What's new

IS corruption a social phenomenon or an economical one

You claimed some scientists said so and so...I am studying genetics so I would like to know the name of this scientist so we can deal with such disgrace to our field!

You can search this from net. I am trying to post link here but since I am new I cant do it right now.

Search correlation-between-mao-a-gene-and-murderers-sex-offenders on stack exchange.

skeptics stackexchange com /questions/10159/correlation-between-mao-a-gene-and-murderers-sex-offenders

Put dots and remove space after com and you are good to go.

Last edited:
You can search this from net. I am trying to post link here but since I am new I cant do it right now.

Search correlation-between-mao-a-gene-and-murderers-sex-offenders on stack exchange.
Shall I bring your attention to science:
MAOA monoamine oxidase A [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI

^^ Is the gene bank where genes on which research is done are deposited for others to find and work on...as par your gene of interest:

This gene is one of two neighboring gene family members that encode mitochondrial enzymes which catalyze the oxidative deamination of amines, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. Mutation of this gene results in Brunner syndrome. This gene has also been associated with a variety of other psychiatric disorders, including antisocial behavior. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2012]

On that gene:

Findings on endophenotypes of suicidality, such as aggression and impulsivity traits, show positive associations for the TPH1, HTR2A, and MAOA genes, but need further replication, since negative associations are also occasionally reported. Since genes can only partially explain suicidal risk, several studies during the past decade have tried to incorporate environmental factors in the susceptibility model. Studies to date show that variation on the 5-HTTLPR, MAOA and HTR2A gene can interact with stressful life events to increase risk for suicidal behavior.

rather than weird websites like Skeptics Stack Exchange which is not a scientific website

Everything "scientific" about MAOA states psychological disorders ....

Not all those diagnosed will commit a crime hence such correlations are absurd and also highlights those who potentially are not harmful to society!

Shall I bring your attention to science:
MAOA monoamine oxidase A [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI
^^ Is the gene bank where genes on which research is done are deposited for others to find and work on...as par your gene of interest:
This gene is one of two neighboring gene family members that encode mitochondrial enzymes which catalyze the oxidative deamination of amines, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. Mutation of this gene results in Brunner syndrome. This gene has also been associated with a variety of other psychiatric disorders, including antisocial behavior. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2012]
On that gene:
Findings on endophenotypes of suicidality, such as aggression and impulsivity traits, show positive associations for the TPH1, HTR2A, and MAOA genes, but need further replication, since negative associations are also occasionally reported. Since genes can only partially explain suicidal risk, several studies during the past decade have tried to incorporate environmental factors in the susceptibility model. Studies to date show that variation on the 5-HTTLPR, MAOA and HTR2A gene can interact with stressful life events to increase risk for suicidal behavior.
rather than weird websites like Skeptics Stack Exchange which is not a scientific website

If you are looking for a fight, may I suggest you do it with someone else. Now read the part where I said its a big IF and try to understand what I am trying to say. And sorry I am not a geneticist like you. So I can not be sure about it, that is why I used IF.

I wrote this, read it carefully. And dont pick a fight with me.

Scientists have found that in some brutal murderers there is a defect in the brain. Now if the defect is not due to injury of physical or traumatic distress then it might be because of DNA. There is more need for research in this area. Nothing can be said for certain about DNA and genetics until more is proven. If DNA of a person can make his brain defective, and that defective brain can cause that person to become murderers then DNA might be related to other human behaviors too. That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a fight, may I suggest you do it with someone else. Now read the part where I said its a big IF and try to understand what I am trying to say. And sorry I am not a geneticist like you. So I can be sure about it, that is why I used IF.

I wrote this, read it carefully. And dont pick a fight with me.

Scientists have found that in some brutal murderers there is a defect in the brain. Now if the defect is not due to injury of physical or traumatic distress then it might be because of DNA. There is more need for research in this area. Nothing can be said for certain about DNA and genetics until more is proven. If DNA of a person can make his brain defective, and that defective brain can cause that person to become murderers then DNA might be related to other human behaviors too. That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics.
I did...and I also agreed with your post in my post 13...I aint looking for no fight but it is you who is insisting on your part being right by quoting some random website (which is very much an insult to science...IF's and But's are not science...science is science...it can be proven through experiments not only dream about) ....when I am the one quoting scientific papers

I did...and I also agreed with your post in my post 13...I aint looking for no fight but it is you who is insisting on your part being right by quoting some random website (which is very much an insult to science...IF's and But's are not science...science is science...it can be proven through experiments not only dream about) ....when I am the one quoting scientific papers

Like I said if you want to fight then its up to you. I am not going to entertain anymore of your posts. You behavior is less forgiving and more hostile. Take care.

Like I said if you want to fight then its up to you. I am not going to entertain anymore of your posts. You behavior is less forgiving and more hostile.
lolz...why coz I dont agree with you or coz I quote science over some random websites?

BTW, wasnt it you who brought in science...why disagree with pure science? As for hostile...I dont tolerate BS!

Corruption is more of a social phenomenon in my view rather than an economic one. There are corrupt practices among fairly well off firms and nations. So the issue is more predominantly social and has to do with everything from greed to nepotism to plain flouting of power.

lolz...why coz I dont agree with you or coz I quote science over some random websites?
BTW, wasnt it you who brought in science...why disagree with pure science? As for hostile...I dont tolerate BS!

Its obvious that I do not have sufficient knowledge on the subject. But calling my comments BS is a bit excessive buddy when I already said That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics.

And if you are interested in reading more here is another link. BTW enjoy humiliating others, good job :)

psychologytoday com /blog/the-human-beast/201007/pity-the-poor-murderer-his-genes-made-him-do-it

Its obvious that I do not have sufficient knowledge on the subject. But calling my comments BS is a bit excessive buddy when I already said That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics.

And if you are interested in reading more here is another link. BTW enjoy humiliating others, good job :)

psychologytoday com /blog/the-human-beast/201007/pity-the-poor-murderer-his-genes-made-him-do-it
I dont humiliate...I question if you cant answer you shouldnt take side...

I know my field and if someone (even if some scientist) spreads weirdness then he is meant to be humiliated! Do you know as a researcher you can be shunned from society if you publish junk and are caught? Hence my post!

Thank you for the sources but I do not read such news...Not until they have isolated a gene and given it a functional character will I believe you can be born to kill!

Enjoy discussing!

I dont humiliate...
Ok may be you dont, I take you for your word.

I question if you cant answer you shouldnt take side...
I said, There is more need for research in this area. Nothing can be said for certain about DNA and genetics until more is proven. and That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics. I wasnt taking side man. Isnt it clear from what I wrote?

I know my field
Ok I take you for your word.

and if someone (even if some scientist) spreads weirdness then he is meant to be humiliated!
So if a layman writes something and says That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics. and That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics. He should be humiliated because he wants to know more about the subject? So talking about this subject is a crime and I should be humiliated? I wanted to know more about this subject from a geneticist but I wasnt expecting to be Karate Choped by one. Teaching and correcting someone is one thing but going GI Joe and delta force on me was clearly excessive.

Do you know as a researcher you can be shunned from society if you publish junk and are caught? Hence my post!
Well clearly I am not a expert on in your field. I am only a layman when it comes to genetics. Should I be condemned for my acts? What about my right to discuss on the subject? I have right to discuss it or not? Do you want to curb my freedom to talk about this subject just because I am not an expert and because I might not be right. Clearly I am not a researcher. What are the rules, what are the limits, what can a person post and what he cannot post about genetics without insulting a geneticists . I already said That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics. Should I be shunned from society just because I posted some link that was not research material. I am a layman, do I need to remind you again?

Thank you for the sources but I do not read such news...Not until they have isolated a gene and given it a functional character will I believe you can be born to kill!
Clearly you have better sources to quote because you are studying the subject and I am not. Should I stop talking about it just because I cant prove or disprove anything about your subject? Well do that please I have been waiting to find this out for some time now, like I said There is more need for research in this area. Nothing can be said for certain about DNA and genetics until more is proven. and That is a big IF for now until proven. We just have to wait and see what the neurologists find and how much they can relate neurology to genetics.

Go easy on others man, Karate Chopping me just because I could not post valid sources because I am a layman in the field of genetics is excessive. Take care man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom