What's new

Is India big enough to be a superpower?

yay or nay?

• Total voters
here is the reailty check kid
economy- PPP doesnt mean anythin in world economy, only nominal is counted for a country's economical strength, beside primitive stage India has to buy almost everything from foreign countries in order to be functional

high tech-- any reputable sources from Thomas Reuters to PCT annual reports show clearly in terms of investment and R&D output India is nowhere to be seen in even top 20s

manufactuing - India is at very bottom of the supply chain, before choosing any models you need to start off with the basic, which is the very basic technological know-how to even make, for instance, a bullet, which btw you still have to import from others

social develipment-- its slow but best model to follow .. if this is a best model, then why after 60 years its still slightly better than Sub-Sahara countries (barbaric caste system, world biggest slave labor, biggest child labor, most corrupted, least social equality, most starved population, etc``these are the worst violation of human rights)

e-commerce-- first thing needed for nay intternet stuff is fredom.. of speech and expression ..you cant be more clueless, world's biggest e-commerce 1 U.S, 2 China and 3rd European Union, and these three countries and region has the most valuable e-commerce companies and best IT companies (your bragged India IT 'suprpawa' cant even stand a chance with them whether in terms of market value or the possession of patents)

sports - yes ... its still not priority iht of comon a man nor to govt ``usual Indian lame excuse,

You know what's funny kid ?

This analysis of yours and understanding of yours will remain just a few bytes on the internet while India will just carry on and do what it is doing. that is, move ahead with 1.2 billion people.

:lol:

write some more. let the butthurt flow ! :enjoy:

WTF civilisation came to china from India. We civilized Chinese. From AD 1 CE to 1000 CE India was no 1 in the world economy.Indias share in global economy was 1/4th upto 1700 CE then it started decreasing due to foreighn invasions. India was a superpower so it has to regain it's status.Its only 65 yrs since we became Republic and need 35 yrs more to become hyperpower.
We did not invade or rape Chinese like Europeans did but Chinese always disrespect Indiansinstead of praising what it got from iIndia.
The Meeting of Civilizations: Indian Influences in China - Asia - ColorQ's Color Club
kid, please dig up some real knowledge not those Bollywood style sensational BS, we dont dress like Indian, we dont talk like Indian, we dont wipe @rse like Indian, we dont eat like Indian, what civilization you r cluelessly talkin about? Buddism? lol, its not Indian, and besides we were philosophy centric than religion centric, the Buddism was pretty much localized after passed from Nepal

You know what's funny kid ?

This analysis of yours and understanding of yours will remain just a few bytes on the internet while India will just carry on and do what it is doing. that is, move ahead with 1.2 billion people.

:lol:

write some more. let the butthurt flow ! :enjoy:
I know the reality is too much to delusional Indian, :D
I guess you guys develop a habit that never look up to those professional figures about how backward and primitive India is right?

yeah, sure everybody is moving forward, but what only matters is that how fast you move

kid, please dig up some real knowledge not those Bollywood style sensational BS, we dont dress like Indian, we dont talk like Indian, we dont wipe @rse like Indian, we dont eat like Indian, what civilization you r cluelessly talkin about? Buddism? lol, its not Indian, and besides we were philosophy centric than religion centric, the Buddism was pretty much localized after passed from Nepal

I know the reality is too much to delusional Indian, :D
I guess you guys develop a habit that never look up to those professional figures about how backward and primitive India is right?

yeah, sure everybody is moving forward, but what only matters is that how fast you move

you know what is called reality ? something which happens in the real world. outside PDF. I repeat, PDF is not a part of reality.

Sure, if it helps you to sleep better at night...after all, I suppose you spent money to be online. Make the best of it. :enjoy:

you know what is called reality ? something which happens in the real world. outside PDF. I repeat, PDF is not a part of reality.

Sure, if it helps you to sleep better at night...after all, I suppose you spent money to be online. Make the best of it. :enjoy:
surprised you do know the word real world``lol, then i dont hv to inform you where to dig to find out where India truly belongs, dont you?

It says multiple votes are allowed. So I didnt take any chances.. Voted yay and nay!! :pop:

@PlanetWarrior what you think?

India can only be a super power when it has a government which is capable of addressing all of the reasonable civic and constitutional needs of all of its people. Nukes, a powerful military etc are all irrelevant whilst the poverty index remains high in certain areas and whilst crimes against women and children remains rampant. Educating the people on the need to respect the rights of their fellow citizens is paramount. Everything else will fall into place thereafter

Right friends two things here.

Any insults will be deleted, silly mindless insults, and yes that includes sweeping, low IQ's, toilets etc etc.

Congrats Waz. A better candidate for a moderator could not be found on PDF. Now please ban @seiko. He is recently married and spends too much time on PDF :D

economy- PPP doesnt mean anythin in world economy, only nominal is counted for a country's economical strength, beside primitive stage India has to buy almost everything from foreign countries in order to be functional

high tech-- any reputable sources from Thomas Reuters to PCT annual reports show clearly in terms of investment and R&D output India is nowhere to be seen in even top 20s

manufactuing - India is at very bottom of the supply chain, before choosing any models you need to start off with the basic, which is the very basic technological know-how to even make, for instance, a bullet, which btw you still have to import from others

social develipment-- its slow but best model to follow .. if this is a best model, then why after 60 years its still slightly better than Sub-Sahara countries (barbaric caste system, world biggest slave labor, biggest child labor, most corrupted, least social equality, most starved population, etc``these are the worst violation of human rights)

e-commerce-- first thing needed for nay intternet stuff is fredom.. of speech and expression ..you cant be more clueless, world's biggest e-commerce 1 U.S, 2 China and 3rd European Union, and these three countries and region has the most valuable e-commerce companies and best IT companies (your bragged India IT 'suprpawa' cant even stand a chance with them whether in terms of market value or the possession of patents)

sports - yes ... its still not priority iht of comon a man nor to govt ``usual Indian lame excuse,

Too much of nonsense in one single post, now don't break your keyboard.

