What's new

Is CHINA stealing TECH from EUROPE?

the Dutch have ASML lithography tech

ASML is as Dutch as Kimchi :lol:

Many companies are incorporated in the Netherlands and the IP registered under a Dutch legal entity for tax benefits. This is true for ASML as well. An example, a critical component of the ASML lithography tech, the EUV light source is a US invention made in San Diego, California by CYMER.

ASML is as Dutch as Kimchi :lol:

Many companies are incorporated in the Netherlands and the IP registered under a Dutch legal entity for tax benefits. This is true for ASML as well. An example, a critical component of the ASML lithography tech, the EUV light source is a US invention made in San Diego, California by CYMER.
Doesn’t matter, it’s in the Netherlands

That's because the US has primacy. Europe has lost primacy after the World War II. Yet, it doesn't mean that they will sit idle and let China take their customers and client states out of their hands. Yeah, their approach will not be as aggressive as the US as the Europeans do not have the means to pursue an aggressive approach, but it doesn't mean they won't try to slow down the progress of China.
I agree

Doesn’t matter, it’s in the Netherlands

On the contrary, who owns it matters more than where it is incorporated.
You will see an interesting pattern when you look at ownership of tech companies.
The same names keep popping up...

Does Europe have any tech that China doesn't already have? lol

Can you point out which technology is CHINESE. Please seriously, I am asking you to list Indigenous CHINESE technology.

Can you point out which technology is CHINESE. Please seriously, I am asking you to list Indigenous CHINESE technology.
Who said anything about "indigenous"? And why does being "indigenous" matter? Fact remains that they have currently mastered a lot of high-tech areas and are producing high-tech products en mass.
And even historic-wise, printing was a Chinese invention if I'm not mistaken. I believe the Chinese invented canons too. That's off-topic nevertheless.

It's hard to say.

Because IP is protected by patent.

Unless you are not patent it and someone claims it, it's your own mistake.

And it's legal.

But reverse engineering is not stealing.

So far, there are many USA politicians who say that China is stealing IP.

But I never see huge lawsuits against Chinese companies like in the past between Google, Apple, and Samsung over IP of the smartphone.

It's like a political slogan rather than stealing in reality.

Just like a politician accuse his rival as incompetence, but in reality, it is not.

But such political move somehow can make you win the election.

Last edited:
Who said anything about "indigenous"? And why does being "indigenous" matter? Fact remains that they have currently mastered a lot of high-tech areas and are producing high-tech products en mass.
And even historic-wise, printing was a Chinese invention if I'm not mistaken. I believe the Chinese invented canons too. That's off-topic nevertheless.

So you confirm that there is NOTHING that china has contributed to technology, It has stolen WITHOUT licence the technology that belongs to others who have spent their intelligence, research, effort, brains, talent, years of time, and vast amounts of money.

Printing was NOT invented by Chinese. Gunpowder was, but NO one uses gunpowder per Chinese invention any more. China claims to have invented one thing that is paper until reminded that the Egyptians invented that and the word paper comes the Egyptian word for papyrus

So you confirm that there is NOTHING that china has contributed to technology, It has stolen WITHOUT licence the technology that belongs to others who have spent their intelligence, research, effort, brains, talent, years of time, and vast amounts of money.

Printing was NOT invented by Chinese. Gunpowder was, but NO one uses gunpowder per Chinese invention any more. China claims to have invented one thing that is paper until reminded that the Egyptians invented that and the word paper comes the Egyptian word for papyrus
No, I don't confirm. lol Science and technology progress slowly and step by step based on past inventions and discoveries. Newer inventions usually are impossible without past inventions and discoveries. And again, it remains totally irrelevant to this topic. I don't know why you are quoting me for something that is off-topic to share your Indian insights about China with me lol

Meanwhile, a lot of people do give credit to the Chinese for printing:

The world's first movable type printing technology for printing paper books was made of porcelain materials and was invented around 1040 AD in China during the Northern Song Dynasty by the inventor Bi Sheng (990–1051).

Printing was invented in China during the Tang Dynasty (618-906 AD). The first mentioning of printing is an imperial decree from 593 AD, in which the Sui Emperor Wen-ti orders Buddhist images and scriptures to be printed. ... Eventually, the Chinese also began printing longer scrolls and books.

Dude, you need to some more research otherwise you are just being ignorant.

History of paper
Paper is a thin nonwoven material traditionally made from a combination of milled plant and textile fibres. It is primarily used for writing, artwork, and packaging; it is commonly white. The first papermaking process was documented in China during the Eastern Han period (25–220 CE).

Although precursors such as papyrus and amate existed in the Mediterranean world and pre-Columbian Americas, respectively, these materials are not defined as true paper.[1] Nor is true parchment considered paper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_paper

A lot!
and many more.

Huawei itself has 56 thousand technology patent.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...6-492-patents-and-it-s-not-afraid-to-use-them

Not to mention whole China:
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe1bc15ee-0ae4-11ea-bb52-34c8d9dc6d84

Last edited:

Just 5 random ones:

First direct brain-computer interfacing chip.

Pan Jianwei's quantum communication instruments which won the Zeiss Research Prize and the Fresnel Prize in Applied Optics.

Piggybacking off that, the first quantum communications satellite applying Pan Jianwei's research. This technology has already been deployed for secure government communications in 2017, even hosting a video conference over quantum communications.

Huawei's Ascend chips which are some of the first commercially available chips custom designed for AI applications.

AMEC's 5 nm ICP plasma etch technology being used by TSMC and awarded by VLSI Insights as a top 10 supplier.

So now the question is, does India even have the capability to buy and understand Chinese inventions? No, it doesn't. India doesn't have chip fabs, big data companies or the type of high value communications that necessitate such inventions. India is still in sustinence stage of development, it does not have the market requirement for high tech tools.

It's widely recognized paper was invented by the Chinese, and few fringes recognizes Egypt invented paper. Yeah, english word paper is based off papyrus, and chinese, japanese, korean, vietnamese word for paper is based off Chinese world for "paper", so what's your point exactly? By the way, China already surpassed US in 2019 in total number of INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGICAL PATENTS, according to Spain based international patent office, WIPO, led by Huawei. Which has been #1 international technology patent holder for 3 years in a row now, surpassing Google, Microsoft, IBM... mostly in 5G and AI. And here you are, telling us China didn't invent technology? Are you serious?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom