What's new

Is FATA a Colony of Pakistan?

Thanks for the info. Last point is quite funny :-)
It is not "funny".

these are tribal badlands, where anything and everything goes.

Many Indians and other outsiders have not idea about the level of lawlessness and brutality exists in these areas.

However you will also find individuals who have kind hearts and beautiful souls.

You just wonder what and How one could help them and bring them up to the level of settled areas.

Peace

It is not "funny".

these are tribal badlands, where anything and everything goes.

Many Indians and other outsiders have not idea about the level of lawlessness and brutality exists in these areas.

However you will also find individuals who have kind hearts and beautiful souls.

You just wonder what and How one could help them and bring them up to the level of settled areas.

Peace

You are right. Most of us don't know anything about these areas or people.

And surely there would be some good and simple people there, along with the others you mentioned.

It is difficult for us to understand there are officially "B type" areas (???) where the state simply has abrogated it's responsibility to provide law and order or development.

Or that they can be officially punished collectively (if it is still true).

It can't be just all blamed on incompetence. There has to be a method to this madness.

And surely there would be some good and simple people there, along with the others you mentioned.

It is difficult for us to understand there are officially "B type" areas (???) where the state simply has abrogated it's responsibility to provide law and order or development.

It can't be just all blamed on incompetence. There has to be a method to this madness.

Yeap. There is certainly a method to this madness in FATA.

There are powerful forces both social and political that shape the area, and these forces want to keep the way things are.

Why?

Then the ordinary people can be exploited in the name of one tribe or the other.

And that is truly sad.

Pak army wants to do the action, but civilian will and the intellectual will to change the statue quo is totally absent.

So we remain in limbo.

peace

Pak army wants to do the action, but civilian will and the intellectual will to change the statue quo is totally absent.

Thanks for your inputs.

I do have my doubts that PA wants to change the status quo of the tribal areas. It never did that during the military rule.

In fact, the status quo doesn't help the civilian politicians as much.

it's not much different than AFSPA which is imposed in insurgency/seperatist racked areas of india such as Manipur

FCR is nowhere near along the lines as the AFSPA; furthermore, in the case of FATA agreements are made between the State and the Lashkars which --through nothing more than an honourable promise -- ensure the peace to the best of their ability

obviously if you have a porous and remote area -- and that area shares a long and porous border with a God forsaken country like Afghanistan which has been at war for much of the past 3 decades - the externalities would be felt across the border.

it's not much different than AFSPA which is imposed in insurgency/seperatist racked areas of india such as Manipur

FCR is nowhere near along the lines as the AFSPA; furthermore, in the case of FATA agreements are made between the State and the Lashkars which --through nothing more than an honourable promise -- ensure the peace to the best of their ability

obviously if you have a porous and remote area -- and that area shares a long and porous border with a God forsaken country like Afghanistan which has been at war for much of the past 3 decades - the externalities would be felt across the border.

AFSPA is different Abu Zulfiquar.
AFSPA is the authority given to the military or paramilitary to carry out law and order duties without question.

Areas like Manipur etc where AFSPA is applied are still under State control. They have their own Legislative Assemblies, their Chief Ministers, the Opposition, the Courts, the Police.

Every aspect of that State is controlled by a Government elected by the very same people of the State.

In Pakistan's case, it has abrogated the responsibility of Governance to tribals, no elections, no CM, no government.
Basically the tribals are free to do whatever they wish in those areas.

There is a world of difference between the two cases.

FATA is not Pakistan proper (Punjab), it's like a native American reservation to keep the tribal Pashtuns happy. The British colonialists knew that it's important to keep them pacified, and Pakistan has only continued this tradition.

Look man, if an indian ask kashmiri of his country that does he hate pakistani kashmiris? What would be his answer?

Depends on whom whom I ask. There is no "one size fits all" answer.

FATA is not Pakistan proper (Punjab), it's like a native American reservation to keep the tribal Pashtuns happy. The British colonialists knew that it's important to keep them pacified, and Pakistan has only continued this tradition.

This is sadly true.

However I'd like to add that the culture and rules in most of the rural FATA are not too different from Eastern Afghanistan, except relatively better access to schools, hospitals, colleges etc.

So the continuation of "traditions" have less to do with Pakistan and Afghanistan, and more to do with wishes and demands of local people.

peace

Read my post again and think about it deeply.....Ask yourself why FATA is still an active volcano after 9 years when army operated in FATA in 2004 ?, look at them, they are trapped.

This afghan wanna-be faggot again :hitwall:(excuse my words but its the truth)

FCR is testament to the fact that tribals are under occupation of Pakistan. "Wild" tribes are punished and controlled through FCR like British used to do so. The concept of collective punishment is such that a tribe is asked by political agent (who is not local) to capture and hand over the culprit who happen to be from that tribe , if they failed to do their job within time limit then houses of entire village are razed to the ground..........This is totally unislamic and represent colonial mindset.....
Though Pakistan groomed talibanization to eliminate Pashtun nationalism, it backfired in the form of TTP......TTP though devoid of pashtunwali, has re-kindled the spirit of mullah powindah and faqir of ipi, history is repeating itself......

What utter bile, the people there are proud Pakistanis. They understand the power of collectivism, military and ideology. Don't think they are simple. When they see fighter jets in the sky they think that is their birds in the sky. When they see a solider they see him as their brother.

It is a beautiful part of Pakistan and I hope one day when the war ends I will travel and take in the beauty first hand.

Just because you have nothing in your country doesn't mean we deserve nothing. I know you are angry, blame the 26 countries and the Soviets before who have desecrated your land. You need to protect yourselves and become strong, that is the only way to fight off the world powers.

Trying to destroy your neighbor will not solve your problems.

When they see fighter jets in the sky they foresee death and destruction. When they see a soldier, their eyes are set on his trigger, they begin to recite kalma.

When they see fighter jets in the sky they foresee death and destruction. When they see a soldier, their eyes are set on his trigger, they begin to recite kalma.

Is that what you do when you see NATO jets in the sky?

I have met my brothers and sisters there many times, we are all very much Pakistani.

Afghanistan has nothing to offer FATA, you can't offer them security, health, education, jobs, nothing. You are barely surviving as an economy. You are literally non existent on the world stage. I would say your economy is closer to Palestine than any struggling African country.

But then you look across the border, the potential Pakistan has, brother it is unbelievable. We can uplift our whole community to prosperity. That is why 3 millions Afghans traveled to Pakistan for a better life. Inshallah they will return safely to their homeland soon and we can redirect the funding to people that need it in the country.

FCR is testament to the fact that tribals are under occupation of Pakistan. "Wild" tribes are punished and controlled through FCR like British used to do so. The concept of collective punishment is such that a tribe is asked by political agent (who is not local) to capture and hand over the culprit who happen to be from that tribe , if they failed to do their job within time limit then houses of entire village are razed to the ground..........This is totally unislamic and represent colonial mindset.....
Though Pakistan groomed talibanization to eliminate Pashtun nationalism, it backfired in the form of TTP......TTP though devoid of pashtunwali, has re-kindled the spirit of mullah powindah and faqir of ipi, history is repeating itself......

Pashtun nationalism entails a mix of secularism and Marxism. Yeah good luck selling those ideas to people of KPK or FATA

Being that I myself hail from tribal areas I don't need you to speak on my behalf thanks.

By the way I do believe KPK and FATA need to be broken down into provinces because the system of political agents (FATA) doesn't work. They are locals by the way but many of them spend more time in Islamabad than they do in their constituencies. Furthermore there was trouble initially because some of the agents were involved in corruption and other law breaking activities

If you think however that our loyalties are not with the country you are highly mistaken there.

enough is enough ........... justice should be done ..... equal treatment ....
tribal areas should be given provincial status ...... for God sake end this discrimination now ...........

Back
Top Bottom