India always considers bangladesh, srilanka, Nepal, Afghanistan as friends.For both china and pakistan we have some reservations (kashmir & akshai chin)but always want good relationship. Indians always feel pakistan as a brother who left the home bcoz of someone's misguidance. (Britain, KSA).
If you are gettin best of military equipments from different sources with good prices then purchase and use.In the mean time try to make it at home like our missiles, aircraft carriers, ships.Every powerful nations like usa, Russia, japan, France, Europe all lined up to sail their best weapons to us why why not to get if we have enough money for this .
fortunately we got warm heart people on both sides...................but still its not enough...............we were same body but now we are not.............. reality is far different than imaginations

india is already the supa powa in dream land
People specially the racials cannot digest a former colony, non christian, non white, non western country going to superpower...that why they bring different parameters if u overcome that they set another parameter or say toilet, rape like worlds.But India was a superpower will again became superpower .

Rather odd point. Considering that the United Kingdom can fit inside India multiple times and yet was a super power for nearly a century.

Those who rule the seas, will rule the world.

---
Dear .. lets see the other side too ...
Economy- PPP vs nominal.. world thinks diffrent than you
China’s Economy Surpassing U.S.? Well, Yes and No - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Another way of comparing economies, employed by the ICP, uses a concept called purchasing power parity. PPP exchange rates make adjustments for the differing costs of goods and services across countries. They attempt to show what exchange rates would have to be to buy the same basket of goods in different places.

As costs are much higher in the industrialized world, especially for nontraded goods, comparisons of GDP by PPP exchange rates tend to boost the relative size of poorer nations’ economies. In essence, money goes further in the developing world.

PPP is useful as a way to get at hidden advantages developing nations have. For instance, it costs the Chinese government much less to pay its soldiers than it does the U.S. government to pay GIs. Tourists from rich countries intuitively reflect on PPP when they visit poor ones and buy dinner, thinking, “Geez, my dollar goes farther here.”

“The advantage of using GDP at PPP rates is that it better measures welfare, and also PPPs tend to be more stable and thus the $GDPs of countries (used for international comparisons, etc.) don’t jump around as much,” Markus Rodlauer, chief of the IMF’s China mission, wrote in an email.

“You’d expect countries with more people to have bigger output,” said Stephen Schwartz, a former International Monetary Fund official who now works as an economist for Moody’s Investors Service in Hong Kong. “In per capita terms, China is still very poor.”

GDP at PPP best indicator - The Times of India

----
R & D
Yes india is not g8 in this but not too bad too.. need more data for same..
R & D and IPR are mutual imp issue.. looking chinas IPR policy who wants billions of $ reseach copy by chinese ?
---
Social indicators..
yes you are right.. india is lagging and big way,,
just let me ask you one question ..
Can common ordinary chinese man have same rights as CCP member ?
india have diffrent model to follow... you paid cost of rapid developent with BIG Leap progrmae .we dont want to pay that cost.. as our social and political ethical backgowd dont allwo that..
why i said it best modell..as it has it own cost as you mentioned but its benefot in long term out right its cost
exa. polio... 121 billion people free from polio is feet to achieve..
we let people to develop and mature .. not selcte few group..
china have its own path so its india.. fututre wil tlll who SUSTAINS the movementum with greater stability
----
Manufactuting..
china is worlds manufactuung base ...
but china is not OEM ...
still china use its natural resource .. water... air.. land .. for let say IPHONE manufactuing.. but its USA product not china ..
when CHINA can becme OEM then you can say you get real fruit of manufactuing..
then why people come to china for manufactung
1. your infra .. is good
2. political backing.. no where its that much easy to acces few official and get rolling that huge plant
3. labour -- still workers rights and cost compare to west is low
4. policy-- China is pro business not pro people.. so closing business is not big issue like other world(if i am worng correct me )
exa.. Intel going to virteamn for manfuctung .. now dont tell me viternam better than usa in chip making...
same goes for india.. we had beter cost advatge in serive sector with skill match of langauge
---
E-commerce..
is big sea of services.. yes biggest e-services from china too.. accepted..
but dear in nation where you still cant search some MAGIC words / Events what kind of e-servce you talk about..
alibaba is good and big.. let see how they perform with diffrent set of rules in india and world ..
Trasnperacy is KEY TO ECOM .. its easy to grown in china real game is outisde..
Tiananmen Square online searches censored by Chinese authorities | World news | The Guardian
let me give small exa.
people wite review of product and then other see and decide..
think if people cant ahve that freedom to search products .. compare and wtire honest review and excersie their fredom speecha nd expression .. waht kind of busines model will this come out.. and will it survice in fierce EU. USA.. market let alone india
--
Sports..
its fact .. can be excuse for you ..
like .. when i say why your govt dont allow to search tinmin square incident .. waht your reply?

Japan only took Taiwan, which is not even 0.03% the size of China. Too small.
--
map og GB as i asked
please support your claim with proof

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom