What's new

Is Kashmir key to Afghan peace?

Wise guy, let's not derail thread by discussing that useless book.

Purchase the book and find it yourself what kind of references are there.

OK wise guy, book is open in front of me. I find references to what she has written. The references include Journal articles, news reports, government documents, interviews, electronic sources and books.

Does that make the book more substantiative for you?.

First off, the book is one opinion. Second. the book indicates nothing except that the Pakistani military operates multiple business holdings whose revenues it uses to support various welfare and retirement programs for its staff. Those revenues are in fact dwarfed by the total defence budget of the military, for which it still depends upon the civilian government.

It does not by any means indicate that the military is somehow 'vested' in keeping the conflict of Kshmir alive for the sake of its survival - that is a fairy tale from india designed to continuously inculcate hate towards Pakistan, and create the myth that Pakistan will always be antagonistic towards India.

Just BS.

Mr Daredevil, i can see your not very subtle attempts at maligning the army of Pakistan. First you said that army doesn't allow solution of Kashmir dispute and then as a proof you quote Ayesha Sidiqa's book. I must say that you Indians have successfully hijacked the thread turning it into malicious propaganda campaign against the army.
Thousands of books are written on thousands of subjects but you obsession with Mlitary Inc doesn't leave me in any doubt what your motives are. First, i would ask you to answer the question i asked you. Why did Indian army sabotage Indo-Pak peace process by preventing an accord on Siachen ??? If any thing, go and check why your army is dominated by pro war hawks ??? Putting own house in order should be first priority.
We dont care what India will allow or not allow as Mr doobie 86 is trying to teach us through his repetitive post of similar nature.
What i also can say that your posts ( Indian members ) epitomizes the thinking of Indian government and masses alike and then you blame Pakistan for not making Peace ????

Last edited:
OK wise guy, book is open in front of me. I find references to what she has written. The references include Journal articles, news reports, government documents, interviews, electronic sources and books.

Does that make the book more substantiative for you?.

Which government documents have been quoted by the author. I don't think army is such reckless that its documents would fall in the hands of a book writer especially an anti army one.

Aysha Siddiqa has been on trips to London and India which were paid for by an Indian dude...

Awesome eh?

Which government documents have been quoted by the author. I don't think army is such reckless that its documents would fall in the hands of a book writer especially an anti army one.

Ejaz, he is talking about the documents that he "wished" were present in the book :cheesy:

Books are usually banned when the ruling people cannot digest the truth and which exposes them. This is what happened to Ayesha Siddiqa's book.

The book isnt banned and she also comes on different channels freely so dont do Indian propoganda here and Private Military Enterprises even as Dr.Umer pasted in article exists in many developed countries,and if u search more u will find that these PME's are for welfare of soldiers.

http://www.emarkaz.com/shop/store/emarkazBookDetail.php?product_id=5690

The book isnt banned and she also comes on different channels freely so dont do Indian propoganda here and Private Military Enterprises even as Dr.Umer pasted in article exists in many developed countries,and if u search more u will find that these PME's are for welfare of soldiers.

S90, primary source of that book are "interviews" conducted by Dr. Ayesha. There are about 100 of them and no one can verify those interviews. Her car has been spotted many times inside Indian consulate in Islamabad. Even there is a video on youtube showing her car parked inside their premises.

Book doesn't give any reference to "government documents". There is not even a copy of single one included. She keeps on claiming and alleging PA and for the proof there is an "interview". BS

If India was not at her back, she wouldn't had even find a "raddi wala" to take her book.

Books are usually banned when the ruling people cannot digest the truth and which exposes them. This is what happened to Ayesha Siddiqa's book.

LOL, this book is not banned, its avalible at every market I've been to. In fact they keep reprinting it now and then with new covers and all.:crazy:

Okay guys, lets get over Siddiqa. The book is not banned, she is entitled to have her opinion even if it means that she's bashing Pakista or selling her soul to the devil, its her choice.

Can we get back to the topic now please?

I won't call it the best solution... I prefer the independence option better.

Pakistan has a handful of separatist movements too. India and Pak have quelled massive uprisings in the past. Without a Pakistan backing any of those uprisings, they won't see the light of day.

Musharraf never really suggested that as a solution. That was a step forward towards a solution. Musharraf too, was a believer in the independence option.

The only serious uprisings in India after Kashmir are in the South and in the East. The Tamils are getting their butt kicked by the SL army. I don't think they stand a chance against IA. On the Eastern side, yes they have Bangladesh to contend with.

Again, with the absence of a threat from the west... India will have more freedom to flex its muscles.

So what is the Best Solution? Do what Kashmiris want.

Erm...there are no "uprisings" in the South. There never were any.

India will definitely not agree to an 'Independent' Kashmir - that will just turn into a landlocked extension of Pakistan.

Kashmir in any case is not viable as an Independent country - they're too tiny and will end up getting squashed between India, Pakistan and China.

Best scenario is when both parties leave the negotiation table unhappy, of course without any external fingering.

Okay guys, lets get over Siddiqa. The book is not banned, she is entitled to have her opinion even if it means that she's bashing Pakista or selling her soul to the devil, its her choice.

Can we get back to the topic now please?

Though I was preparing to rebuttal of the above posts, in the interests of not derailing the thread anymore with Ayesha Sadiqa's allegation of PA, I will not respond to this here. But, if pakistani posters are still interested to discuss this further, I suggest one of you open a new thread.

Kashmir in any case is not viable as an Independent country - they're too tiny and will end up getting squashed between India, Pakistan and China.

Yup, that is why you obviously prefer if its only India that gets to do all the 'squashing' it wants throught the status quo.

Mr Daredevil, i can see your not very subtle attempts at maligning the army of Pakistan. First you said that army doesn't allow solution of Kashmir dispute and then as a proof you quote Ayesha Sidiqa's book. I must say that you Indians have successfully hijacked the thread turning it into malicious propaganda campaign against the army.
Thousands of books are written on thousands of subjects but you obsession with Mlitary Inc doesn't leave me in any doubt what your motives are. First, i would ask you to answer the question i asked you. Why did Indian army sabotage Indo-Pak peace process by preventing an accord on Siachen ??? If any thing, go and check why your army is dominated by pro war hawks ??? Putting own house in order should be first priority.
We dont care what India will allow or not allow as Mr doobie 86 is trying to teach us through his repetitive post of similar nature.
What i also can say that your posts ( Indian members ) epitomize the thinking of Indian government and masses alike and then you blame Pakistan for not making Peace ????

Propaganda campaign..I don't really know if that fits here, I mean its an internet forum, kinda making it sound too sinister like don't you think? anyways. and please, call me doobie, no need for formalities.

Siachen..so your telling me that if Siachen was fair game, Pakistan would sit back and do nothing? (lol) do you realize the strategic importance of the Siachen glacier? Bro, China is already stronger than us and Pakistan is poses a considerable challenge, the last thing we need is for you guys to have a direct land route. Come on now, its only rational. India sabotaged the peace process, bro you remember Kargil? who sabotaged the peace process then?, you think Pakistan is some sort of angel?

my bad if my posts were repetitive, I think two different people said similar things so I ended up saying the same thing twice. But I believe my point is still valid, You have to take India's strategic concerns into consideration because if you don't than we're going to have to live with the status quo for another 60 years. and that doesn't mean we have to disregard all of Pakistan's concerns, its going to be a compromise so you have to care about what the other guy (both Ind and Pak) will or will not allow. simple.

I don't know if the PA has a vested interest in keeping the Kashmir conflict alive or not, what I do know is the conflict has gone on for long enough and we need to come up with some kind of solution, add another 25-30 years to that and you might see the mutual distrust vaporize.

and another thing I sincerely doubt anyone's personal opinion here reflects that of the government. If that was the case than according to batmannow you'd be indcuting 200,000 more troops, pulling out of FATA and waging a proxy war on the US.

Back
Top Bottom