What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

You could not understand my post.I am not comparing China with any country.
In 1980s Chinese were open to jointly develop J10 fighter jet with us.
But Chinese were very immature in this field at that time so risk of failure was there.Seeing that risk of failure,Our PAF folks did not join J10 project.
But time has proved that our PAF folks made huge judgemental mistake.
And Chinese hard work brought them the success in J10 project.

In 2010s ,Turks were very open towards us to join their TFX project right from beginning but again seeing the risk of failure,PAF waited and waited,and now Turkey has developed most of critical technologies and even if we join them now,there is little to learn.

They are still open to us for joining as they need manpower but we are wasting time sitting idly.

Turkey is a new destination for our Engineers as we produce huge chunk of engineering graduates but due to non existent local industry,most of them end up in Europe and China
no. J-10 has nothing to do with Pakistan. China did not invite Pakistan to join the J-10 project. never.

And. Similar to the 055 and J-20 projects. The J-10 was a "confidential project" in the 1980s. The code name is "Project 10". It belongs to state secrets. Highly confidential (highest level). In the 1990s. Many Chinese people never even know about the J-10.

So. We don't know why Pakistan knows about China's highest military secrecy project. Why did China invite Pakistan to join China's military classified project.

emmm.......... So we believe that. Pakistan and Turkey are very suitable for cooperation. we wish TFX and AZM ultimate success.

Last edited:
We thought same about Chinese regarding their J10 project in 1980s(so did not join their J10 project and now ended up with JF 17)
Excuse me but Chinese were making soviet planes copies from early 50s, like Mig-15. So please keep yourself a bit more informed. Turkey has been producing UAVs only in the last 20 years.

Excuse me but Chinese were making soviet planes copies from early 50s, like Mig-15. So please keep yourself a bit more informed. Turkey has been producing UAVs only in the last 20 years.
example. "Project 055" is kept secret for 50 years. until 2018. The "Project 10" are kept secret for at least 20 years. until the 2000s.

so sorry. Chinese cannot imagine ~Today, China invited a country to join its confidential project. The next day, this country announced this confidential project to the whole world.

Last edited:
So did South Korea with American fighter jets, them and China gained knowledge through manufacturing of such and latter had original designs for decades.
There was J-12 that basically was a partizan/guerilla style fighter jet that to western world equivalent was F-5 Freedom Fighter before Tiger II that had radar.
If that jet was produced on mass scale before radar guided missiles and heat seekers were reliable enough then it would have been a swarm.

Anyway Iran could produce for example JF-17 tier fighter jet if industry and resources were invested akin to Yugoslavia did with M-84 MBT in order to produce it.
Iranians have the knowhow and all there is required is enough invested manpower, time and materials to achieve required scale and complexity.

Jahesh-700 turbofan is basically FJ33 that is downscaled FJ44 that is used to propel L-39NG.
Iran could develop jet akin to L-159 with competent radar and missiles as airspace patrol aircraft that fills in any gaps that ground radar network of Iran may have.

You already spent $ 1 billion to get KAAN (what a name man!) to Taxi on American engines with no working domestic subsystems (radar IRST etc)...The rule of Thumb is that you need another $ 8 to 9 billion dollars just the get it to production floor with foreign engine (2030 time frame) and you do not have any money either!.

Some hard questions:
1- If all goes well why would Americans give you an engine so that you come into their market (same issue to British and Russians and Chinese engines unless you produce your own which is doubt full considering extra huge $$$ needed and Tech that you do not have)

2- Why would anyone buy your Plane in 10 years time while 6th Gen aircraft will come to the market and 5th Gen will be offered at lower prices as US has now built 1000 of them so cost/unit is coming down by then.

3- First rate Aviation countries US ,RUSSIA, CHINA and UK already have their own 5th Gen with domestic engines. Why would anyone buy Turkish and South Korean Planes with foreign engines and foreign subsystems and therefore License restrictions of third parties
4- What is the grand strategy for this plane..Makes no sense for third rate Aviation countries like Turkey or south korea (second rates are France,Sweden,India, Israel, etc) to develop such a plane at such a cost. African or south americans cannot afford such a plane ..Is Turkey ( may be Azarbaijan if still around !) the only ones using it..does the country need such a plane because tinny Greece has F35 some day.
before I get into your questions, I have a question of my own, where do you get these numbers?

1) Theoratically, the buyer could be a country that they are interested in the national defense of, like Poland for example.

2) 6th gen aircraft wil still be in development by 2030, and when they do become available, they won't be available to everyone and they will be prohibitively expensive. We're talking maybe 500 million dollars unit cost.

3) Only USA and China has 5th gen fighters right now. Russia is too difficult to predict, nobody knows what post-Putin Russia will look like. And if TFX is ready by 2030 it will still be 2-3 years before the production meets the demands of Turkish Air Force, come 2032 or 2033 we'll most probably have an indigenous engine for export. The rate at which TEI progresses is astounding.

4) Azerbaijan will still be around I can assure you that :) Iran hasn't successfully invaded a country in the last 100 years. If you try now, we'll kick your teeth in. You can look at the map for the countries that bought TB2, The demand for Turkish weapons is real. Many European countries such as Italy, Spain, Ukraine, Poland and Finland and many Asian countries such as Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines (we have already sold T-129 helicopters to Philippines with American engines) Maybe even Japan might be interested as a twin engine fighter to supplement their F35 Fleet they are already developing a sixth gen fighter but who knows.

What goes around Iran is a concern for Iranians....so if that does not agree with French borne East Asian you can ship out my dear.
No, this thread should focus on Iranian Air Force developments. You are just inviting trolls from other countries (mainly Indian and Torkhe Khars) to spread shit in this thread.

No, this thread should focus on Iranian Air Force developments. You are just inviting trolls from other countries (mainly Indian and Torkhe Khars) to spread shit in this thread.
You are entitled to your opinion ..where is your Iranian flag..you are British living in England...may be another East Asian borne in England..

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion ..where is your Iranian flag..you are British living in England...may be another East Asian borne in England..
Obsessing over flags (while you yourself have a Canadian flag) and attacking others does not help anything. It is deeply regrettable that certain users are so quick to resort to personal attacks against each other while the enemy watches with joy. We should remain united to defend and support Iran in the face of the hordes of non-Iranian trolls. That is the bottom line.

before I get into your questions, I have a question of my own, where do you get these numbers?

1) Theoratically, the buyer could be a country that they are interested in the national defense of, like Poland for example.

2) 6th gen aircraft wil still be in development by 2030, and when they do become available, they won't be available to everyone and they will be prohibitively expensive. We're talking maybe 500 million dollars unit cost.

3) Only USA and China has 5th gen fighters right now. Russia is too difficult to predict, nobody knows what post-Putin Russia will look like. And if TFX is ready by 2030 it will still be 2-3 years before the production meets the demands of Turkish Air Force, come 2032 or 2033 we'll most probably have an indigenous engine for export. The rate at which TEI progresses is astounding.

4) Azerbaijan will still be around I can assure you that :) Iran hasn't successfully invaded a country in the last 100 years. If you try now, we'll kick your teeth in. You can look at the map for the countries that bought TB2, The demand for Turkish weapons is real. Many European countries such as Italy, Spain, Ukraine, Poland and Finland and many Asian countries such as Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines (we have already sold T-129 helicopters to Philippines with American engines) Maybe even Japan might be interested as a twin engine fighter to supplement their F35 Fleet they are already developing a sixth gen fighter but who knows.
Generally the design phase of any large military program is a small portion of the overall program..setting up production infrastructure and the actual production of parts is where the most of $$$ is spent..... I worked on a $ 5 billion dollar program (can not tell you what)..the design phase was less than $0.5 billion..the rest was production.

PS:F-35 program final tally was $ 200 billion..even though we know their programs are all full none required expenses.

Last edited:
Obsessing over flags (while you yourself have a Canadian flag) and attacking others does not help anything. It is deeply regrettable that certain users are so quick to resort to personal attacks against each other while the enemy watches with joy. We should remain united to defend and support Iran in the face of the hordes of non-Iranian trolls. That is the bottom line.
Sorry mate..I have an Iranian flag living in Canada..nothing to hide..if you are Iranian tell us something about yourself ..as it stand you are a British citizen living in England ..you could be anyone..

Sorry mate..I have an Iranian flag living in Canada..nothing to hide..if you are Iranian tell us something about yourself ..as it stand you are a British citizen living in England ..you could be anyone..
You are not the arbiter of who is Iranian or not and changing one flag on an anonymous online forum doesn't mean anything. Again I encourage all Iranians to be united and not attack each other.

Generally the design phase of any large military program is a small portion of the overall program..setting up production infrastructure and the actual production of parts is where the most of $$$ is spent..... I worked on a $ 5 billion dollar program (can not tell you what)..the design phase was less than $0.5 billion..the rest was production.

PS:F-35 program final tally was $ 200 billion..even though we know their programs are all full none required expenses.
OK, so you saw 1 Billion dollar figure somewhere and your personal estimation is that another 8-9 Billions will be spent for the whole program.

But this is much better than spending this money on a foreign fighter. Most of the subsystems developed for TFX will be used on other projects. F-16s will be modernized with Tulgar helmet, Probably combat variants of Hürjet too, many other components such as the AESA radar, flight computer, IRST, EOTS etc will be used on other projects And most of the money spent on this project will remain in Turkey.

When we finally have the engine, the same core will be used to power different platforms, civilian airliners, maybe even helicopters in the future.

Nevermind the fact that most, if not all of the money spent on this project could be recuperated by foreign sales. Let's not kid ourselves. Even Iran would be interested in a fighter like this

Last edited:
In theory yes, but at end of the day this makes sense for countries that are very large or when no one is willing to sell them military aircraft or anything else.

I agree, but sadly the same doner kebab merchants come and pollute this thread (and others) with their nonsense.

The only way this stops is if we do the same in the Torkhe Khar section.
I like the term Turke-Khar section. The name is very fitting to describe those toxic creatures. However, why would anyone waste time with subhumans who are unworthy to get human attention. Just ignore them but slap them silly when they misbehave, it's very simple. I have been using this therapy against them since they learned how to use computers "could you imagine that, they use computers" and entered the 21st century with their prehistoric mindsets.

OK, so you saw 1 Billion dollar figure somewhere and your personal estimation is that another 8-9 Billions will be spent for the whole program.

But this is much better than spending this money on a foreign fighter. Most of the subsystems developed for TFX will be used on other projects. F-16s will be modernized with Tulgar helmet, Probably combat variants of Hürjet too, many other components such as the AESA radar, flight computer, IRST, EOTS etc will be used on other projects And most of the money spent on this project will remain in Turkey.

When we finally have the engine, the same core will be used to power different platforms, civilian airliners, maybe even helicopters in the future.

Nevermind the fact that most, if not all of the money spent on this project could be recuperated by foreign sales. Let's not kid ourselves. Even Iran would be interested in a fighter like this
Very dumb statements from an illiterate loudmouth. In 2085 when Turkey starts making a fighter jet "any fighter jet", maybe then, Madagascar or Cambodia show some interest in your lousy product. That depends whether you could get to that point, which is very doubtful.

Listen, for Turkey to build anything, it has to be governed and managed by non-ethnic Turks which means people with no Turkish genes or chromosomes because the term TURK according to Mandell = ignorance and dead brain. Look yourself in the mirror and report back as to why you hate yourself so much . . ?

Plus, what is the issue about grey wolf yapping, and why you utter so much cussing words such as FVCK for example? Didn't your mamma teach you some manners to know how to interact or speak to strangers or even to your own creed with respect by showing class and civility. Bad mouthing is very inhumane it portrays inferiority complex and self hate, it shows your shallow mind as you learned nothing but bad words from the English language. In America, the Latin Americans folks especially Mexicans who come to USA illegally and live there for decades fail to make a living, as they cannot blend in the US society, thus they miss out in education, practical work skills development, and almost all fail to master both spoken and written English, and yet, they all know how to cuss and say FVCK YOU, just like you which shows that you're a real Turk.

Back
Top Bottom