What's new

Is Manmohan Singh the most quiet Head of Government in the world???

My point is that at the time of crisis a country needs a reassurance from there leader that they are in safe hands & this crisis is of very short time, this was what Winston Churchill did in WW2, this was what Indira Gandhi did in 1971, this was what AB VP did in Kargil -1999. Today when the economy is in shambles, corruption is rampant, India is losing it's place in world, share markets & rupee are in free fall, the people are looking towards it's leader to give some assurance, but all in vain :tdown:

lol I cant really remember his voice. But just seems that he isnt really capable of playing the PM, especially in a shitty environment like the Congress Party. But he is a great economist and respected for his ideas in this field by all other G20 leaders. But its damn hard to implement any reforms with Sonia G. and co + a totally uncooperative opposition.

india needs to understand and thank this great man for his work. i am a manmohan supporter. he is by far the best pm we had.

india needs to understand and thank this great man for his work. i am a manmohan supporter. he is by far the best pm we had.

Pls mate, i am curious to know what great works he has done, apart from Indo-US nuke deal which i also really appreciate.

well he did speak during a nuke deal with the US..remember his warning to UPA and its allies? if no support to nuke deal, he wont continue as PM!!! even UPA dared to let Left pull out their support..

Seat of Prime Minister vacant since 2004.
Hopefully it will be occupied in 2014 and not left vacant till 2019.

Pls mate, i am curious to know what great works he has done, apart from Indo-US nuke deal which i also really appreciate.

do u follow his policies, inface do u even follow politics closely? i cant believe in 8 yrs all u know about mms is nuclear bill.

Do u know sez act of 2005, and national manufacturing policy, solar mission. most of the research in the defence sector is also happened in last 8 yrs. untill 2004 india could nt even make a single missile to even counter pakistan.

our foreign policy is today 10000 stronger it was before him. his policies in real estate is the reason why it is booming in india today.

until 2004 india was simply dependent on west for trade. he came in and immediately asked the govt to invest in africa and other developing nations to have long term growth. today india is secod largest investor in africa 90 billion invested.

his policies in power sector has made india to add massive capacity and currently 80000 mw in uc.

i agree india is a very complex country and there are problems in every sector. but that doesnt mean u put it on sms. he is not responsible for evverything.

Don't single out PM Manmohan Singh for economic woes: Ratan Tata

MUMBAI: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has made a rare intervention in support of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, attributing the slowdown in decision-making to what he termed as attempts by the Opposition to "topple the government" as well as "persistent allegations" of corruption and illegal acts.

Tata used the social networking site Twitter on Thursday to back the prime minister and to lash out at his critics, on a day when the Congress party scion Rahul Gandhi declared for the first time that he was ready to play a more proactive role in the party and the government.

"Depressed to see the attacks on India. Felt obliged to express my feelings," Tata tweeted, attaching a statement in the prime minister's support.

"Yes, it is true that our country lost its growth momentum over the past 12 months, that investment confidence has declined, that inflation has soared and that government action has been 'too little, too late' - but to single out and blame the prime minister is grossly misdirected," Tata's statement titled 'Let's Do The Right Thing' read.

"We should also recognise the enormous damage done by political infighting; the single-minded goal of the Opposition to topple the government; the allegations, accusations of corruption and illegal acts which have brought almost all government action to a standstill," he tweeted.

The Opposition BJP has targeted Cabinet ministers such as P Chidambaram while Team Anna, a group of anti-corruption activities, has kept up a steady drumbeat of allegations against Cabinet ministers. It wasn't clear if Tata's references to corruption allegations bringing government action to a standstill were with reference to Team Anna.

"It is sad and unfortunate that over the past few months the Opposition, the media, some private citizens and even some members of the ruling party have mercilessly spoken and written disparagingly about our prime minister - a person who was the architect of the 1991 reforms which brought economic prosperity and international recognition to our country," tweeted the outgoing chairman of the $100-billion Tata Group. "They have also chosen to overlook the fact that this warm-hearted prime minister has led our country with great personal dignity and integrity."

Don't single out PM Manmohan Singh for economic woes: Ratan Tata - The Economic Times

Well that is gthe nature of his personality- he is a doer not a hot-air filled trur-blooded politican like the rest of them that speak and speak and do little. Despite being quiet he has acheived plenty in his tenure and I don't think he should be criticised for this. In the over-dramatic and emotional world of Indian politicans who talk big and achieve next to nothing he is a refreshing change.

Well that is gthe nature of his personality- he is a doer not a hot-air filled trur-blooded politican like the rest of them that speak and speak and do little. Despite being quiet he has acheived plenty in his tenure and I don't think he should be criticised for this. In the over-dramatic and emotional world of Indian politicans who talk big and achieve next to nothing he is a refreshing change.

only the people, who read economy news every day and closely follow indian policy making know what he has done. rest just keep barking. continue please...

Back
Top Bottom