What's new

Is India tearing itself apart?

A large and powerful state like Indianwith an overwhelming presence and stature is always a source of anxiety to its smaller neighbors,a state of affairs present elsewhere too.This feeling of being overwhelmed is more acute when the neighboring states harbor significant identity crisis,weak or still evolving political institutions,not to mention developing economies.

Invariably most of these countries host elements who will play up this Indian factor for their domestic audience,the islamist groups in PAK and Bangladesh,JVP in SL etc..........

They have to do what they have to do..

What a funny analysis. I wonder why any other country dont feel 'anxiety' from china, answer is simply, china dsnt have shitty motives to expand her borders unlike india always day dreaming of 'Akhand Bharat'.

I did a casual google search on it , found results from GEO TV , LI Islamic forum and Indian Express and thats about it. I'll quote the Indian express one.

Assam: Fresh immigrant clashes claim three more lives

Guwahati, October 6: Tribal people armed with guns and bows and arrows raided a village in troubled Assam, killing three villagers in the latest clashes with Bangladeshi settlers, police said on Monday.

At least 36 people had lost their lives and thousands left homeless in violence that started over the weekend between indigenous Bodo tribes and Bangladeshi settlers. At least 12 people were killed by police firing.

More than 1,000 federal police have been deployed in the northeast state, but the state Government says it still needs more forces to contain the violence.

The clash has reignited a long-simmering conflict as local Assam tribes, mainly Hindu but with some Christians, fear being overrun by Muslim immigrants. More than 40 per cent of Assam is now Muslim, mainly immigrant settlers.

Violance against Immigrants of Bangladesh it says and security has been shifted there to put an end to it.

Hardly any international or non-partial news agency has reported it , obviously means it was a domestic issue and not very well covered. How do sporadic communal clashes mean a state has failed.

Court doubles affirmative action in India's colleges

India's supreme court yesterday gave the go-ahead for almost half of places at state-funded universities and colleges to be reserved for students from lower-caste and other disadvantaged backgrounds.

In extending the world's largest and oldest affirmative action system, the court ruled that higher education institutions had to more than double the quota of places for indigenous peoples and dalits, or untouchables, at the bottom of the Hindu caste hierarchy. At present the law maintains that 22.5% of all places are guaranteed for such students.

The issue is an explosive one. When the government introduced the proposal two years ago it led to a week of street clashes between high-caste students and police.

The system of "reservations" is one of modern-day India's defining institutions and was enshrined in the 1950 constitution in an attempt to erase inequalities fostered by the centuries-old caste system.

The government wants to extend the scheme to secure university places for the "backward" sections of society, who make up 27% of India's billion people.

The court ruling on the programme - supported by all the major political parties - threatens to reopen a bitter debate over whether equality or merit is more important in 21st-century India.

"For the wealthy they can simply buy their children seats at the top colleges. They have 100% quotas for the rich in private institutions," said Anoop Saraya, a senior medic at Delhi's prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences.

Many upper-caste Hindus argue that the "backward classes" have made such gains that most quotas should now be based on economic need rather than caste.

Guardian.co.uk

Thats the problem with you, you cannot worry about your own problems while you take interest in others. Whatever is happening in Pakistan- worst is happening in India with 40 % of land mass under rebels. India is a failed fascist state by any world standard. Ive done my research over that, you do yours.

And kindly refrain from personal insults, ill get you banned othervise. You dont need to show your level here.

what exactly are you doing right now?? cant we have a few level headed people thinking of our problems in Pak than peep into India's problems?? they ll suffer thier consequences and do not need our support.

As of now cant we just look at our failing economy? Its so hard to send a few bucks back home.

What a funny analysis. I wonder why any other country dont feel 'anxiety' from china, answer is simply, china dsnt have shitty motives to expand her borders unlike india always day dreaming of 'Akhand Bharat'.

China too has issues with India,japan,South Korea and south east Asian states,but then those are her neighbors.

On the contrary its our neighbors who are claiming Indian territory.India gave the Island of Kachchativu was given by India to SL,coco island to Burma.

Kindly go and visit the website about dalits which is mentioned in above article, they manage and run it and will tell you a true picture of what is happening with them in your 'country'.

And PeaceForAll - i can only laugh over you if you believe in such lists issed by world bank, UNO etc. And moreoever, we arent making any comparison with any other country over here. Starting some comparison is a most stupid thing.

? Ill advice you to read economics and learn what are the indicators of a successful state.

Can you please state if BD is more successful than India in terms of economy without showing fear or favor or even hatred?? please be honest and try.

Please remeber I am not supporting India in its all entirety here. All I am saying is they have same set of problems as we have in Pak and they have done much better so far. But Pak is still the land of blessed. We have blossomed in spite of such erratic times.

I just hope some sort of level headedness prevails and we get back and compete with India in terms of economy and then surpass it.

Insha allah..

khanz, there are plenty of forum threads devoted to Pakitan's problems. if you don't have anything constructive to add, just keep mum.

Bhaarat is going down, and it will shatter and break into pieces, mark my words. Not today, not tomorrow but in the forseeable future.

In the end, this break up would be a good thing, which each state being able to wrestle with its own problems and find solutions at their level.

Bhaarat was never meant to be a single country, and this federation which has been imposed by foreigners is doomed to fail.

You cannot run away from your history, this country can never be united.

Ashoka of the Mauryans tried, and managed only to keep the highways clear for trade, he couldn't rule the countryside. He was so exasperated with the rebelling nature of the Bhaarat population that he foresook his conquests, appalled at the bloodshed that he had to carry out with such disappointing results, and subsequently converted to Buddhism.

The Mughal's tried and failed, creating a vicious cycle of debt and taxation, to feed the ever growing numbers of taluqdars and zemindars. A self prepetuating elite of Nawabs, maharajas, maha ranas, amirs who bled the country dry. This had to be done to appease them due to the rebellious nature of the people and the vast distances from the center, but ended up weakening their rule.

The British tried and failed miserably, running back with the tails in their legs, leaving a population that was destitute, and prone to massacring each other.

Even the Maha Bhaarat of yore only existed in a small part of the doab region (between the holy rivers of ganga and jamuna). There was never a big, great old country called Bhaarat, as the affix of Maha suggests.

So please give up this fool's gold of an idea of a great ancient nation. The differences in culture, clothes, food, language, customs, gods, traditions castes, are too vast and are actually an explosive cocktail if mixed. Handle with care, some might advise.

One must look only at the state of maharashtra and the xenophobia recently expressed their by raj thakeray and his navnirman sena. Bollywood stalwarts such as Amitabh and Jaya Bachhan are reduced to grovelling and apologising for daring to speak Hindi at a hindi film muhurat, in Bombay, Maharasthr.

The experiment of a united Bhaarat, whenever tried, has failed miserably.

The Nehruvian/Gandhian/Mountbattenian experiment is doomed to fail too.

Dig Vijaya

its amazing, but most people who talk about india falling apart are

1) Pakistanis

2) Bangladeshis

3) Maoists, Kashmiris and others who hate India.

The rest of the free world, including the US, EU, Russia and even China see India as a rising power, not a failed state.

The problems that you point out in india have been there for a long time. they havent split us apaart then, and now with indian nationalism rising with economy and india's world status, the magnitude of these problems are decreasing.

all nations fall apart some time or the other, as history has proven. even the might roman empire crumpled after a 1000 years, and the 'eternal city' itself burned. in the future india might split apart. i just don't think it'll be anytime during our lifetime.

so for all wishing india to fall apart, maybe your prayers will be heeded, and your grandchildren or great grandchildren may be alive to see india fall apart.

till then, Jai Hind!

Last edited:
The weakest part of India is its chicken neck. Even in a limited war with India if Bangladesh can disrupt communications with India's North East then your countries in a sh*t load of trouble. There are 140 Muslims in Bangladesh how long do you think you can keep this population subdued during a war. Hell America cannot keep Afghanistan with its 20 million people quite even with superior fire power. What the world does not need is an arrogant and expansionist India. A simple equation.

You seem adamant in your assumption that Indian soldiers will occupy bangladesh like USA occupies Afghanistan. If Indian soldiers do not enter Bangladesh, how will Bangladeshis fight back?

Bangladesh does not have the resources to launch an offensive into India. I we station 400 000 soldiers in the northeast, and call up reserves, we'll have enough soldiers to guard over communication network. add to that a few artillery brigades and armoured divsions + a few hundred fighters and helicopters, and its enough to decimate the Bangladeshi army. Hell, our air force can keep bombing bangladeshi army personnel artillery, armour, military installments and communication centres, crippling bangladeshi army. if IAF starts bombing power grids, silos and dams in bangladesh, living conditions in bangladesh will be of 19th century standard. you wont even be able to login to the internet to bash india. bangladesh has no credible deterrent against the IAF.

the real threat bangladesh poses to india is if the whole poulation of bangladesh tries to storm into india at once. then, india will be in a lot of trouble.

SA - I = P

SA stands for South Asia. I for India and P is peace.

SA + C = Pr

C here stands for China and Pr means prosperity. India does not offer SA prosperity but conflict and instability.

Ok, using your same key + a few of my own:

i) SA - B = I + P

ii) SA - I = B - Pr

iii) SA + C = Pr

iv) (I - AB) + (B - MBI) = S(I + B) = Pr + P

where B stands for Bangladesh, AB for anti-bangladeshis, and S for solution. MBI stands for Mr.MBI munshi and people with similar attitudes and agendas.

i) If Bangladesh is gone, there will be peace in india's northeast, since those bloody Maoists wont have a place to run to, and will lose support and funds, and be crushed.

ii) If India is gone, Bangladesh will have a real hard time. Remember, despite animosity, India is a major trading partner for Bangladesh, and a lot of Bangladeshis work in India, legally or illegally.

iii) I agree with you on this one. Trade with China can bring prosperity. Sino-Indian trade is increasing at a rapid pace, and its benefiting both countries. Trade with china also helps bangladesh and Pak.

iv) The last one shows that if people like Mr. Munshi who advocate hate are removed from strategic thinking process, and from bangladeshi politics and anti-bangladeshi politicians are removed from indian politics, collaboration between india and bangladesh will result in a solution to our problems, and will result in better peace and prosperity for both.

As for the BSF soldiers that intruded into Bangladesh they were not killed in custody. They were killed in a straight fight. I do agree that BDR have been killed but always at a distance and unprovoked. In other words, the Indians behaved like cowards shooting their victims in the backs.

Come on Mr. Munshi, just listen to yourself. Your posts are not based on reason. Your already minimal credibility is eroding faster than top soil in monsoon.

so everytime a BDR soldiers kill BSF soldiers its bravery and close combat, but when BSF soldiers kills BDR soldiers, its cowardice and attacking from distance and shooting in their backs? Why cant you just accept that BDR soldiers also get killed in head on head gunfights? its not like BDR uses state of the art equipment and are trained to the level of US rangers.

Ok, here's a question i wanted to ask you for some time now. Do you even want india and bangladesh to get along well and be friends? Would you rather if india and bangladesh become close allies or if india ceases to exist?

Alright dude take a break when i decide i shall i quote on wat and when i want dont be a pain in the A$$ and no one is making fun of your name boss just like u were having fun with me i was having fun with u i dont think there was anything logical for me to respond to in that manner and trust me there is never a sign of desperation here anyhow good day! :tdown:

TOPGUN, calm down and relax. Maybe I wasn't clear with my intentions. The reason why I have asked this is because you have hailed MBI's post like you agree and support some if not all of his post.

Now, there is nothing wrong with hailing another members post which you agree with, infact that is quite brave and admirable. I am only interested in which parts of MBI's post that you support and hail so much. Obviously, his post must have impressed you very much.

If you hail for no specific reason, that's OK too, empty cheerleading is nothing to be ashamed off. :)

You seem adamant in your assumption that Indian soldiers will occupy bangladesh like USA occupies Afghanistan. If Indian soldiers do not enter Bangladesh, how will Bangladeshis fight back?

Ok, here's a question i wanted to ask you for some time now. Do you even want india and bangladesh to get along well and be friends? Would you rather if india and bangladesh become close allies or if india ceases to exist?

Dear SU
Unlike USA or other European countries ,The problem is that India is surrounded with a neighborhood of failed or struggling nations .Societies which are yet to adapt to the modern and tolerant state of coexistence between various ideologies .Pakistan , Sri lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal .. China by the virtue of its autocratic system have suppressed every voice which is different from its core agenda of one party one ideology .
So accpeting them to understand the democracy and freedom of individuals is impossible

Bhutan is one exception and have done a commendable job in shifting its society with modern world .

There are few in these struggling states who wants to reform and develop a new society and concept of nationhood , but there are many who wants to find solace in jealousy from their social and national misery .
They sit and write articles full with bitterness and pessimism .
from Moin Ansari to MBI Munsi you can only smile at them .

Logic note,

I have one question, how is China exactly a "failed" or "struggling nation"?.

Bhaarat is going down, and it will shatter and break into pieces, mark my words. Not today, not tomorrow but in the forseeable future.

Yeah yeah and so lalalaa.. We survived begging bowl of world status and famines ine epic proportions, three wars and yet we survived as a nation. We are more stron as a nation more then we were ever before, so kindly keep your arm chair analysis yourself. Ever compared how many people died this year in your country due to terrorist activities. Is FATA or NWFP reallly run by you except for being officially recognised as a part of Pakistan in paper, does your Natios writ run over there?

In the end, this break up would be a good thing, which each state being able to wrestle with its own problems and find solutions at their level.

Bhaarat was never meant to be a single country, and this federation which has been imposed by foreigners is doomed to fail.

As long as Tamils consider themselves as Indians, I don't see India teaing itself apart.

Ashoka of the Mauryans tried, and managed only to keep the highways clear for trade, he couldn't rule the countryside. He was so exasperated with the rebelling nature of the Bhaarat population that he foresook his conquests, appalled at the bloodshed that he had to carry out with such disappointing results, and subsequently converted to Buddhism.

The Mughal's tried and failed, creating a vicious cycle of debt and taxation, to feed the ever growing numbers of taluqdars and zemindars. A self prepetuating elite of Nawabs, maharajas, maha ranas, amirs who bled the country dry. This had to be done to appease them due to the rebellious nature of the people and the vast distances from the center, but ended up weakening their rule.

The British tried and failed miserably, running back with the tails in their legs, leaving a population that was destitute, and prone to massacring each other.

Even the Maha Bhaarat of yore only existed in a small part of the doab region (between the holy rivers of ganga and jamuna). There was never a big, great old country called Bhaarat, as the affix of Maha suggests.

Was there something called India at those times?

So please give up this fool's gold of an idea of a great ancient nation. The differences in culture, clothes, food, language, customs, gods, traditions castes, are too vast and are actually an explosive cocktail if mixed. Handle with care, some might advise.

Core South India is completely different from Noth India except for religion(even in hinduism we have region specific Gods and Godess) as long as wwe feel as Indians India ain't oing anywhere.

One must look only at the state of maharashtra and the xenophobia recently expressed their by raj thakeray and his navnirman sena. Bollywood stalwarts such as Amitabh and Jaya Bachhan are reduced to grovelling and apologising for daring to speak Hindi at a hindi film muhurat, in Bombay, Maharasthr

Errr when did a Thug become one who decides India's fate.

The experiment of a united Bhaarat, whenever tried, has failed miserably.

The Nehruvian/Gandhian/Mountbattenian experiment is doomed to fail too.

Dig Vijaya

Forst save your country's border then lecture us ..

IPF

Logic note,

I have one question, how is China exactly a "failed" or "struggling nation"?.

No its not a failed nation .. but its a failed society .
USSR was one , so was East Germany .

Nations shall not grow at the cost of its social development

No its not a failed nation .. but its a failed society .
USSR was one , so was East Germany .

Nations shall not grow at the cost of its social development

I see, my response was to this...

The problem is that India is surrounded with a neighborhood of failed or struggling nations.

It depends what your definition of "failed society" is. I don't see China as a failed society. They might have a different form of leadership and a different way of managing the nation compared to India. But as long that model works for them, then so be it.

Also, I don't see China not growing, it is the opposite, it is growing at a fast pace.

I see, my response was to this...

It depends what your definition of "failed society" is. I don't see China as a failed society. They might have a different form of leadership and a different way of managing the nation compared to India. But as long that model works for them, then so be it.

Also, I don't see China not growing, it is the opposite, it is growing at a fast pace.

Dear Blackstone

Society is like single consciousness within which different ideologies exists .
if one ideology overtakes that social consciousness and individuals are sidlined .. I call it a failed soceity .
Dont forget USSR was one of them most powerful nation .. but it collapsed because its social structure was not able to counter the change and onslaught of other ideologies .
economic growth is just one criteria to understand a soceity .remember economy goes up and down . its the balance between individual and social ideologies which keeps a nation strong . USA in 1930s is a good example .

Back
Top Bottom