What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Very dumb statements from an illiterate loudmouth. In 2085 when Turkey starts making a fighter jet "any fighter jet", maybe then, Madagascar or Cambodia show some interest in your lousy product. That depends whether you could get to that point, which is very doubtful.

Listen, for Turkey to build anything, it has to be governed and managed by non-ethnic Turks which means people with no Turkish genes or chromosomes because the term TURK according to Mandell = ignorance and dead brain. Look yourself in the mirror and report back as to why you hate yourself so much . . ?

Plus, what is the issue about grey wolf yapping, and why you utter so much cussing words such as FVCK for example? Didn't your mamma teach you some manners to know how to interact or speak to strangers or even to your own creed with respect by showing class and civility. Bad mouthing is very inhumane it portrays inferiority complex and self hate, it shows your shallow mind as you learned nothing but bad words from the English language. In America, the Latin Americans folks especially Mexicans who come to USA illegally and live there for decades fail to make a living, as they cannot blend in the US society, thus they miss out in education, practical work skills development, and almost all fail to master both spoken and written English, and yet, they all know how to cuss and say FVCK YOU, just like you which shows that you're a real Turk.
I haven't even read any of this ...no doubt you have some excellent banter :lol: you really need it because that's all you have.

While you're trying to modernize F5s, we're modernizing F-16s to beyond Block 70 level. We're making a real fifth gen fighter while best you can do is this:

Unveiling_ceremony_of_Qaher-313_fighter_%2824%29.jpg

TURAF is not 10 years ahead of IRIAF, we're at least 50 years ahead. No amount of insults or funny emojis will change that.

So did South Korea with American fighter jets, them and China gained knowledge through manufacturing of such and latter had original designs for decades.
Exactly. Moreover, Iran should do like chinese did with J7 (Mig 21). Chinese industrie renewed it slowly, from wing to engine... avionics, radar, weaponry. And Kowsar it is the best candidate for it. Just that. Agree Kowsar can´t be a frontline heavy fighter jet. But can be the fighter that allow the IRIAF to enter in XXI century military aviation. Just that. Iran, like Chinese, has no allies or partners in their aviation industry. It is easy... everybody tries to avoid another military aviation producer. Iran must do alone. Sad but true.

Exactly. Moreover, Iran should do like chinese did with J7 (Mig 21). Chinese industrie renewed it slowly, from wing to engine... avionics, radar, weaponry. And Kowsar it is the best candidate for it. Just that. Agree Kowsar can´t be a frontline heavy fighter jet. But can be the fighter that allow the IRIAF to enter in XXI century military aviation. Just that. Iran, like Chinese, has no allies or partners in their aviation industry. It is easy... everybody tries to avoid another military aviation producer. Iran must do alone. Sad but true.
I would try to reverse engineer the F-14 if I'm honest. Kowsar isn't really viable as a manned platform.

It would be interesting to see Iranian F-14 copies flying with Russian engines.

But more important than discussion over platforms, Iran needs datalink technology. This is vital.
21st century warfare is network-centric warfare.

When every ground based radar is sharing data with every flying platfrom, then Iran will have a real air force.

Last edited:
before I get into your questions, I have a question of my own, where do you get these numbers?

1) Theoratically, the buyer could be a country that they are interested in the national defense of, like Poland for example.

2) 6th gen aircraft wil still be in development by 2030, and when they do become available, they won't be available to everyone and they will be prohibitively expensive. We're talking maybe 500 million dollars unit cost.

3) Only USA and China has 5th gen fighters right now. Russia is too difficult to predict, nobody knows what post-Putin Russia will look like. And if TFX is ready by 2030 it will still be 2-3 years before the production meets the demands of Turkish Air Force, come 2032 or 2033 we'll most probably have an indigenous engine for export. The rate at which TEI progresses is astounding.

4) Azerbaijan will still be around I can assure you that :) Iran hasn't successfully invaded a country in the last 100 years. If you try now, we'll kick your teeth in. You can look at the map for the countries that bought TB2, The demand for Turkish weapons is real. Many European countries such as Italy, Spain, Ukraine, Poland and Finland and many Asian countries such as Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines (we have already sold T-129 helicopters to Philippines with American engines) Maybe even Japan might be interested as a twin engine fighter to supplement their F35 Fleet they are already developing a sixth gen fighter but who knows.
Iran didn't even invaded a country in last 200 year . How you can be sure Iran would have been unsuccessful if they did that?

I would try to reverse engineer the F-14 if I'm honest. Kowsar isn't really viable as a manned platform
Why not if grippen is why not kowsar ?

It would be interesting to see Iranian F-14 copies flying with Russian engines.
Simply not gonna happen as the trend is light to medium fighters with advanced data link instead of big one like F14
Random photo of su-35s. It is rumoured that the first squadron of (4) su-35 jets will arrive in Iran in the coming weeks.
The rumour mill will spin and spin and spin

Last edited:

IRNA Exclusive

Iran Air Force pushing for enhancement, modernization

170347122.jpg

Tehran, IRNA - The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) continues to leap forward with the latest reports indicating that it plans to display new achievements in the coming days.

The new capabilities will be in the field of both manned and unmanned aircraft, according to the IRIAF’s Commander Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi.

"... the air force is growing (in power) and as I have stated before we must never stop for a moment because if we do, we will fall behind," Vahedi said in an interview with Mehr News agency.

Despite the fact that Iran has one of the lowest military budgets in the West Asia region, the circumstances have not prevented the country from enhancing its defensive powers as it has faced constant threats by the US and the Zionist regime in addition to severe and inhumane economic sanctions over the past decades.

The IRIAF is slated to take delivery of the first batch of the state-of-the-art Sukhoi Su-35 heavy air superiority fighter jets in the coming weeks.

The last time the force received advanced fighters of the similar class was in the mid-1970s, when the Grumman F-14A Tomcat fighter aircraft arrived in Iran.

Unlike the F-14A model which had very limited air-to-ground and air-to-sea capabilities and a pair of troublesome engines, the Su-35 is a fighter that excels in all types of missions.

Like its counterpart, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Aerospace Force (IRGCAF), the IRIAF has begun transitioning to modern warfare in the recent years by acquiring new armaments such as Kaman-22 and Kaman-12 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAVs), Yasin precision-guided glide bomb, Qader anti-ship missiles (AShM), Shahin jamming, self-protection pod, and the recently unveiled Asef land-attack cruise missile with an expected range of 2,000 km.

Furthermore, the IRIAF has also taken concrete steps to enhance survivability and second-strike capability by adopting passive defense strategies in form of building sophisticated, self-sustaining underground bases such as Oghab-44 strategic airbase.

In the field of manned aerial platforms, Iran has steadily worked on a decades-long project to domestically develop a light weight fighter jet using combat-proven designs such as that of Northrop F-5, as a starting block, a path often taken by other key powers such as India and China which helps by vastly lowering the needed resources.
Iran’s efforts have so far culminated in the introduction of Kowsar fourth-generation fighter jet, Yasin training jet, as well as the Simourgh light transport aircraft.

In addition to safeguarding the skies over the critical Persian Gulf region, the IRIAF has also played a pivotal role in defeating the US-sponsored terror groups such as the ISIS and carrying large volume of humanitarian aids to Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan in the past few years.

IRNA Exclusive

Iran Air Force pushing for enhancement, modernization

View attachment 928211

Tehran, IRNA - The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) continues to leap forward with the latest reports indicating that it plans to display new achievements in the coming days.

The new capabilities will be in the field of both manned and unmanned aircraft, according to the IRIAF’s Commander Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi.

"... the air force is growing (in power) and as I have stated before we must never stop for a moment because if we do, we will fall behind," Vahedi said in an interview with Mehr News agency.

Despite the fact that Iran has one of the lowest military budgets in the West Asia region, the circumstances have not prevented the country from enhancing its defensive powers as it has faced constant threats by the US and the Zionist regime in addition to severe and inhumane economic sanctions over the past decades.

The IRIAF is slated to take delivery of the first batch of the state-of-the-art Sukhoi Su-35 heavy air superiority fighter jets in the coming weeks.

The last time the force received advanced fighters of the similar class was in the mid-1970s, when the Grumman F-14A Tomcat fighter aircraft arrived in Iran.

Unlike the F-14A model which had very limited air-to-ground and air-to-sea capabilities and a pair of troublesome engines, the Su-35 is a fighter that excels in all types of missions.

Like its counterpart, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Aerospace Force (IRGCAF), the IRIAF has begun transitioning to modern warfare in the recent years by acquiring new armaments such as Kaman-22 and Kaman-12 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAVs), Yasin precision-guided glide bomb, Qader anti-ship missiles (AShM), Shahin jamming, self-protection pod, and the recently unveiled Asef land-attack cruise missile with an expected range of 2,000 km.

Furthermore, the IRIAF has also taken concrete steps to enhance survivability and second-strike capability by adopting passive defense strategies in form of building sophisticated, self-sustaining underground bases such as Oghab-44 strategic airbase.

In the field of manned aerial platforms, Iran has steadily worked on a decades-long project to domestically develop a light weight fighter jet using combat-proven designs such as that of Northrop F-5, as a starting block, a path often taken by other key powers such as India and China which helps by vastly lowering the needed resources.
Iran’s efforts have so far culminated in the introduction of Kowsar fourth-generation fighter jet, Yasin training jet, as well as the Simourgh light transport aircraft.

In addition to safeguarding the skies over the critical Persian Gulf region, the IRIAF has also played a pivotal role in defeating the US-sponsored terror groups such as the ISIS and carrying large volume of humanitarian aids to Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan in the past few years.

What is weird to me, is why Russia never said something about the deliveries or claims that Iran bought to them? Did Rosobonexport said something?

2 months ago Iran said it ordered the Su, but we never heard of Russia both confirming it

Will Russia deliver this time? Lets see in the next weeks. There was said that there was helicopters and anti-air stuff bought too

What is weird to me, is why Russia never said something about the deliveries or claims that Iran bought to them?
I also only read that Iran announced the purchase of su-35. But me dont think that Iran would make a fantasy announcment about su-35.

Iran didn't even invaded a country in last 200 year . How you can be sure Iran would have been unsuccessful if they did that?
Lack of experience.

Why not if grippen is why not kowsar ?

Simply not gonna happen as the trend is light to medium fighters with advanced data link instead of big one like F14

The rumour mill will spin and spin and spin
Gripen is kind of puny too though it still has better performance, especially the Gripen-E model.

And Gripen somewhat makes up for the lack of kinematic performance with high tech avionics. Still not a very successful design. Very, very few countries fly it.

Iran doesn't have the same level of technology so it should rely on brute force. F-14 with that big heavy radar and the capacity for the AIM-54 Phoenix missiles. Especially if Iran can make it work datalinked with the ground based radars would be much, much more useful than Kowsar.

So that's what I would do, I would buy lots of Russian engines and build F-14s with them.

As for Kowsar, I'd try to make it unmanned, a SATCOM antenna replacing the canpoy, rest of the cockpit filled with avionics, why not?

Back
Top Bottom