What's new

Is it worth to study abroad?

Go mate to USA it will give you great opportunity and life experience!

Study in a big city in the United States if possible. You won't regret it.

What about jobs, ultimately iam moving abroad for a better lifestyle and money

Getting a job entirely depends on you. If you are going to be another typical applicant then it will be hard for you to find a job anywhere. If you have credentials like knowing any of the popular languages( french, Spanish, German..) or stand out in some other way then getting a job will not be hard.

No, in my personal opinion, studying in small town is more rewarding academically and financially.

I disagree with how studying in a small town could be more rewarding academically. Studying in a big city exposes you to so much more than a small town would.

Besides, there's more fun to be had in a large city.

The lifestyle here will be a lot more difficult. Sure, the quality of life will increase. Also will your responsibilities. If you enjoy the IT program and have confidence you will excel in what you do. Go for it.

You'd have less stress if you're confident about your choice and will lead a successful future.

Choose what is best for you, what is your goal in life, to be researcher or to earn money?
Go to Usa you can do both.

I disagree with how studying in a small town could be more rewarding academically. Studying in a big city exposes you to so much more than a small town would.

Besides, there's more fun to be had in a large city.

Exactly, there's more fun than one can handle, which plays up a big part in screwing up grades of many desis, for whom, many things they can do here are new. Nearly 30-35 Indian grad students in CSE department will be expelled and deported back to India from our University because they failed to meet the grade standard set by the department, even though, my university is in semi urban set up.

And the kind of lifestyle i can have for under $600/pm, including my rent, foods and stuffs, will cost upward of $1000-1200 in cities like Chicago, NYC, etc.

For academic exposure, university plays much bigger role, and your interaction with professors in much academically enriching than spoiling yourself in a cheap/expensive bar, depending on your financial capabilities.

Wise words brother!

@$elf take notice of point two.
@$elf dont listen to these weirdos, stick to English speaking countries. You want to learn but at same time have good fun(without feeling homesick) and meet with lot of people. You are going to do undergrad studies and not PHD research. Networking and expanding your horizon is more important than learning or being a hermit.

Stick to USA or at least a English speaking country with some desi population.

Hi guys,

Iam in big dilemma these days as my undergraduate last few months are approaching Iam confused whether to go abroad for studies or stay in India. I want to do a IT oriented course, and i've my relatives living in US too who can help me, but the thing is shall i make that move?

Any India/**** desi community abroad, please guide me!!!!!

India or US?
Depends..Since you mentioned IT USA would be a good place if you can afford it...if you want to settle it would be USA or Canada...immigration laws are getting worse in UK...as for EU yes you may require the language...

Wise words brother!

@$elf take notice of point two.

You know it all to well dude. No matter how close at home, no one gives a crap overseas. One muse help one's own self.

@$elf dont listen to these weirdos, stick to English speaking countries. You want to learn but at same time have good fun(without feeling homesick) and meet with lot of people. You are going to do undergrad studies and not PHD research. Networking and expanding your horizon is more important than learning or being a hermit.

Stick to USA or at least a English speaking country with some desi population.

Watch your language.

It is worth Studying Abroad.

Look at it, every gay pervert on the street has at least a Bachelors Degree.

Iam in big dilemma these days as my undergraduate last few months are approaching Iam confused whether to go abroad for studies or stay in India. I want to do a IT oriented course, and i've my relatives living in US too who can help me, but the thing is shall i make that move?

What is going to set you apart from the hundreds if not thousands of people applying for the same job?

Its not all about going to the Europe, USA, or Canada. There are hundreds of great universities that are worth the move. Look into Turkey, Scandinavian, Egypt/ South Africa, Malaysia, Korea and Japan.

Remember if you come here to America, your going to pay the International Student Tuition, but i'm sure there are hundreds of Indian Organizations that will offer you Scholarships or Grants.

Here are some websites for International Students coming to the US.
Study in the USA Guide for International Students
International Students - Your Guide for Information about Colleges and Universities in the USA
Study in the U.S. | USA.gov

Exactly, there's more fun than one can handle, which plays up a big part in screwing up grades of many desis, for whom, many things they can do here are new. Nearly 30-35 Indian grad students in CSE department will be expelled and deported back to India from our University because they failed to meet the grade standard set by the department, even though, my university is in semi urban set up.

And the kind of lifestyle i can have for under $600/pm, including my rent, foods and stuffs, will cost upward of $1000-1200 in cities like Chicago, NYC, etc.

For academic exposure, university plays much bigger role, and your interaction with professors in much academically enriching than spoiling yourself in a cheap/expensive bar, depending on your financial capabilities.

You have a very well planned out budget to manage living with $600 per month. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom