What's new

Is the Barak 8 SAM a big mistake?

LOL - The HQ-9 won the Turkish SAM competition back in 2013. It is one of the best long-range SAMs in the world.

The version that China has is even better than the one that Turkey was offered.

Anyway this is off-topic. Let is get back to Barak 8.
Long range SAM? Check where the long range SAM is effective.

LOL - The HQ-9 won the Turkish SAM competition back in 2013. It is one of the best long-range SAMs in the world.

The version that China has is even better than the one that Turkey was offered.

Anyway this is off-topic. Let is get back to Barak 8.
What off topic did you read the comments.

Even if it is, it is supposed to have it's own air defense system, and CIWS as a last resort. Somebody explain this noob about multilayer air defense in a CBG.
Minimum 130-160 Barak 8 always remain in direct fire mode in CBG. And thats enough.

Even if it is, it is supposed to have it's own air defense system, and CIWS as a last resort. Somebody explain this noob about multilayer air defense in a CBG.

LOL @ noob comment.

Do you have anything constructive to add at all? I am well aware of multi-layered air-defence which means that all layers of defence can provide defence for all ships in the fleet to stop any one layer from being defeated.

You really are not a very bright person are you?

That is why its a better choice against super sonic cruise missiles ??
Yes, and HQ-9 is better choice for ABM and high altitude targets like bombers, but HQ-9 is not good missile against Cruise missile.

Thats why I said both missile are different, both missile threat matrix is different.

Nope, PhD in nanophototonics and electromagnetism doesn't apparently help in the luminosity of a person's irradiation.

Who gives a crap about your academic qualifications?:lol:

You are judged by the stuff you put up here. You are either not very bright or are getting overly defensive with a potential massive flaw being highlighted in the Barak 8 missile.

Aster30: 60g
S-400: 40g
Barak-8: 80g

To dodge Barak 8, the aircraft will have to undergo sustained maneuver of >20g.

You are judged by the stuff you put up here. You are either not very bright or are getting overly defensive with a potential massive flaw being highlighted in the Barak 8 missile.

Forgive me, but I just don't take any Bangladeshi seriously.

Prasun K Sengupta.:what: Now I am big fan of him. I love his conspiracy theories. :P

Lolwa, he's a nut.

You neither checked your facts, what is the purpose of Barak 8?, and what its threat matrix which this is handling. And neither you know about HQ-9, that what threat it handling.

Speed is not everything, otherwise BrahMos would be formidable.

This was highlighted by @Ceonwulf in another thread.

I have checked all the other long-range SAMs like Aster 30/SM-3/S-300 and HQ-9, and they have speeds of between Mach 4-6, whereas the Barak 8 is only Mach 2.

Unless India only wants to use the Barak 8 just to defend the carrying ship and maybe other ships very close to it like a carrier, it does not seem like a very good SAM with which to provide area defence to a fleet

Maybe I am missing something but can somebody explain the reasons why the Barak 8 was selected to equip the new Indian destroyers?

Pathetic Chinese Cheerleader,

Barak-8 is tailor made to intercept AShCM ,including maneuverable supersonic cruise missiles. In this job, it is even better than US missiles which are designed for primarily Aircraft interdiction, not AShCM interdiction.

This is the reason that it has

1. Lateral acceleration of 80G , due to which it could quickly reposition itself if its target change path.

2. Active seeker. Your Pathetic Chibot missile does not have active seeker and is guided by Ship's Radar, like Akash SAM.Chibot missile could only engage a handful of hostile aircrafts at a time, while all Barak-8 in a fleet could be fired simultaneously.

3. Low speed, as higher the relative velocity between your target and you, less is the chance of interception.

4. Whether a missile is point defence ,or area defence depends on range of missile, not its speed. A missile with 70 Km range qualifies as fleet defence system.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom