What's new

Is Pakistani principally a race or ideology?

Is Pakistani a race or ideology?

• Race/Ethnicity

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Ideology

Votes: 57 86.4%

• Total voters
So I was having this discussion in my family, and the topic came up.

To give you a background, I am from the USA and we have a large Pakistani origin population which neither speak any Pakistani tongues, know about our history, care about Pakistani politics, nor self-identify as Pakistani.

So would such persons be identified as Pakistani even if they want nothing to do with Pakistan, and choose instead either to identify only as Muslims or only as Americans (Canadians, Australians, British, Europeans etc.)

Although the concept of a (Muslim) homeland along the Indus/Sindh River is a much older concept, Pakistan was first conceived by our founders as a place where Muslims/Non-Muslims of our region can live in peace, practice our faith, and work on achieving a model nation which promotes equality, freedom, and brotherhood for all its citizens.

The two nation theory and the movement for Pakistan were definitely ideologies and one had to ascribe to them to be part of the Pakistan movement.

After independence, Pakistan and Pakistanis began being treated as an ethnic and racial group by Non-Muslim countries. For example the hateful epithet ‘Paaki’ is racial in design, and not at all ideological.

Sometime after 2000s, Pakistanis, esp in America, began to distance themselves from their country of origin and ascribe to the term ‘Desi,’ whose meaning was changed to incorporate Indians and Bengalis. Desi originally is a term only for Pakistanis (Des, Pardes) or Pakistani products (Desi egg, ghee, chickens, etc.)

So we have a whole generation of descendants of Pakistanis in the diaspora who have no connection or desire to associate with Pakistan. They grew up intentionally avoiding Pakistani languages, Pakistani immigrants (besides relatives,) many have intermarried with people of Non-Pakistani origin, and they have no concept of the history/struggle/politics of the Pakistani homeland.

There is no doubt that Pakistani is now a robust and strong nationality, which has gained a new lease on life thanks to PTI and Pakistani military, however besides this the question needs to be asked.

Is Pakistani a racial, ethnic identity or is it an ideological choice?

For those who do not care for Pakistan (new generation of the diaspora) and those who actively fight against our state (like Husain Haqqani, Altaf Hussain, Rehman Khan, etc.,) are they Pakistanis?

Pakistan Movement is taught as a Political ideology in Government schools in Pakistan. Right to self determination through peaceful democratic means.

I am appalled by your general knowledge about Pakistan.

Pakistan Movement is taught as a Political ideology in Government schools in Pakistan. Right to self determination through peaceful democratic means.

I am appalled by your general knowledge about Pakistan.

Some people just try to confuse us bholay bhalay Pakistanis by saying if Pakistan was made in the name of Islam why Pakistan don't takes Muslims refugees from all over the world etc and many other such things

Some people just try to confuse us bholay bhalay Pakistanis by saying if Pakistan was made in the name of Islam why Pakistan don't takes Muslims refugees from all over the world etc and many other such things

Why should we tolerate jahalat?

Ya apnay masail sa tawaju hatanay ka liye Pakistan ka ideological masail ki taraf tawju karletay hain

han inki internet per baat maan lo or bolo dollar jama kara den state bank of Pakistan me. inke masail bohat zyada hain or paise se hal nahi hosakte.loot lo atleast ham apne to masle paise se hal karlenge.

han inki internet per baat maan lo or bolo dollar jama kara den state bank of Pakistan me. inke masail bohat zyada hain or paise se hal nahi hosakte.loot lo atleast ham apne to masle paise se hal karlenge.

Meray khayal main jab Tak Pakistan ka pass Pak army ko tankhah denay ka paisay Hain nazarya Pakistan kahin nahi ja raha
Paisay to Jama karwanay chahiye agar Pakistan ki ideology ki itni fikar hai to

Meray khayal main jab Tak Pakistan ka pass Pak army ko tankhah denay ka paisay Hain nazarya Pakistan kahin nahi ja raha
Paisay to Jama karwanay chahiye agar Pakistan ki ideology ki itni fikar hai to

fauj me bande kam hain.. paisa chaiye. inse loot lo ye awein duniya me confuse hone aye hain kisi ka bhala hojaega

Our Daulat e Islamiyyat (sacred continuation of our Islamic nation) represents a distinct qawm (nation) with a distinct historical reality from all other Islamic brotherly nations.

The historical experience of our people (Pakistan in particular, but also Afghanistan and Indian-occupied Kashmir) represents for us the continual struggle of our people to preserve our religion and culture, in the face of our enemies who wish nothing but to erase us.

We are an Islamic nation, but also a geographical entity which functions in a distinct time and place.

However the inner spirit of our nation is much older, from the time when the first Muslims arrived/converted in this sacred region.

Back
Top Bottom