What's new

Is rising hindu extremism threat to the region and world peace?

they pose no threat to regional peace but are a headache for the rest of us in India who have no wish to live in a theocracy.

Hindu right is never going to be a theocracy. This is the problem. Most of us Indians think that a non-secular state or a Hindu nationalist state means saffron-robed men ruling in the parliament. Hardly. Theocracy is an Abrahamic concept. Sadly, a lot of it has precipitated into Indian society.

But a Hindu or in broader sense a Dharmic nationalist state would simply mean the following:

1- No reservations on the basis of caste.
2- Uniform civil law.
3- Cultural sensitivities respected for Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains and in general overall.
4- Outlawing beef and cow slaughter.
5- No conversions by missionaries and lunatics like Zakir Naik.
6- Mandatory military conscription, promotion of physical activities and training for all citizens.

None of these in the least are in any way threat to the world or even within India.

Many people in my personal circle also had similar thought process about some theocracy taking shape and babas and gurus ruling in the name of politics; until they visited RSS shakha to understand what Hindu right wing is all about.

And certainly it has nothing to do with mullah or priest-style theocracy that Iran or Vatican are.

Please do not compare organized religion-based theocratic states to these guys.

My advise to my non-Hindu Indian brethren as a non-Hindu myself; educate yourself and spread this awareness.
It is nowhere as hostile and dangerous as what the media makes it look like.

It is rather late to ask that question.Rise of Hinduism has caused oceans of blood to flow in SA.Please bear in mind that there has never been a rise/resirgence of Hinduism;it's always been a rise of Hindu extremism. It's naked emergence caused the Partition and the accompanying blood bath.

I thought the HIndus saved you Bangladeshis from an ongoing orgy of genocide and rapine. With the murder of 3 million and rape of 200,000 at the hands of Muslims.

That is what Hinduism is for you. We even saved your ilk!

Reminds me of the story of the sage and the scorpion. One can see who is the sage and who is the scorpion here. ;)

One day a saint was taking a bath in a river. His disciple sat on the bank with the saint's clothes, asana and rosary. The saint noticed a scorpion struggling in the current. Taking pity, he lifted the bedraggled scorpion in his palm and started wading toward the bank.

No sooner had the scorpion recovered than it promptly stung the saint on the palm. The saint felt an unbearable, burning pain shoot up his arm, but he did not drop the scorpion. Instead, he gently shook his hand to encourage the scorpion to move away from the wound.

The saint's disciple, watching from the bank, became alarmed, but did not say anything.

The saint had only taken a few more steps when the scorpion stung him again. A searing pain more intense than the first one went all the way up his arm and throbbed in his hand. The saint staggered and nearly collapsed in the river.

This time the disciple did call out. "Put him down, guruji! He will only sting you again. Leave him to his fate. Your kindness is of no value to such a creature. He will learn nothing from it!"

The saint ignored him and continued walking. He had nearly reached the bank when the scorpion stung him for a third time. The pain exploded into his head, lungs, and his heart. The disciple saw a blissful smile appear on the saint's face before he collapsed in to the river. The disciple dragged the saint to the shore, still smiling and still cradling the scorpion in his palm. As soon as they had reached shore, the scorpion crawled away as quickly as it could.

"Guruji!" said the disciple after the saint had regained consciousness. "How can you smile? That wretched creature nearly killed you."

"You are right, my son," said the saint. "But he was only following his dharma, his nature. It is the dharma of a scorpion to sting, and it is the dharma of a saint to save its' life. He is following his dharma and I am following mine. Everything is in its proper place. That is why I am so happy."

Hindu right is never going to be a theocracy. This is the problem. Most of us Indians think that a non-secular state or a Hindu nationalist state means saffron-robed men ruling in the parliament. Hardly. Theocracy is an Abrahamic concept. Sadly, a lot of it has precipitated into Indian society.

But a Hindu or in broader sense a Dharmic nationalist state would simply mean the following:

1- No reservations on the basis of caste.
2- Uniform civil law.
3- Cultural sensitivities respected for Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains and in general overall.
4- Outlawing beef and cow slaughter.
5- No conversions by missionaries and lunatics like Zakir Naik.
6- Mandatory military conscription, promotion of physical activities and training for all citizens.

None of these in the least are in any way threat to the world or even within India.

Many people in my personal circle also had similar thought process about some theocracy taking shape and babas and gurus ruling in the name of politics; until they visited RSS shakha to understand what Hindu right wing is all about.

And certainly it has nothing to do with mullah or priest-style theocracy that Iran or Vatican are.

Please do not compare organized religion-based theocratic states to these guys.

My advise to my non-Hindu Indian brethren as a non-Hindu myself; educate yourself and spread this awareness.
It is nowhere as hostile and dangerous as what the media makes it look like.
not sure about the military conscription bit but I'm down with all of those 6 points, especially the uniform civil code.

and of course it's nothing like the mullah right wing in muslim countries but I'd like to see a truly secular India, ie complete separation of religion and state, I don't care how benevolent or benign "my" said religion is. (I'm a hindu brahmin)

all this recent conversion garbage is mostly to do with economics, lift people's standards (better jobs, more money) and it will all fade away, as you said, and I know for myself that the dharmic faith isn't fascistic in nature.

anyway, I have always voted for, and will vote again for BJP (just not not for any sort of religious reasons)

or, I'd even be down with full on fascism.. but promise me we'll put a bullet in Sonia, Didi, Owaisi's head and roll tanks over anyone protesting it :enjoy:

I thought the HIndus saved you Bangladeshis from an ongoing orgy of genocide and rapine. With the murder of 3 million and rape of 200,000 at the hands of Muslims.

That is what Hinduism is for you. We even saved your ilk!

Reminds me of the story of the sage and the scorpion. One can see who is the sage and who is the scorpion here. ;)

One day a saint was taking a bath in a river. His disciple sat on the bank with the saint's clothes, asana and rosary. The saint noticed a scorpion struggling in the current. Taking pity, he lifted the bedraggled scorpion in his palm and started wading toward the bank.

No sooner had the scorpion recovered than it promptly stung the saint on the palm. The saint felt an unbearable, burning pain shoot up his arm, but he did not drop the scorpion. Instead, he gently shook his hand to encourage the scorpion to move away from the wound.

The saint's disciple, watching from the bank, became alarmed, but did not say anything.

The saint had only taken a few more steps when the scorpion stung him again. A searing pain more intense than the first one went all the way up his arm and throbbed in his hand. The saint staggered and nearly collapsed in the river.

This time the disciple did call out. "Put him down, guruji! He will only sting you again. Leave him to his fate. Your kindness is of no value to such a creature. He will learn nothing from it!"

The saint ignored him and continued walking. He had nearly reached the bank when the scorpion stung him for a third time. The pain exploded into his head, lungs, and his heart. The disciple saw a blissful smile appear on the saint's face before he collapsed in to the river. The disciple dragged the saint to the shore, still smiling and still cradling the scorpion in his palm. As soon as they had reached shore, the scorpion crawled away as quickly as it could.

"Guruji!" said the disciple after the saint had regained consciousness. "How can you smile? That wretched creature nearly killed you."

"You are right, my son," said the saint. "But he was only following his dharma, his nature. It is the dharma of a scorpion to sting, and it is the dharma of a saint to save its' life. He is following his dharma and I am following mine. Everything is in its proper place. That is why I am so happy."

Don't bakwas. We fought and sacrificed for our freedom. Bengali Muslims fought the war exclusively.Our Hindus simply refused to bear arm saying their religion forbade this. They spent the nine months in the refugee camps while we Muslims fought the occupation army.

Don't bakwas. We fought and sacrificed for our freedom. Bengali Muslims fought the war exclusively.Our Hindus simply refused to bear arm saying their religion forbade this. They spent the nine months in the refugee camps while we Muslims fought the occupation army.

You are living in delusions and lies.

It is our Hindu soldiers that saved your lives and the honor of your women (Muslim or Hindu) from Muslim West Pakistanis who were bent on "changing your genes". They felt that killing "3 millions of you will make you eat out of their hands".

Most of the Islamists and Jamatis among you were collaborators. It is the Hindu Bangladeshis who provided the leadership to the chotolok.

Being butchered wholesale is not really called "sacrificed for our freedom". You were just being butchered and it was the Indian (Hindu) army that mattered in the end. The PA surrendered to IA, not a bunch of lungi clad gofers.

You are living in delusions and lies.

It is our Hindu soldiers that saved your lives and the honor of your women (Muslim or Hindu) from Muslim West Pakistanis who were bent on "changing your genes". They felt that killing "3 millions of you will make you eat out of their hands".

Most of the Islamists and Jamatis among you were collaborators. It is the Hindu Bangladeshis who provided the leadership to the chotolok.

Being butchered wholesale is not really called "sacrificed for our freedom". You were just being butchered and it was the Indian (Hindu) army that mattered in the end. The PA surrendered to IA, not a bunch of lungi clad gofers.
Stop bakwas'ing.Your Hindu Army entered the fray when Pak forces had already lost. You didn't come to help us.Nahin/No. You had your own agenda of breaking up Pakistan.

Whereas all the headlines are focused on the Mullah extremism in Pakistan, a real threat is being almost completely ignored by the world - the Hindu extremism !

A country where a fundamentalist Hindu like Modi is elected a prime minister - who was until now even banned and refused entry by almost all the western countries for taking part in mass murder in the name of hinduism - and where very powerful hindu fundamentalists are sitting in the key govt. positions, a sick mentality of taking over the region and forced conversions is on the rise.

And a majority of indian seem to support that, therefore they bring these people to the govt.

So the real question is: Do these hindu fundamentalists now sitting in the govt of india pose a very serious threat to the region and thus to world peace? And even more important, how should world contain these religeous fanatics?
It is the greatest threat the world has seen so far. About that, there should be no doubt.

Stop bakwas'ing.Your Hindu Army entered the fray when Pak forces had already lost. You didn't come to help us.Nahin/No. You had your own agenda of breaking up Pakistan.

Isn't it amazing! ;)

We save your life and the honor of your womenfolks when you were being butchered like sheeple.

And this is your ilk's way of showing gratitude. ;)

I am sure you are as grateful to the non Muslim country that has allowed you in and may even make you a citizen.

Something no Islamic country will do.

That is why the scorpion story. ;)

Isn't it amazing! ;)

We save your life and the honor of your womenfolks when you were being butchered like sheeple.

And this is your ilk's way of showing gratitude. ;)

I am sure you are as grateful to the non Muslim country that has allowed you in and may even make you a citizen.

Something no Islamic country will do.

That is why the scorpion story. ;)
Not him. He fought on the other side. He laments about the good old days. But Indian Army along with the Mukti Bahini defeated his Masters.

bharat ki sarkar ko sab BJP kay atak wadiun ko khatum karna chahiyay. Indian gvt should kill all bjp terrorists.

Modi proposed Yoga Day on his maiden visit to the UN and 175 countries listened to him and supported him. Enough said, now whine about Hindu fundamentalist Modi in the comfort of your Mullah apologists anonymous.

And some extremists would have called it Haram, which provides good health! :mad:

Theocratic extremists like India is a threat to South Asia. Time to take down the elephant!

Back
Top Bottom