What's new

Is it Taj Mahal or Tejomahalay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam27

Reaction score
Hey folks found an interesting article about Taj Mahal.
However, cannot back the source as it may not be credible to lot of you out there but its worth a look.

In his book Taj Mahal: The True Story, P.N.Oak says the Taj Mahal is not Queen Mumtaz Mahal's tomb but an ancient Hindu temple palace of Lord Shiva (then known as Tejo Mahalaya). In the course of his research, Oak discovered that Shiva temple palace was usurped by Shah Jahan from then Maharaja of Jaipur, Jai Singh.

Oak's inquiries begin with the name Taj Mahal…. He says this term does not occur in any Moghul court papers or chronicles, even after Shah Jahan's time. The term "Mahal" has never been used for a building in any of the Muslim countries, from Afghanistan to Algeria. "The unusual explanation that the term Taj Mahal derives from Mumtaz Mahal is illogical in at least two respects.

Firstly, her name was never Mumtaz Mahal but Mumtaz-ul-Zamani, he writes. "Secondly, one cannot omit the first three letters 'Mum' from a woman's name to derive the remainder as the name for the building." Taj Mahal, he claims, is a corrupt version of Tejo-Mahalaya, or the Shiva's Palace. ..Oak also says the love story of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan is a fairy tale created by court sycophants, blundering historians and sloppy archaeologists. Not a single royal chronicle of Shah Jahan's time corroborates the love story.

Furthermore, Oak cites several documents suggesting the Taj Mahal predates Shah Jahan's era, and was a temple palace dedicated to Shiva worshipped by the Rajputs of Agra city. For example, Professor Marvin Miller of New York took a few samples from the riverside doorway of the Taj. Carbon dating tests revealed that the door was 300 years older than Shah Jahan. European traveler Johan Al! Bert Man delslo, who visited
Agra in 1638 (only seven years after Mumtaz's death), describes the life of the city in his memoirs. But he makes no reference to the Taj Mahal being built. The writings of Peter Mundy, an English visitor to Agra within a year of Mumtaz's death, also suggest the Taj was a noteworthy building long well before Shah Jahan's time.

Oak points out a number of design and architectural inconsistencies that support the belief of the Taj Mahal being a typical Hindu temple rather than a mausoleum…. Many rooms in the Taj Mahal have remained sealed since Shah Jahan's time, and are still not accessible to the public. Oak asserts they contain a headless statue of Shiva and other objects commonly used for worship rituals in Hindu temples. Fearing political backlash, Indira Gandhi's government tried to have Oak's book withdrawn from the bookstores, and threatened the Indian publisher of the first edition with dire consequences.
Please go to the link to see some images and more facts.

Taj Mahal: Was it a Vedic Temple?

Taj Mahal - ??? Veda

images

images

http://bp0.blogger.com/_g54sBBcgH-k/Rjhww47vs_I/AAAAAAAAABY/U5kr0802CUE/s400/IT-07.jpg

It is still a Mystery, The Indian Archeological Survey had once said It Has an Influence over Hindu Monuments, But before taking such a sensitive Decision, It has gone for International Assistance To Confirm Its report Of "Tejo Mahalya"

This crackpot's assertions that Taj Mahal is/was a Hindu temple, be renamed to a Hindu name and to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj was already dismissed by the Supreme court - judges who are far more intellectually superior than this lunatic and anyone who believes in his theories.

He is a writer for pete's sake, not a historian or an archaeologist! I don't know why would people even read his absurd rants.

Some of his brilliant theories!
1) Taj Mahal is a hindu temple

2) Pope was actually a "Vedic Priest" before Constantine killed him and changed the system.

3) Islam and Christianity are derivatives of Hinduism

And his best theory to date!
4) the holy Kaaba is a Hindu temple belonging to Shiva!

PS: guys don't turn this into a religious debate where eventually there would be mudslinging on each other's religion. Lets just keep the ridicule on Mr.Oak for now ;)

Last edited:
Please dont post asinine articles and reduce yourself to the object of derision by all members of this forum , Indians included. Ask the mod to delete this right away, for your own sake.

