What's new

Is it worth to study abroad?

Exactly, there's more fun than one can handle, which plays up a big part in screwing up grades of many desis, for whom, many things they can do here are new. Nearly 30-35 Indian grad students in CSE department will be expelled and deported back to India from our University because they failed to meet the grade standard set by the department, even though, my university is in semi urban set up.

And the kind of lifestyle i can have for under $600/pm, including my rent, foods and stuffs, will cost upward of $1000-1200 in cities like Chicago, NYC, etc.

For academic exposure, university plays much bigger role, and your interaction with professors in much academically enriching than spoiling yourself in a cheap/expensive bar, depending on your financial capabilities.

where do you live? Texas? $600 including rent, food and "stuffs'... (rent alone is $1800 where i live, nyc)

Study in Canada. Its 100% racism-free.

That is quite an optimistic outlook on human instinct. I don't think an imaginary line on a map can override centuries of xenophobic learned behavior.

You have a very well planned out budget to manage living with $600 per month. :D

Ha ha, i have come to study. I don't party much, most of the books are from library, and occasional pirated ebook download (shhhhh :D ).

where do you live? Texas? $600 including rent, food and "stuffs'... (rent alone is $1800 where i live, nyc)

Buffalo, New York.

I disagree with how studying in a small town could be more rewarding academically. Studying in a big city exposes you to so much more than a small town would.

Besides, there's more fun to be had in a large city.
@Skull and Bones is right

Exactly, there's more fun than one can handle, which plays up a big part in screwing up grades of many desis, for whom, many things they can do here are new. Nearly 30-35 Indian grad students in CSE department will be expelled and deported back to India from our University because they failed to meet the grade standard set by the department, even though, my university is in semi urban set up.

And the kind of lifestyle i can have for under $600/pm, including my rent, foods and stuffs, will cost upward of $1000-1200 in cities like Chicago, NYC, etc.

For academic exposure, university plays much bigger role, and your interaction with professors in much academically enriching than spoiling yourself in a cheap/expensive bar, depending on your financial capabilities.
i am also Studying in Small town and it costs me $800 per month. where are u living in USA sir ? :)

If you've got your head on your shoulders, and a clear goal in mind, nothing can faze you, and if you can afford to pay high rent, and shop at whole foods :), you should go right ahead and study in a large city. There will always be distractions, it's upto you to put them aside when the time comes, and get good grades consistently.

When I said a large city plays a large role in shaping who you are, and that it would give you great exposure, I wasn't talking about cheap/expensive bars, but about the tools you'd have at your disposal, living in a global metropolis i.e museums, art and culture, a more well turned out, worldly crowd, and so much more. In the end, it all depends upon the type of individual, and what they take from any situation they're put in. I'd choose NYC over say College Station or Bloomington hands down! :)

Skull and Bones is right

Why, just because you study in a small town too? :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! :)

from what i've heard is that they prefer a dumbass gora over a well deserving International student who worked hard, is it true?

That's not entirely true, but why would you want to work in a foreign country anyway? Get a good education, learn as much as you can, intern with the best, and then move back home wherein you can use the knowledge and experience you will have gained over the years.

Last edited:
That's not entirely true, but why would you want to work in a foreign country anyway? Get a good education, learn as much as you can, intern with the best, and then move back home, wherein you can use the knowledge and experience you'd have gained over the years.
I disagree, if i go abroad ill plan to settle there rather than coming back home. Main reason being money...

Ajjaa bhai amrikaa chalte hein!! the land of opportunities
Bhai ek baat toh tu sahi bola BC General ke liye kuch nahi rakha India me :hitwall:
Me toh Undergraduate course ki liye jane ki soch raha hu bhai or tu?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom