What's new

Is cheating in exams a sin? Can it be considered haraam?

Everything or every action in Islam is between you and your Lord. Lest you deceive yourself in thinking that nobody is watching! I heard a sheikh saying once that he bought some groceries at the supermarket and noted that the cashier missed to scan an item so he asked her that she has missed scanning an item at which the cashier threw a tantrum saying that everything is correct. The sheikh insisted and the cashier relented only to find out that she did miss an item. Sheikh paid and moved on... The moral as the sheikh mentioned was that the matter was not between him and the cashier or him and supermarket chain. It was between him and his Lord. So you may assume at times thinking rather innocuous thing but that right there is your test, lest you blink.

well sir we know Indian members specially those with anti- islam sentiments do such things that is why this angel.

cheating is a sin whether in exams or normal day affairs

certainly the quality of threads here fallen too low, and i feel threads should be moderated before being open to forum

Everything or every action in Islam is between you and your Lord. Lest you deceive yourself in thinking that nobody is watching! I heard a sheikh saying once that he bought some groceries at the supermarket and noted that the cashier missed to scan an item so he asked her that she has missed scanning an item at which the cashier threw a tantrum saying that everything is correct. The sheikh insisted and the cashier relented only to find out that she did miss an item. Sheikh paid and moved on... The moral as the sheikh mentioned was that the matter was not between him and the cashier or him and supermarket chain. It was between him and his Lord. So you may assume at times thinking rather innocuous thing but that right there is your test, lest you blink.
Nice story..I would tell this story to students tomorrow.

35222293.jpg

The other half was filled by students of class 7 in whose room the exam was being conducted...exams for classes 3 to 7 were conducted in the morning and 8 to 10 in the afternoon.

These 7 class students are supposed to sit out in the open during the exam but as there was rain they were asked to sit in one column.

And regarding cheating part you are right..school is robbing them..but two wrongs don't make right.

Do you want me to turn a blind eye to their cheating?

You have already turned a blind eye to school. A bigger evil.

i do not know why Muslim angel is given to this thread ? If we think ethically cheating is a sin for every student irrespective of his/her faith or religion. If Hindus, Christian do cheating as per this thread then its sin for them too
Brother,I have explained clearly why I used religion for Muslims and did not for Hindus...you are an Indian and I need not tell you how seriously Hindus take the concept of sin,hell and heaven....if you are honest enough, you will admit the difference I mentioned..using hell,heaven and sin wouldn't work for many Hindus..not that it works in Muslims case but it is a bit more effective when used on them...you can see at least a temporary effect.

All the schools across India are like that..they don't want to lose the admissions. You can say whatever you want.

Garbage in garbage out. First work for a system that believes in quality and good education, then may be next time you can lecture the Muslim girls and share it on a public forum where there significant members are Muslims.

Garbage in garbage out. First work for a system that believes in quality and good education, then may be next time you can lecture the Muslim girls and share it on a public forum where there is significant members are Muslims.
I am working on it...I have written many emails to ministry of education about pathetic condition of schools and education in my country.

Brother,I have explained clearly why I used religion for Muslims and did not for Hindus...you are an Indian and I need not tell you how seriously Hindus take the concept of sin,hell and heaven....if you are honest enough, you will admit the difference I mentioned..using hell,heaven and sin wouldn't work for many Hindus..not that it works in Muslims case but it is a bit more effective when used on them...you can see at least a temporary effect.

Much better quality of threads are expected from you, your intent has been good but the presentation was bit odd to invite trolling. Thats why i felt bad

Much better quality of threads are expected from you, your intent has been good but the presentation was bit odd to invite trolling. Thats why i felt bad
You are entitled to your opinion...anyway getting sleep..hitting the bed..if anyone wants to add anything ,please do..I will read them in the morning...goodnight.

Boy I told this story to the kids of classes 7 to 10...but before telling it, I first asked how many students believe in God...almost all hands rose up...when I asked the next question about how many of them believe there are somethings which can be called sin...70 percent of the hands rose..but the answer to the next question really surprised me..hardly 5 hands out of a class of 40 went up...

I teach 7 classes (with different sections); which means around 280 students...out of which around 70 students are Muslims...out of those 70 Muslims only three believed in hell and heaven...I wasn't surprised with Hindu students as I already know the beliefs of Hindus in my society....The Muslims result surprised me because I was always under the impression that every Muslim believes hell and heaven without which he couldn't be called a Muslim..it's not that they aren't being given religious teachings...almost every child knows Arabic alphabet(this I knew before )...The only explanation for their belief system for me maybe living in a Hindu environment..

I could say this because in the previous school where I worked (which was run by Muslims and had only 100 students in high school) Muslim children were particular about their religion (I never asked them whether they believed heaven and hell but i am assuming they did)..that school had arabic teacher who would teach them hadees and quran.

But I felt happy seeing Muslim children refusing to believe heaven and hell(but they said they believe in God)..thanks to Hindu surroundings.

These children shattered my long held view that Muslims are bigots and who lack rational thinking.

P's: Children loved the story though.

@dravidianhero
its it allowed in hinduism
by the way how is your sister doing, did he figure out where is she going for her studies

its it allowed in hinduism
by the way how is your sister doing, did he figure out where is she going for her studies
Yeah..she is not going to Pakistan..because Pakistan is not providing any scholarships to Indians.

Back
Top Bottom