Can any of it be really believable?
This crack-pot "historian" had expounded his theories in the 1960s and has already been debunked. Actually the man is history- probably not even alive now.

If he is a credible historian, then i am Einstein.

Hey folks found an interesting article about Taj Mahal.
However, cannot back the source as it may not be credible to lot of you out there but its worth a look.

In his book Taj Mahal: The True Story, P.N.Oak says the Taj Mahal is not Queen Mumtaz Mahal's tomb but an ancient Hindu temple palace of Lord Shiva (then known as Tejo Mahalaya). In the course of his research, Oak discovered that Shiva temple palace was usurped by Shah Jahan from then Maharaja of Jaipur, Jai Singh.

Oak's inquiries begin with the name Taj Mahal…. He says this term does not occur in any Moghul court papers or chronicles, even after Shah Jahan's time. The term "Mahal" has never been used for a building in any of the Muslim countries, from Afghanistan to Algeria. "The unusual explanation that the term Taj Mahal derives from Mumtaz Mahal is illogical in at least two respects.

Firstly, her name was never Mumtaz Mahal but Mumtaz-ul-Zamani, he writes. "Secondly, one cannot omit the first three letters 'Mum' from a woman's name to derive the remainder as the name for the building." Taj Mahal, he claims, is a corrupt version of Tejo-Mahalaya, or the Shiva's Palace. ..Oak also says the love story of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan is a fairy tale created by court sycophants, blundering historians and sloppy archaeologists. Not a single royal chronicle of Shah Jahan's time corroborates the love story.

Furthermore, Oak cites several documents suggesting the Taj Mahal predates Shah Jahan's era, and was a temple palace dedicated to Shiva worshipped by the Rajputs of Agra city. For example, Professor Marvin Miller of New York took a few samples from the riverside doorway of the Taj. Carbon dating tests revealed that the door was 300 years older than Shah Jahan. European traveler Johan Al! Bert Man delslo, who visited
Agra in 1638 (only seven years after Mumtaz's death), describes the life of the city in his memoirs. But he makes no reference to the Taj Mahal being built. The writings of Peter Mundy, an English visitor to Agra within a year of Mumtaz's death, also suggest the Taj was a noteworthy building long well before Shah Jahan's time.

Taj Mahal: Was it a Vedic Temple?

Taj Mahal - ??? Veda

Stuff and nonsense .

Idle minds see shadows where none exist. The Taj was made by Emperor Shah Jahan and the rest is history.

taj mehal likes are spread all over agra in the shape of mughal kings tombs

This crackpot's assertions that Taj Mahal is/was a Hindu temple, be renamed to a Hindu name and to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj was already dismissed by the Supreme court - judges who are far more intellectually superior than this lunatic and anyone who believes in his theories.

He is a writer for pete's sake, not a historian or an archaeologist! I don't know why would people even read his absurd rants.

Some of his brilliant theories!
1) Taj Mahal is a hindu temple

2) Pope was actually a "Vedic Priest" before Constantine killed and changed the system.

3) Islam and Christianity are derivatives of Hinduism

PS: guys don't turn this into a religious debate where eventually there would be mudslinging on each other's religion. Lets just keep the ridicule on Mr.Oak for now ;)

Classic !

I think Minar e Pakistan is also some devi's temple:rofl:

Its really embarrassing that I get to read these bs conspiracies. I once read about Bhutto inviting scientists to research about 'jinie' and extracting energy out of it. This theory Tejomahalay is equally stupid.:tdown:

OMG yes! One of my room mates once argued with me that there is shiv ling inside kabbala and every muslim knows it but they won't accept! I didn't have any answer for him.

Can any of it be really believable?
This crack-pot "historian" had expounded his theories in the 1960s and has already been debunked. Actually the man is history- probably not even alive now.

If he is a credible historian, then i am Einstein.

Can you post the debunked arguments, if had any?

OMG yes! One of my room mates once argued with me that there is shiv ling inside kabbala and every muslim knows it but they won't accept! I didn't have any answer for him.

Dude you should have told him that Muslims don't believe in that. Kaaba was built by the Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom