What's new

Is India's soft power effective?

India is waiting for unsc seat.........till then soft power zindabad

Don't recognize soft power for no meaning. Maybe software power India really has.
Military action is the only way to show power of a nation with substantial effect.

I would not say so that military power of a nation is the only way to show power.

I think SunTsu is correct when he wrote;

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." - Sun Tzu

Take China.

With her Peaceful Rise policy, she disarmed all and at the same time went to become an economic and military powerhouse.

It is now ever since the Japanese island spat (military action in a manner of speaking), everyone has got worried and China is being looked with suspicions and the US is winning allies once again!!

it's all depends what you want to do with that power? i would rather follow the example of post WWII japan & germany!! economy, economy & more economy.. this would fulfill all your requirements. everything comes with this power.. stability, security, image & the rest!!

YES indeed soft power works.... don't you see now days pakistan media and people are thinking how to ban INDIAN channels...

well...world over i have seen people has accepted India's image as soft and not at all danger in any sense.

recently i meet a guy from germany and he was shocked when i said we have 2nd largest armed forces and a nuclear state.
He see India as historical places and Taj mahal and bollywood , traffic jam ...and horn...

agreed....but what if the adversary is arrogant, really arrogant.....like pak or china?? i'm not saying that india should be war mongering but show of strength and real time military warnings are becoming quiet necessary

LOL!

If you are not arrogant why do you have to worry about others’ "arrogance"? Your words reflect precise the very fact that India is the most arrogant nation.

Soft power is not coming out from war-mongering slogan such as who is your number one enemy. To the contrary, that single statement coming out from the big-mouth of your politicians will precisely devastate India’s soft power, enormously.

We never see US government say China is US number one enemy; we never see Chinese government say US is China’s number one enemy. We only see soft-powerless Indian say China is India enemy number one, which further corroborates that India doesn’t have much soft-power.

In fact, in addition to your big mouths, such as 5-year Mumbai taking over Shanghai type of sh!t from your PM, etc. that degrade your soft power, your vast starvation, poverty and illiteracy all have a really negative impact to your soft power, and in a much devastating way than you military buildup can repair it…

BTW, I admire Indian wiseman Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri Hony. Dean, Centre For Economic Research and Advanced Studies, IIPM. If GoI can manage to raise more people of his type and exterminate more of your type (by starvation for instance), India would be a really formidable country. Believe me.

agreed....but what if the adversary is arrogant, really arrogant.....like pak or china?? i'm not saying that india should be war mongering but show of strength and real time military warnings are becoming quiet necessary

What you are saying is if we dont agree with you in certain issue you gonna threaten us with millitary action? LOL

LOL!

If you are not arrogant why do you have to worry about others’ "arrogance"? Your words reflect precise the very fact that India is the most arrogant nation.

Soft power is not coming out from war-mongering slogan such as who is your number one enemy. To the contrary, that single statement coming out from the big-mouth of your politicians will precisely devastate India’s soft power, enormously.

We never see US government say China is US number one enemy; we never see Chinese government say US is China’s number one enemy. We only see soft-powerless Indian say China is India enemy number one, which further corroborates that India doesn’t have much soft-power.

In fact, in addition to your big mouths, such as 5-year Mumbai taking over Shanghai type of sh!t from your PM, etc. that degrade your soft power, your vast starvation, poverty and illiteracy all have a really negative impact to your soft power, and in a much devastating way than you military buildup can repair it…

BTW, I admire Indian wiseman Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri Hony. Dean, Centre For Economic Research and Advanced Studies, IIPM. If GoI can manage to raise more people of his type and exterminate more of your type (by starvation for instance), India would be a really formidable country. Believe me.

with statement like that indians not only believe they are world economy superpower they believe they are millitary super power too LOL

I would not say so that military power of a nation is the only way to show power.

I think SunTsu is correct when he wrote;

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." - Sun Tzu

Take China.

With her Peaceful Rise policy, she disarmed all and at the same time went to become an economic and military powerhouse.

It is now ever since the Japanese island spat (military action in a manner of speaking), everyone has got worried and China is being looked with suspicions and the US is winning allies once again!!

Frankly, I think Chinese “peaceful rise’ policy is flawed, especially in the presence of hostile or otherwise not-so-friendly foreign forces, such as India who thinks China is its number one enemy.

History already shows that when Mr. Nehru sold China Panchsheel, and China bought it, Nehru thought he could forward into China in a Panchsheel way.

That’s the tragedy of waving a banner of peace, that the evils may utilize that to attack you, and when got a hit back, whining:”is that your peaceful rise?” or “Aren’t we in Panchsheel? You backstabbed us!”

When sheep want peace, wolves wouldn’t let the chance go.

LOL!

You are right till you reached the last paragraph. Arindam Chauduri is a fake guy with fake MBA colleges.( I dare to think beyond IIPM ??)

india's soft power is effective most of the time but the problem is india do not act tough when required or when there is necessity to act tough. soft approach to a situation can win laurels but sometime it led to embarrassment of common Indians who think their govts are impotent. they can't act tough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom