What's new

Is it haram to use nukes?

A nuke does not discriminate between men and women, children and the old..
It does not spare any life.. human or otherwise.. except perhaps cockroaches.

Its haram in my dictionary.

Say, is there no concept of war in Islam?

Because what you are actually saying makes me think that it is less about war and more about punishing the select ones.

I hope you understand I am not trying to discuss religion here - just curious.

Because what you are actually saying makes me think that it is less about war and more about punishing the select ones.

There are rules on how to fight in every religion even in the Vedas it tells how to conduct battle

Tactical nukes wud be ok to use solely on military installations...tht wudn be haram I guess

Let alone using nukes...........having it is also haram.

When your enemy has chosen to dictate the terms.. you have no choice but to comply.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

There is a concept of war.. and ethics to go with it.

It involves killing civillians and innocent children, trees and animals - all of which are haram. So why are we increasing our stockpile and investing in ICBMs? I understand we can use it to showoff, but we dont actually need to build them, we can just lie that we have all that :azn:

well technically YES !!

Nukes are not God given. Humans have created them so they are responsible for the consequences not God.

In the name of self defense it can be completely considered legitimate to use.

just food for thought

Tanks Missiles Grenades FlameWeapons ClusterBombs FuelBombs
Fighter and Bomber Aircrafts Cannons Mortars Landmines and pretty much any weapon u can name does damage to the following

Innocent Humans
Children
Trees
Animals

Sure Nuke is extremely large scale but neither of the above mentioned spares anything

Hell in just the last 50 Years more people died to Guns / Tanks / Bombers than they did with the Nuke to Hiroshima

What about the enviromental damage it could ruin people's lifes

I am not an Islamic scholar so cant really tell you about it but here are the Islamic rules of engagement wid the enemy during war

1. Peace to all of humanity.
2. Never attack a people that have not wronged you.
3. If you are attacked, fight with bravery, fight with tooth and nail, fight to win, and never give up.
4. Do not kill women
5. Do not kill children
6. Do not kill the elderly

7. Do not kill any monk of any religion, that devotes their entire life to the service of their religion in a church, temple, etc.
8. Do not burn people, homes, or trees.
9. Do not kill the animals of the land.
10. Do not burn or mutilate dead bodies.
11. Rape is forbidden at ALL times, even in war. All Muslim men are commanded by Allah to only have sex with their wife. No premarital sex, or sex out of wedlock.
12. Do not kill another Muslim ever! No “friendly fire.”
13. Be kind to enemy Prisoners of War. Give them an immediate execution or choose to free them. While in custody, do not torture them or mistreat them. Offer them cold, clean water.
14. If the enemy surrenders, immediately create peace.
15. If the enemy become Muslim, immediately create peace.
16. Do not surrender.
17. The only time you are permitted to lie is at times of open war to save your life.It is more honorable to tell the truth, but if you fear death so much that a lie will save you, you will not be counted as a liar.

So I get it, launching a weapon of mass destruction on a civilian population is unethical in Islam, right?

Yes.. lets put it this way.. it may not be haram to build a nuke and keep it if your perceived threat also has one.
Since in Islam you allowed to exact revenge on equal terms..
However.. the concept of nukes, the utter and complete destruction they bring.. not just to the people who are effected by it.. but to those that will come hundreds of years after them.. is unethical when it comes to my understanding of Islam..moreover.. as a Human I find them unethical.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

just food for thought

Tanks Missiles Grenades FlameWeapons ClusterBombs FuelBombs
Fighter and Bomber Aircrafts Cannons Mortars Landmines and pretty much any weapon u can name does damage to the following

Innocent Humans
Children
Trees
Animals

Sure Nuke is extremely large scale but neither of the above mentioned spares anything

Hell in just the last 50 Years more people died to Guns / Tanks / Bombers than they did with the Nuke to Hiroshima

were nukes used with the same frequency as the above mentioned weapons.. your opinion of them would have been different.

dear Pakistan is not going to use this weapon thats 4 sur.e no one wanna to use even Soviet Union didn't use it. But look on the other side of d coin It can be used to stop any war before it starts. A weapon of mass destruction can be used to bring peace because no one wanna to die like that.

V have seen the example of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. R.I.P for fallen

If it is collateral damage (damage to any non-combatant living thing) that is an issue from a religious perspective, then we can't really use most modern weapons, especially anything that utilizes explosives.

The best means of fighting wars would probably be a return to swords, spears, bows and arrows ...

Now try convincing everyone in the world to agree to switch to the above simultaneously ....

If it is collateral damage (damage to any non-combatant living thing) that is an issue from a religious perspective, then we can't really use most modern weapons, especially anything that utilizes explosives.

The best means of fighting wars would probably be a return to swords, spears, bows and arrows ...

Now try convincing everyone in the world to agree to switch to the above simultaneously ....

And the question then comes down to the lesser of evils..
Mankind will always find more and more efficient ways of killing each other..
All one can do is to try and oppose that process .

I dont mind killing we humans. But killing dogs n cats n cows n goats n bird is big NO.

Back
Top Bottom