan as a step brother (and even a bast*ard one at that if you look at the treatment of Pakistanis in their areas). Now in their time of need during Yemen drama, they wanted to take "cheap lives" of Pakistanis instead of their "expensive Arab and lazy as*es) and put them to war against the Yemeni's. Pakistan didn't provide that, and not only that, clearly told them that their economy is growing and they want to ensure nothing destabilizes it (referring to Iran). The Pakistani government also put a big stop to UAE+KSA's Wahabi funding which then produces more extremism inside Pakistan. So they are obviously pissed at seeing a more assertive Pakistan with every passing day.

The Pakistani labor potential like India's (on a smaller level obviously but great for Pakistan's size), growing business, the CPEC, the Gawader, all of this is directly creating many Dubai's inside Pakistan. This will also result in brain drain in the UAE as the Pakistanis there, many working at good jobs providing great capability would move back home to make the same amount of money but close to families and to enjoy a richer life style (bigger homes, amenities, etc, etc).

So why would these Sheikh's who treat Pakistan like their God given lower class brother, would accept a Pakistan militarily and economy wise much stronger than them? So the only answer is, continue to grow Pakistan. This is the time to double up the work and work even harder to grow Pakistan. Once Pakistan gets to a certain level, all these foolish Princess will be wanting "time" with the Pakistani leader, instead of being the other way around.

Someone asked a Japanese leader as to why they didn't boycott the US after they had dropped nukes on Japan, the guy smiled and said, the American President uses a Panasonic phone, the entire America watches Sony TV's and drives Toyota and Honda cars. This is our revenge. We don't go inhumane, we even it out with trade and build even stronger relationships to ensure those things will never happen again. So productivity like the Japanese is the only good answer for the Pakistani nation. Produce, grow and leave these fools way behind you in the dust. Rise to the top 15th and then beat Australia in the long run to be the top 10th economy. That is a serious revenge as everyone would want you to do business with them including India. No wars and no issues, just sheer respect :tup:

Very well written ; but HONESTLY do you really believe that Pakistan wants to Become like THIS

Because if such a thing was to happen ; India would be the FIRST country
to embrace Pakistan as a Partner for progress

The reality is however different

Pakistan is still Obsessed with Kashmir and Afghanistan

Just One CPEC will not transform Pakistani economy

You do understand economics ; Pakistan needs several Hundred Billions of dollars
in Investment to become a Trillion dollar economy

You must have heard of Capital output ratio

For a 270 Billion economy to reach One trillion in OUTPUT
you can calculate the investment required
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@nair Do you mind explaining the Negative rating

What is wrong in my post

Very well written ; but HONESTLY do you really believe that Pakistan wants to Become like THIS

Because if such a thing was to happen ; India would be the FIRST country to embrace Pakistan as a Partner for progress

Do I believe? Hell, I don't need to believe in what I can see. It is ALREADY there. Whether you like it or not, Pakistan is growing to top 15th. I understand the Indian element and negativity in your post. But just watch how Pakistan is growing. By the end of 2018 (if there are no wars or other drama in between), you'll start to see Pakistan positioning itself for the top.

On the second line, if India had the common sense, it would've offered to do business with Pakistan. NS wants just that. But you guys are high on fake power-status and blind patriotism and having BJP run your country like Arabs run Camels in the desert doesn't help. A religious nut-job organization should never be allowed to put their nationalistic crap and hated in international politics.

So, when will India embrace Pakistan? The second about 50 ships a month will start to dock on Gawader. Indian businessmen, including billionaires from the BJP will put a boot up the as* of your leaders to join the CPEC as otherwise, they'll get disconnected from about 2.5 billion users all connected through the road, a short flight or a short voyage through ships. Till then, they plan on milking the US :lol: :enjoy:

You should.

Why should I? Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia did not need Arab wealth to develop their countries. Take them as role models. I say make yourself attractive for investment, provide strong governance and these Gulf countries will line up with all sorts of incentives to get an edge, including employment to millions of Pakistanis on respectable terms.

On the corruption issue I am somewhat ambivalent. I hate corruption however at some level it goes on everywhere - even China is not free from it. No doubt Pakistan should try to reduce it as much as possible however that alone is not going to fix eveything.

Thats why I said "less corruption". I am fully aware that you can not finish it completely even in Western countries, I have seen it myself.
Did you know that if Oily Arabs instead of preaching Ummah brotherhood gave Pakistan workers preferance the country could see about $30 billion extra per annum. More than CPEC? You know I come from a small village. I have been privilaged but when I go back I see some of my people. They could do with jobs. They are smart. They are hardworking and all the time are trying to raise money to pay people to get jobs in the Gulf. If those Gulf countries showed preferance for Pakistan it would change the lives of millions of my and your brothers and their families, Think about that.

Instead the Oily Arabs choose to give them to Indians. Nothing wrong with that. Their country, their choice but then should Pakistani's not take stock of this reality? Instead of singing songs about ummah and brotherhood?

Chuckles! Every village has a idiot - every forum has a "Moaning Minnie"

Just like you, I do not believe in Ummah as well. This is what it is. Yes, when I meet a turkish practicing Muslim or Indonesian or Malaysian I feel little more comfortable, due to religio-cultural aspects. But I don't expect that they will give me any advantage when it comes to do business..

My point of view is to train our man power and create employment opportunities in our own country. A thriving young country like Pakistan full with great human capital and all sort of natural resources should be a able to sustain itself from within. It is ready to take off, all it needs is a little push, this is my belief!

Respect is earned and not demanded. And you want to earn respect of Arabs or other countries around, you'll have to start from within.

I agree few million more Pakistanis in Gulf countries sending foreign capital is an added bonus, but if the corruption is not brought to acceptable levels the same capital flows back to those countries via black channels. Four billion Dollars to India in the last few years is but just a tip of the ice burg.

:3 :3 dear UAE when we start full and open supporting yeman and Iran than plox don;t cry :3

So, when will India embrace Pakistan? The second about 50 ships a month will start to dock on Gawader. Indian businessmen, including billionaires from the BJP will put a boot up the as* of your leaders to join the CPEC as otherwise, they'll get disconnected from about 2.5 billion users all connected through the road, a short flight or a short voyage through ships. Till then, they plan on milking the US :lol: :enjoy:

Ok As you say but here is a very useful video for you

Because if such a thing was to happen ; India would be the FIRST country
to embrace Pakistan as a Partner for progress

The reality is however different

Pakistan is still Obsessed with Kashmir and Afghanistan

Just One CPEC will not transform Pakistani economy

You do understand economics ; Pakistan needs several Hundred Billions of dollars
in Investment to become a Trillion dollar economy

You must have heard of Capital output ratio

For a 270 Billion economy to reach One trillion in OUTPUT
you can calculate the investment required
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@nair Do you mind explaining the Negative rating

What is wrong in my post

Nothing wrong with ur post..... something wrong with my phone- reversed

Back
Top Bottom