What's new

Is South Korea's new KF-21 fighter similar to India's AMCA stealth jet?

The PAF is aiming for a twin-engine design with supercruising and space for directed energy weapons.

I think the PAF will ultimately roll Project AZM into a joint-venture with another country (likely China or Turkey). The key thing to watch is whether they go for a 24-28-ton jet like the FC-31 or a 32-35-ton aircraft such as TFX. Interestingly, the target test flight date the PAF gave for AZM is around the same timeframe as the TFX (2028-2029).

The jury is still out on the direction because the PAF has long wanted a strike-capable fighter, hence there may be a genuine effort to get a TFX or J-20-sized fighter.
I don’t understand the IAF requirement of a Medium FGFA, I think they’ll do the same they did with Tejas. Its not that we can’t make things, the things we make end up getting failed due to end moment change in specs, Tejas and Arjun are prime example where IAF and IA did a lot of requirement changes, Tejas and Arjun Survived somehow and so will AMCA but if IAF is really serious about a medium aircraft with just 4 internal hardpoints compared to 8 in F-22 and F-35.
1618084571362.jpeg

I don’t understand the IAF requirement of a Medium FGFA, I think they’ll do the same they did with Tejas. Its not that we can’t make things, the things we make end up getting failed due to end moment change in specs, Tejas and Arjun are prime example where IAF and IA did a lot of requirement changes, Tejas and Arjun Survived somehow and so will AMCA but if IAF is really serious about a medium aircraft with just 4 internal hardpoints compared to 8 in F-22 and F-35.
View attachment 732920
I'd weigh on the side of HAL learning its lessons from Tejas. I think the AMCA will likely go more smoothly (notwithstanding inherent technical challenges) than Tejas from a project management standpoint.

IMHO the only thing I'd be wary of is whether overseas OEMs try meddling so as to get into the project or harm it so that they can score off-the-shelf contracts. However, seeing the TEBDF, I think New Delhi is interested in original design and relying on local OEMs.

Pakistan is a 1st world country by definition because it sided with the USA Bloc, India is a 3rd world country because it remained neutral, hence India is a 3rd world country by definition. 1st or 3rd world have nothing with development or socio-economic factors.
Do you know what's the definition or explaination/ difference of between 3rd world ànd 1st world country? Lol
View attachment 732920
F35 ànd F22 have external hardpoints for fuel tanks and for carrying weapons

Do you know what's the definition or explaination/ difference of between 3rd world ànd 1st world country? Lol
I just explained, the countries who sided with USA Bloc were 1st world countries, Athe ones who sided with the USSR Bloc were 2nd world countries and the ones who remained neutral became 3rd world countries.
F35 ànd F22 have external hardpoints for fuel tanks and for carrying weapons
So does AMCA but it degrades stealth,

whocares!

KF21 will still come out early whereas Indian AMCA will be on a drawing board.
Who cares, if a 4.5 gen comes earlier than a 5th gen. Nice logic. Where is your Project Hazam?
Our AMCA is off the drawing board and yesterday tenders for its Wind Tunnel Testing models were flowted, first flight of AMCA will be by 2025 while prototype will be rolled out by 2024.

Who cares, if a 4.5 gen comes earlier than a 5th gen. Nice logic. Where is your Project Hazam?
Our AMCA is off the drawing board and yesterday tenders for its Wind Tunnel Testing models were flowted, first flight of AMCA will be by 2025 while prototype will be rolled out by 2024.

Why do you have to being Project AZM to hide your failure and incompetence?

Is this thread about Project AZM??

Or this thread about KF21 and AMCA?

Are you born Stupid or have you done a special course on stupidity?

Those 2025 and 2024 prototype dates are the reason I wana bet on Indian AMCA vs South Korean KF21.

Why do you have to being Project AZM to hide your failure and incompetence?

Is this thread about Project AZM??

Or this thread about KF21 and AMCA?

Are you born Stupid or have you done a special course on stupidity?
Is this thread on which one is better? The author just pointed out the similarities in both aircraft. So no point of using useless lines like it will come before AMCA, yes it will come before AMCA because the KF-X project started in 1998, AMCA started in 2010. Yet we will bring a prototype in a lesser time than what KAI did, considering KF-X programme’s lead consultant is lockheed martin and majority of its components are straightaway imports and it uses a simple design and is a 4.5 gen aircraft, not saying its bad but AMCA will focus more on Indigenisation and usage of existing tech developed, from E/W Suite, to radar, to engines, to radome, to landing gear, to weapons, IRST, DCMAWS, Helmet Mounted Cueing System, Aircraft radar absorbant materials, etc all will be Indian with minimum imported stuff like ejection seat from Martin baker. Yes LCA Tejas had an Israeli radar, American engine, British radome, Israeli E/W suite because our own tech wasn’t matured till then, but DRDO is optimistic that it will be using majority of Indian equipment, parts and components.

I just explained, the countries who sided with USA Bloc were 1st world countries, Athe ones who sided with the USSR Bloc were 2nd world countries and the ones who remained neutral became 3rd world countrie
Lol this not a definition of 1st world ànd 3rd world countries do research before you can post here its not relates to any alliances 1st world are the develop countries like USA/EU/Russia/ Japan
2nd world countries are semi develop countries like China/Turkey etc etc ànd 3rd world countries aren DEVELOPING countries India Pakistan Middle East African
countries etc etc
And you're not neutral at all but you're currently puppet of West/USA to contain China

Ànd i already knows that its increases RCS of stealth jet but it's for low intensity warfare

Is this thread on which one is better? The author just pointed out the similarities in both aircraft. So no point of using useless lines like it will come before AMCA, yes it will come before AMCA because the KF-X project started in 1998, AMCA started in 2010. Yet we will bring a prototype in a lesser time than what KAI did, considering KF-X programme’s lead consultant is lockheed martin and majority of its components are straightaway imports and it uses a simple design and is a 4.5 gen aircraft, not saying its bad but AMCA will focus more on Indigenisation and usage of existing tech developed, from E/W Suite, to radar, to engines, to radome, to landing gear, to weapons, IRST, DCMAWS, Helmet Mounted Cueing System, Aircraft radar absorbant materials, etc all will be Indian with minimum imported stuff like ejection seat from Martin baker. Yes LCA Tejas had an Israeli radar, American engine, British radome, Israeli E/W suite because our own tech wasn’t matured till then, but DRDO is optimistic that it will be using majority of Indian equipment, parts and components.
The main question is that why you bring Pakistani project AZM into this thread

Would you bet on this? At least i won't. I won't even bet Tejas Mk. 2 will be by then.
Tejas Mk2 prototype construction has already started, lol will be ready by next year August.
DRDO has set the goal for 2025, at max it can get delayed by an year.

Why did you bring in Project AZM when this Thread is about AMCA and KF21?

Nobody asked for your explanation about this thread?

We know its talks about similarities between AMCA and KF21. Instead of posting all the Nonsense about we will do this, we will do that .

I wanted to bet the SouthKorean KF21 will come out alot earliar than Indian AMCA which will be on drawing Boards come 2030.

Last edited by a moderator:
But all 5th gen fighter jets in development by 3rd world countries either inspired by US design or Russian design ànd Indian DEVELOPMENTS of AM A is one of them

The main question is that why you bring Pakistani project AZM into this thread
Because some Pakistani members are in a mood to belittle, I mean what was the point of saying “Who cares, KF-X will come earlier than AMCA“ when I said KF-X is a 4.5 gen aircraft which the designers themselves say, they will breate blocks and make it true 5th gen soon.

1618090781645.png

Back
Top Bottom