What's new

Is the IAF Equipped for a Two-Front War

Please read up on ICBM's before posting further comments.
dude, get a sense
would you put high explosive warheads on ICBM and launch them ? what damage will it do ?
1 block ? will that stop air aggression ?

dude, get a sense
would you put high explosive warheads on ICBM and launch them ? what damage will it do ?
1 block ? will that stop air aggression ?

We do that actually.

We have thousands of ballistic missiles with conventional warheads. Currently aimed at Taiwan and the Pacific.

It's like a long-range very powerful air strike, without having to worry about losing your aircraft. And easy to mass produce, you don't need to train new pilots, you can build as many as your manufacturing base can sustain.

What I don't get is when Indians try to make it seem like they could blockade us, and we wouldn't do anything in return. :lol:

As for the flags of convenience, if you attack a vessel with a flag other than a Chinese flag (which will be most of them given how international shipping works), that is an act of war upon the country which the ship is flagged with. And if you try to blockade all the ships indiscriminately, the entire world would come down on you for it.

More importantly, India would have to be prepared to win a full-scale naval battle with China. Not only taking on the vastly larger and more powerful Chinese Navy, but having to contend with the world's largest arsenal of sub strategic (non-nuclear) missiles being constantly fired at the Indian Navy, and at the Indian mainland. Especially considering that Delhi is so close to the Chinese border, it is even within range of conventional rocket artillery.

How many DF-21D can your Navy absorb?

At most, India will be able to interrupt a small percentage of our oil supply for a month or so, and our strategic reserves will cover that. Not to mention our vast reserves of domestic oil, more than even America has.

This small interruption, in exchange for your ships being hit by DF-21D? In exchange for all your airbases in NE India and even Delhi coming under fire from the largest conventional missile arsenal on the planet? In exchange for what would undoubtedly be a extremely strong conventional response from the PLA over India's land borders, possibly ending up severing the entirety of NE India away?

The only Navy that could blockade us is the USN, since they are the most powerful Navy in the world. And even if we couldn't break the blockade, we could sit back and hurl DF-21D and take out their ships from thousands of kilometers away. In the end, our missiles are far cheaper and far faster to build than the targets they will be destroying, is that really worth it for a blockade of a few months, which is already covered by our reserves?

You'll have to decide if your ships and soldiers are more valuable and easily replenishable, compared to our mass-produced missiles.

Lack of knowledge - about shipping or about oil industry, isn't such a big deal. But to argue on forcefully, completely unencumbered by facts is something you've converted into a fine art. Do accept my congratulations - a couple of posts back, I had actually taken you seriously. You got me there!!

No one is stopping anyone to prepare themselves for war, but the question is will ever a war HAPPEN? I say IMPOSSIBLE.

BTW, often our military forces come out with these stories to get more funds from GOI ;)

It will happen eventually. Look at the history. Learnt a thing or two from internet and you trying to become an intellectual ? Most of the time budget allotted by GOI is not spent on forces and goes back to GOI. You want them to Live with Junk (don't forget we import everything) and expecting them to defend your borders and Country.

Lack of knowledge - about shipping or about oil industry, isn't such a big deal. But to argue on forcefully, completely unencumbered by facts is something you've converted into a fine art. Do accept my congratulations - a couple of posts back, I had actually taken you seriously. You got me there!!

So you've already given up on logical argument. :lol:

Like I said, China has more nuclear submarines than India has TOTAL active submarines. If you include the rest of our conventional submarines (around 60) the comparison becomes laughable.

And you're going to blockade us, what a joke. :rofl:

Last edited:
We do that actually.

We have thousands of ballistic missiles with conventional warheads. Currently aimed at Taiwan and the Pacific.

It's like a long-range very powerful air strike, without having to worry about losing your aircraft. And easy to mass produce, you don't need to train new pilots, you can build as many as your manufacturing base can sustain.
firstly sir airstrikes are precious in nature
ICBM's unless launched in 500+ or 1000's cannot create a scare in the enemy (conventional warhead)
China is too big, conventional ICBM would fail to yield results

So you've already given up on logical argument. :lol:

Like I said, China has more nuclear submarines than India has TOTAL active submarines. If you include the rest of our conventional submarines the comparison becomes laughable.

And you're going to blockade us, what a joke. :rofl:

Logical arguments are for logical people. You don't seem to have much idea of either energy trade or shipping, nor logistics. I don't think you have any inside knowledge of China's 'special weapons' either, but you still talk with authority. Reading your stuff, I'd say you're someone with little real-world experience at anything. But that doesn't stop you from forcefully arguing - an unbeatable combo if you ask me.

Have a great life ahead dear!

Logical arguments are for logical people. You don't seem to have much idea of either energy trade or shipping, nor logistics. I don't think you have any inside knowledge of China's 'special weapons' either, but you still talk with authority. Reading your stuff, I'd say you're someone with little real-world experience at anything. But that doesn't stop you from forcefully arguing - an unbeatable combo if you ask me.

Have a great life ahead dear!

Yes clearly you lack the ability to conduct a discussion with logic or reason.

From your own media:

Navy concerned over India's depleting submarine fleet - NDTV

India has an estimated 7 active conventional submarines, compared to 60 for China. And China has an estimated 10 nuclear submarines in addition to that.

Now tell me, how are you going to blockade us when our submarine fleet is absolutely dominant compared to yours? And I'm not even mentioning the surface fleet, in which we again have vastly larger numbers of destroyers and frigates compared to India. Hell, our submarine fleet alone outnumbers all of your surface destroyers and frigates combined, not even counting our massive surface fleet.

firstly sir airstrikes are precious in nature
ICBM's unless launched in 500+ or 1000's cannot create a scare in the enemy (conventional warhead)
China is too big, conventional ICBM would fail to yield results

These ballistic missiles with conventional warheads are quite accurate, they are meant to be used as a first strike against enemy airfields, taking out their air force capability before they even leave the ground. With thousands of these conventional ballistic missiles (not counting cruise missiles or rocket artillery) it can form a very potent first strike against all sorts of military assets, airfields being the main example.

These ballistic missiles with conventional warheads are quite accurate, they are meant to be used as a first strike against enemy airfields, taking out their air force capability before they even leave the ground. With thousands of these conventional ballistic missiles (not counting cruise missiles or rocket artillery) it can form a very potent first strike against all sorts of military assets, airfields being the main example.

but these missile won't stop an air raid, the squads would be needed for self defense air India's air

IAF is not equipped for straight Air Dom over pakistan in it's current form, let alone two front war. IAF modernization is in limbo since last decade. I don't see that changing unless all mig27 and Mig21's are replaced by Rafales and LCA mk2 in High low configurations, Jaguar Darin III upgrade, LCA MK2 Navy fully operational, AESA upgrade for MKI, 2 additional Awacs,and 12 DRDO Awacs available and Brahmos2 Mini and Air launched Nirbhay and brahmos fully integrated. This will take another decade or more.

Not likely, India is too weak to handle both Pakistan and China in front two wars. It will be massive huge loss for IAF defeats and confusions.

Al all out full scale war... India alone would loose...

A limited war.. not a problem..

I guess Indian and Chinese both are civilization without spine. China and India didnt attack any nation in long history.

Chine is supporting Pak to create a proxy where India can have some friendship with Japan.

Hindus civilization has lost more land and lives than any in near future so they should get thirsty of way with terrorist.

India has contracted to just around 40% of what it was 1000 years ago and the trend will be same, because of a dangerous disease - more dangerous than any other - called 'sickuliar' due to 35% of M population in India.

CERTAINLY NOT! What part of IAF looks ready for 2 front war?

Its crashing mig-21s or its dwindling MiG-29s and Mirages 2000s?

My question is why fight a two front war in the first place?!

Your politicians are paid to do a job, and that job is to make sure it's not a two front war. I mean it may or may not succeed in doing that, but to plan for a two front war is insane.

Pakistan isn't Vietnam or Philippines. Pakistan and the Japanese air force are somewhat similar, though weaker in numbers. So essentially, Pakistan is an able air nation. Getting into it on that front along is a headache, considering Pakistan is much smaller and can thus be able to concentrate on one front.

If China so much as moves some navy without attacking to the South of India, India must divert fighters, you can't have a front with no fighters.

So essentially it's not a tech game, but a number's game. In the right scenario, Pakistan can get a depleted Indian force at Pakistan India front with out China actually going into battle at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom