What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

No it cannot, the rear section of the L-15 is totally different to the Yak-130's. So you cannot simply fit and change the ab-variant.

Instead of insulting with stupid BS, just re-check the facts. The Russian Yak-130 has no afterburner equipped engines

As such I accept your apology and next time you better THINK or check the facts before you instantly post some plain stupid insults and make yourself look like a fool. :smitten:

View attachment 950755

No afterburner on the AI-222-25 ... only the Ukrainian AI-222-25F has an afterburner.
The point actually is not about the fact that Yak has afterbuner or doesn't, problem is, you are an unwanted element in this section. And your comments are wasting valuable pages of it. Avoid quoting here, you don't have a good reputation.

As of now i predict that Iran will not communicate on when purchases are expected to be delivered and just let it until someone discovers it or a little announcement is made and this is the perfect thing as it will not draw public attention

The comparison with M-10 unveiling is different as M-10 is an Iran-made product, this is to show that Iran is capable of building drones and more directed at its enemies, just like missiles and AD.

Mi-26 is an heavy lifting helicopter, it is not meant to go on the battlefield where manpads are, Mi-26 is simply the Chinook counterpart, which are aging in Iran as no service and parts are provided by the US obviously, latest versions of Mi-26 are modernized https://roe.ru/eng/catalog/aerospace-systems/helicopters/mi-26t2/ Mi-26T2, this is like saying Chinook are vietnam war cows, Chinook has been constantly upgraded to modern standards

No Mi-26 was shot down in Ukraine for a simple reason, Mi-26 is a transport and heavy lifting helicopter. It would help Iran not only in the military field but in the civilian field, in case of earthquake or natural disaster, rescue victims and lift objects, so i don't know what manpads men have to do with a transport/heavylift helicopter

Is Iran going to keep the chinooks forever and risk crashes? Does Iran have an heavylift helicopter project?

Acquisition such as Mi-26 or Ka-52 provides Iran more flexibility on the ground and doing "defense attack" doctrine, Pantsir system proven to be effective in Ukraine and Syria: https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...missile_destroys_4_french_scalp_missiles.html
And countless drones shot down in Syria
Cherrypicking random Pantsir destroyed to label it as useless will not change anything, Pantsir brutalized Turkish, Israeli drones in Syria and Ukraine
Why are there orders if the system is complete trash?

And what some people doesn't understand, it is about shuffling multiple systems on different layers of the AD and not only one or two, China for example has S-400 along with its own systems, this is not about destroying projects and being 95% dependent on Russia, iran is not Algeria for example. Yak-130 for training before Su-35 arrives and form pilots, Yasin is a different project, Kowsar is a different project that have nothing to do with Yak-130 and is based on F-5 with Iranian electronics etc, those Yak are here to train pilots to operate Russian fighters. People are directly going nonsense by saying because Iran purchased Yak-130, then Yasin and Kowar is gone.

The naggers will keep being exposed

As of now i predict that Iran will not communicate on when purchases are expected to be delivered and just let it until someone discovers it or a little announcement is made and this is the perfect thing as it will not draw public attention

The comparison with M-10 unveiling is different as M-10 is an Iran-made product, this is to show that Iran is capable of building drones and more directed at its enemies, just like missiles and AD.

Mi-26 is an heavy lifting helicopter, it is not meant to go on the battlefield where manpads are, Mi-26 is simply the Chinook counterpart, which are aging in Iran as no service and parts are provided by the US obviously, latest versions of Mi-26 are modernized https://roe.ru/eng/catalog/aerospace-systems/helicopters/mi-26t2/ Mi-26T2, this is like saying Chinook are vietnam war cows, Chinook has been constantly upgraded to modern standards

No Mi-26 was shot down in Ukraine for a simple reason, Mi-26 is a transport and heavy lifting helicopter. It would help Iran not only in the military field but in the civilian field, in case of earthquake or natural disaster, rescue victims and lift objects, so i don't know what manpads men have to do with a transport/heavylift helicopter

Is Iran going to keep the chinooks forever and risk crashes? Does Iran have an heavylift helicopter project?

Acquisition such as Mi-26 or Ka-52 provides Iran more flexibility on the ground and doing "defense attack" doctrine, Pantsir system proven to be effective in Ukraine and Syria: https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...missile_destroys_4_french_scalp_missiles.html
And countless drones shot down in Syria
Cherrypicking random Pantsir destroyed to label it as useless will not change anything, Pantsir brutalized Turkish, Israeli drones in Syria and Ukraine
Why are there orders if the system is complete trash?

And what some people doesn't understand, it is about shuffling multiple systems on different layers of the AD and not only one or two, China for example has S-400 along with its own systems, this is not about destroying projects and being 95% dependent on Russia, iran is not Algeria for example. Yak-130 for training before Su-35 arrives and form pilots, Yasin is a different project, Kowsar is a different project that have nothing to do with Yak-130 and is based on F-5 with Iranian electronics etc, those Yak are here to train pilots to operate Russian fighters. People are directly going nonsense by saying because Iran purchased Yak-130, then Yasin and Kowar is gone.

Exactly, the diversity of weapons is a strength. For the same reason and that the F-7, F-4, f5, f14 and co. will not be retired because they have improved the old planes. They will be removed automatically when they are destroyed by the enemy or by accident. In a global war all the elements will have their uses

Mi-26 is an heavy lifting helicopter, it is not meant to go on the battlefield where manpads are

So where are they lifting all this equipment if not the battlefield?

Mi-26 transports equipment and personnel to behind battlefield or near battlefield lines which makes it exposed to AD systems. Same role that Chinook played in our defense doctrine.

Iran as no service and parts are provided by the US obviously

Yes, because Iran can maintain them. How else you think they are still flying after 40 years?

No Mi-26 was shot down in Ukraine for a simple reason

Is that “simple reason” that Russia has maybe 20 of them? Or maybe the “simple reason” is that their engines are made in Ukraine. Your lack of knowledge is astounding.

D-136 engines are manufactured by the Ukrainian company Motor Sich. But after the recent arrest of its CEO Vyacheslav Boguslaev, who organized illegal equipment deliveries to the Russian Federation, this supply line has been completely cut off.

Go check how many Mi-8, Mi-28, Mi-35 were shot down.

Acquisition such as Mi-26 or Ka-52 provides Iran more flexibility on the ground and doing "defense attack" doctrine

Against who? Who is going to invade Iran BY LAND? You gonna use KA-52 against Israel? Or maybe the US Navy carrier fleet?

You are preparing for a war that high unlikely and wasting precious $$$$ on a low priority item (helicopters) some of which aren’t even being produced.

Iran already has one of the largest helicopter fleets in the Middle East.

You are merely exposing your lack of knowledge about weapons systems you don’t have a firm grasp on.

The point actually is not about the fact that Yak has afterbuner or doesn't, problem is, you are an unwanted element in this section. And your comments are wasting valuable pages of it. Avoid quoting here, you don't have a good reputation.

Problem is you are plain stupid, made a false accusation connected with an insult and if I‘m unwanted by a fan boy who only wants to read what he likes regardless if its fake or not and then too arrogant or stupid to admit his error is not my problem, but yours!

So, you can be honest and simply say you made a false claim or you can leave it … it remains anyway wrong, but tells a lot about your character and intentions.

Exactly, the diversity of weapons is a strength. For the same reason and that the F-7, F-4, f5, f14 and co. will not be retired because they have improved the old planes. They will be removed automatically when they are destroyed by the enemy or by accident. In a global war all the elements will have their uses
and logistic nightmare

So after it is now clear that Russia do not need Ukraine for the AL-engines and also has developed the SM-100 for the YAK-130M what have afterburner, what version of the yak was delivered to Iran? The one with or without "M"?

So after it is now clear that Russia do not need Ukraine for the AL-engines and also has developed the SM-100 for the YAK-130M what have afterburner, what version of the yak was delivered to Iran? The one with or without "M"?

Without

@drmeson

Here's Taghvai with a not so credible claim. Wonder whether he will leave it on "Twitter" or whether he is going to delete it.

I do not care for any author's political rants on Twitter. In the literary world of technical writing, the published articles with specialized evidence count, political clownery on Twitter does not. Focus on the author's authored and published articles on technical details of IRIAF instead of Twitter rants against IRI. He hates IRI and loves Shahi-Iran so he will do that just like other dissidents of Iran. But in his technical articles, he is roughly 8-9/10 times right in his predictions.

He is a regular author in Key-aero on IRIAF. Find me a single article published by him where any information he has ever provided on IRIAF turns out to be wrong. This is his profile on key-aero. He has written technical details on F-14AM, Fakour-90, Kowsar, Yasin, MIG-29, F-4 Dowran, Su-24MK overhauls, SU-22M3-4 IRGC upgrades etc. So find a single sentence in his articles where he is proven wrong. As a matter of fact, he was the first author on IRIAF who talked about Yak-130 procurement along with Saljut AL-222-25F Turbofan TOT or LP by MODAFL before anyone Link. Just like he was the first reporter/author to have openly claimed of IRIAF requesting for SU-35S in late 2021 when Bagheri was in Moscow. He predicted Kowsar production delay due to budget cuts in 2020. 4 years later we got 4 Kowsars while some 18-24 are sitting on a dead assembly line.

A similar observation can be made about Tom Cooper, who in an article (which I believe you shared on here) suggested that Bavar-373 is actually made in China, that Iran's modern AD systems are in fact custom designed by the Chinese for Iran,

Please provide proof that Tom C said that "Bavar-373 is actually made in China"

Please provide proof that Tom C said that "Iran's modern AD systems are in fact custom designed by the Chinese for Iran"

Reality: Tom C barely told of a collaboration between SAIRAN-IRAN and CATIC-China just like there used to be a collaboration between IAIO and CATIC-China that resulted in Azarakhsh fighter/Saegheh/Kowsar fighter designs or some minimal level of tech transfer resulted into a family of AShCM in 2000s. Tons of examples of Iran collaborating with Russia, and China exist.

while dismissing Iran's ranking in peer reviewed scientific publications which you often elaborated upon, as baseless and misleading (arguing namely that the bulk of papers in question are copies of foreign works or dealing with not very relevant topics, and when they do not present these flaws, that their authors proceed to emigrate from Iran soon afterwards).

This entire statement by you makes no sense at all. SJR-listed STEM journals with IF will never even publish a single sentence that's plagiarised. The editorial board will never ever compromise on the reputation of the journal. They check these articles through atleast 2-3 different plagiarism-catching tools then relevant referees check them subjectively for quality so copying a paper and publishing it in some journal that gives you H-Index is NONSENSE.

Problem is you are plain stupid, made a false accusation connected with an insult and if I‘m unwanted by a fan boy who only wants to read what he likes regardless if its fake or not and then too arrogant or stupid to admit his error is not my problem, but yours!

So, you can be honest and simply say you made a false claim or you can leave it … it remains anyway wrong, but tells a lot about your character and intentions.
@WebMaster
What is this dumb retard doing in this section?

@WebMaster
What is this dumb retard doing in this section?

Oh, another insult as a reply only since I proved that you posted false information and you are not honest to admit it!

As such, you already answered your question alone: Conttrary to you, I am interested in FACTS, not in wishful thinking and as such I have the same right to be here like you, but additionally I am brutally correcting false information like your false claims. :smitten:

Last edited:

Just look at the nozzle … so far NO Yak-130 especially no one powered by a Russian engine has an afterburner.

Link According to this article, both Yasin AT and Yak-130 will be contemporary ATs in IRIAF.

Yasin AT (Ideally powered by Salyut Al-222) => F-14A/AM, Kowsar-I, F-4 E/D Dowran
Yak-130 AT => SU-35S, MIG-29SMT, SU-24MK

1693806605137.png

1693806197771-png.950880

It makes perfect sense as well. Kowsar-I, F-4E/D Dowran already carry SAIRAN avionics suite, in future may be F-14A/AM will undergo same. If there is a KowsarII/SaegheIII/Azaraksh-III in pipeline it will also be carrying SARIAN avionics package. Yasin AT already has the same package so it can look after the training for American/Iranian origin jets. If F-7N (I hope not) undergoes Project Erfanian or Mirage F1 undergoes lobbyism project Habibi upgradation it will also carry same avionics. suite. The weapons will be same as well. WVR Azarakash/Fattar, AIM-7 Arash BVR, Fakour-90/Masghoud LR-BVR.

Meanwhile it will be Yak-130's duty to carry out training for Russian origin fighters namely SU-35S and if MIG-29SMT, SU-24MKII upgradations happen. The weapons will be same as well, R-73E/M, R-27R, R-77E.

Attachments

• 1693806197771.png
    1693806197771.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 215
Greetings

I have been racking my brains over how an AIM-7 <--> Arash development could look like.

When I came across the following I found it interesting to find that AIM-7 could have an extended family tree. Well, some more so than others obviously:-

View attachment 950584

The same pertaining to the combat a/c which could likely be unveiled in Sept/Oct.

Well, as I have indicated elsewhere from Iran do not expect the expected.

I will therefore give my brain a rest, and await the official unveiling(s) like all the rest, patiently.

P

The way Maghsoud's official unveiling is delayed I am not too hopeful for Arash AIM-7 esp if it is the product of the same Babei Missile Industries, the organization behind A2A missiles of IRIAF. They delayed Fakour-90's test by years and Maghsoud is also late.

Regarding the design, a new solid motor and an ARH dual seeker+ECM in AIM-7E2-like airframe will result in a 4th generation BVR missile in a class of R-77-1/AIM-120C with around ~100 KM range. Will be carried Kowsar, F-4E/D (Dowran) and F-14A/AM fleet as light BVR. Impact-wise it will be even bigger than the Fakour-90s introduction because suddenly some ~200 airframes will be carrying light BVR in Iranian skies, complimenting SU-35S and MIG-29 carrying R-77AE/SD.

A single F-14AM can be armed with 2 x Fakour-90/Maghsoud (150-200 KM) + 2 x AIM-7 Arash (100 KM), 2 x WVR All-Aspect CCD guided Azaraksh (40 KM).

Back
Top Bottom