What's new

Is Arjun MBT Dead?

I also don't discount passing off T-90 as indeginous tank, it has all 40 ton weight and 125 mm gun with full ToT from Russia with Bills.

I also don't discount passing off T-90 as indeginous tank, it has all 40 ton weight and 125 mm gun with full ToT from Russia with Bills.

I don't think India reverse engineers foreign stuff, then mass produce it and pass it as our own... Most of our products I believe are built from scratch and at times employ foreign subsystems which are better than ours..

Well, its your thinking, But am talking about possibilities. Looking at the FMBT 2020:lol:, the specs match to the T. Moreover India is aggressivly persuing the full ToT of T-90. How much of T-90 gets into the so-called "indeginous" tank remains to be seen.

Remeber, India has no technology for Tracks, Poerpack, FCS and now 125 mm gun.

No rethink on Arjun tank: DRDO chief

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) dispelled apprehensions that there was a question mark over the capability of the indigenously manufactured Arjun tank.

Speaking at a press conference here on Saturday, DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat dismissed reports that the tank was undergoing yet another series of revaluations vis-À-vis the Russian T-90 main battle tanks.

Dr. Saraswat said that half of the 124 tanks ordered by the Army had already rolled out, and there was no rethink about their induction. The comparative evaluation referred to in media reports was nothing but a trial of the tank’s role in the overall arsenal of the Army. “It is a normal process of identifying the role the tank will play in the plans,” he said.

I do not think so, for the simple reason that how much you could shave off the weight from a tank of 58 Ton? may a ton or two...still it would not be lighter and versatile tank according to Army.

Arjun is DEAD, Yes dead, history.

DRDO is coming up with new design:

Just wait for another mythological warrior .:woot: to again bit dust. The Brahmins are just waiting for the auspisious time for nam-karen. You know the astrological thing and all....till then its MK-II.:enjoy:

this what exactly pakistani members were saying about indian nuclear sub you can say whatever you want no one can stop you but you cannt change the reality:cheers:

to be honest & keep aside being from china mainland ,i feel arjun tank is under development phase & will do fine with some modification ie. with there turret(sloppy). I find no reason this tank be inferior to western tanks as most of its sub system ,engine ,main gun etc are German ,even when the design of this tank started the indians had one of the germen design consultation firm for design consultation (may be that's the reason for its design resemblance with german tank).
the main reasion i see for reluctance of INDIAN army for this tank is due to there exposer with only with lighter tanks of russian origin(also some old model of british tanks).arjun tank (if properly assembled by DODO) could easily out class T90 because of its main gun(arjun has more powerful gun),armor protection...

to be honest & keep aside being from china mainland ,i feel arjun tank is under development phase & will do fine with some modification ie. with there turret(sloppy). I find no reason this tank be inferior to western tanks as most of its sub system ,engine ,main gun etc are German ,even when the design of this tank started the indians had one of the germen design consultation firm for design consultation (may be that's the reason for its design resemblance with german tank).
the main reasion i see for reluctance of INDIAN army for this tank is due to there exposer with only with lighter tanks of russian origin(also some old model of british tanks).arjun tank (if properly assembled by DODO) could easily out class T90 because of its main gun(arjun has more powerful gun),armor protection...

No rethink on Arjun tank: DRDO chief

Special Correspondent

NEW DELHI: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) dispelled apprehensions that there was a question mark over the capability of the indigenously manufactured Arjun tank.

Speaking at a press conference here on Saturday, DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat dismissed reports that the tank was undergoing yet another series of revaluations vis-À-vis the Russian T-90 main battle tanks.

Dr. Saraswat said that half of the 124 tanks ordered by the Army had already rolled out, and there was no rethink about their induction. The comparative evaluation referred to in media reports was nothing but a trial of the tank’s role in the overall arsenal of the Army. “It is a normal process of identifying the role the tank will play in the plans,” he said.

“Let me make it clear, that these are not evaluation trials of the Arjun tank, as those trials, including in summer and winter months, are over and more than 50 per cent of the tanks have now rolled out of the factory for induction.”

Dr. Saraswat also refuted criticism about the performance of made-in-India INSAS (Indian Small Arms System) rifles. He said there were no niggles in the INSAS rifle, a standard issue to the infantry and the paramilitary forces, and felt the complaints, if any, must be local in nature. The feedback from the Army indicated that the troops were satisfied with the rifle.

He said the integration of avionics and sensors on a Brazilian plane to produce an indigenous “eye-in-the-sky” was proceeding apace. The modifications of the Embraer aircraft to fit the surveillance systems were “in fairly good shape” and the AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) could be ready for tests in two years, he said.

The Hindu : National : No rethink on Arjun tank: DRDO chief

Arjun is going to be a lot better tank.... give it a chance, Lets see the outcome after its tested against T-90....

outcome after its tested against T-90

There will be no "outcome" from these trials as they are for operational (doctrine) formulation. IA has already decided on that. However, I am sure more Arjuns will be ordered if only to placate DRDO & the fans. We should also look at the opposing forces and then decide on procurement. The fact the t-90 have already been ordered in huge numbers (against pakistan) and tank warfare not an option in the high himalayan peaks (china), I really don't think we need such large armour formations. We are not planning on invading anybody afterall! Modern tank battles will see more involvement from organic airpower (indian army's attack helicopters)not to mention large numbers of anti-tank units (man-portable, namica, etc)!

Another fail project?

huh!!! Did you not read what I wrote! More will be ordered in the near future. Having said that, next war will see tanks becoming cannon fodder including chinese tanks/ APC's in the high altitude battlefields! :rolleyes:

On a side note..... Israelis are marketing trophy for indian armoured units! With such an advanced active protection system, tanks may still have a place afterall. Any such "developments" in china?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom