What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have has hydrbadi biryani a couple of times, disappointed everytime >.> It's an insult to ALL biryanis (atleast the hyd biryani you get in Dubai)

I have to agree with you. And am talking about the biryani you get in Hyderabad proper.

I've had both types. Infact, comparing the two and figuring out which one is better is extremely hard.

Do Pakistan have any other variety of Biryani apart from spiceless Delhi-Lucknavi Biryani or spicy Hyderabadi Biryani like there is something called Peshawari Naan.
Try Sindhi biryani - one of the best inn the world
And there's also the biryani you get in shadis in karachi but i dont what it's called.
And there's pulao biryani - also pretty nice (but sindhi is better)

Just go to any supermarket and check the masala range by Shan they have like a million variety. There's also mehran and some more, but not as widely available abroad

Have has hydrbadi biryani a couple of times, disappointed everytime >.> It's an insult to ALL biryanis (atleast the hyd biryani you get in Dubai)

Because authentic hyderabadi biryani is available in Hyderabad only and authentic tunde kabab and kakori kabab are available in Lucknow only. :smitten:

Because authentic hyderabadi biryani is available in Hyderabad only and authentic tunde kabab and kakori kabab are available in Lucknow only. :smitten:

if any of you eat ISKENDER KEBAB then you will have your no.1 choice ever , if et from a good Restaurant then its no.1 choice

93_iskender_kebab.jpg

DSC_1612.jpg

BAKLAVA BEST DESERT IN THE WORLD

baklava.jpg

baklava-recipe-21441414.jpg
Too bad ALL turkish restaurants here are only like 50+ USD per person, and you wont even feel full at the end. So we can only eat them ocasionaly. TURKS, Y U SO EXPENSIVE?

I remember in Karachi me and my friends went out to try lamb brain... i have to say i almost threw up... Oh well..

Btw we have also tried Lahori nihari... best in the world actually...
Many types of maghaz.kata katt are popular in Khi, but never heard of lamb

I have to agree with you. And am talking about the biryani you get in Hyderabad proper.
My mom was going on and on about how good it is, and when it finally came UFFFFFFFFF.
I guess hydrabi origin Karachiites make it good in karachi as well

You'd be surprised, most of the places that serve hydrabadi buiryani are owned by malbaris. Actually here in dubai, indian is synonymous with malbari 99.99% of the time.

Who has tried Ojree (Lamb Stomach)? :cheesy:
No man, just no.
My mom once tricked me into eating buttein and i almost puked. BTW, ojree is think is intenstine, and buttt is stomach.
And lamb is hardly eaten any where in pakistani, i think you're talking about mutton or beef?

not as long as those are beef dishes, those are pakistani :D

Anyone here been to Lyari restaurant in deira?
Honestly one of the best biryanis in Dubai, and probably the whole UAE (and one of the oldest too)

and indians do you know a restaurant called Asharafi near Airport terminal one?

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3054836 said:
not as long as those are beef dishes, those are pakistani :D
You like beef zubaan and dumb?

You'd be surprised, most of the places that serve hydrabadi buiryani are owned by malbaris. Actually here in dubai, indian is synonymous with malbari 99.99% of the time.

Now I understood, otherwise you were the first person in my life who never liked Hyderabadi Biryani.

There is food Chain known as "Hyderabad House" with Charminar as logo owned by Hyderabadis, you can try Biryani there, its available outside India in some cities. Its pretty good but I have eaten more tasty Hyderabadi Biryani in Hyderabad city.

How about Hyderabadi community in Karachi.

ya really we ordered for pulaav in sawat and he brought kishmish pulaooo...........hahahaha it was tasty.....

faiz muhammad faiz yahan kiya kar raha he :wave:

aray haan i forgot sindhi biryani :smitten:

off course uuuuu:rofl:

Pakistani food is as good as Indian food....but you can never beat Indian food as Indian food has variety...Pkaistan has its best sidhes in Non veg and is similar to the food of North India...although there is still a lot difference..but apart from that, Pakistan has nothing special to match Indian food. Its easier to convince people if they have explored almost whole of India....each state has its onw different food..own differnt spices and own different dishes. South Indian states has their own world class flavours..North Indian food has its onw specialty...Bengali food is equally yummy, and they have their own style...if you go to the far east you get totally diferent food...Goan and other states from western ghats have different style of food.
Now after al this....it should be added that Indian food also consist of thousands of veg dishes from all over India. Now that should not leave anyone thinking that we eat less meat.

ya really we ordered for pulaav in sawat and he brought kishmish pulaooo...........hahahaha it was tasty.....

faiz muhammad faiz yahan kiya kar raha he :wave:

aray haan i forgot sindhi biryani :smitten:

off course uuuuu:rofl:

Ever heard of anardaana(pomegrenate) pulav. I have eaten anardaana pulav also.

That explains from where you inherited china bashing qualities !!! :rofl: (just kidding..) :D

I love Indian food. I can munch on nan bread all day. My mother is 1/4 Indian from her mother's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom