What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

So much gibberish written over pages and pages of this thread during recent months about the alleged "uselessness" of the Su-35S's radar and electronics, about it lacking AESA technology, about it being a piece of trash, bla bla bla. Turns out reality's a pretty different story, isn'it.

Lesson for neutral readers to take the "muh, Russian equipment so much inferior to western equivalents" narrative with a dose of salt whenever they're confronted with it.
Ultimately its not like iran really has that much choice to begin with,the west certainly isnt going to supply iran with new 4th gen+ fighters and strike aircraft,and the financial costs of iran trying to develop a heavyweight fighter on its own would be ruinous,not to mention a shocking waste of resources that would be better spent on other weapons systems.
This is potentially the first serious opportunity that iran has had in the last 30-40 years to rebuild and modernise the airforce for the next 20+ years.

let me make a challange outside that poster find me any other photo of su-35 with them
Sure,here you go....
xWGcfM8.jpg

Su-35S-in-Syria.jpg

Resim-s19.jpg

Unless of course this is something else that just happens to be in the exact same place.

Now I dont know if every su35 has this system fitted,but its clear that some of them certainly do,at least judging by the pics out there.

Sure,here you go....
xWGcfM8.jpg

Su-35S-in-Syria.jpg

Resim-s19.jpg

Unless of course this is something else that just happens to be in the exact same place.

Now I dont know if every su35 has this system fitted,but its clear that some of them certainly do,at least judging by the pics out there.
well let say it like this thats The Type 4283MP IFF interrogator has an active electronic scanning array (AESA) located along the wing leading edges.. it can't be used for tracking targets

media%2FFc7d1c-WIAI49rP.jpg

Maybe the airforce has finally [belatedly] decided to get itself a piece of the [aero-ballistic] missile pie.
God knows,its better late than never.

media%2FFc7d1c-WIAI49rP.jpg

Maybe the airforce has finally [belatedly] decided to get itself a piece of the [aero-ballistic] missile pie.
God knows,its better late than never.
you think those tanks are also belong to airforce ?
since when we mark our missiles with hand ? more like a prank

Russian lack of capacity to fulfill domestic and export needs! Not because the technology is not there.
Yes exactly, it's not a question of whether can make an AESA radar at all but whether they can actually make them in numbers to deliver to a potential buyer. How many Byelka radars/Su-57s have been produced? 6? We're not dealing with the Soviet Union anymore, Russia is putting rubber blocks instead of explosives in their tanks in Ukraine. How do you expect them to deliver ~60 fighters to Iran when they aren't even meeting domestic demand? Are they going to sell us RuAF stocks while they're at war?

But regardless why are people comparing wing root AESA with nose-mounted radar? You've got maybe a fraction of the TRMs that a full nose-mounted radar would have. It's there to maybe pick up something in the aircraft's "peripheral vision," not to track targets, that's the job of the Irbis-E.

Not shocking, like I've been saying, these aircraft do not meet Iran's needs.

Yes exactly, it's not a question of whether can make an AESA radar at all but whether they can actually make them in numbers to deliver to a potential buyer. How many Byelka radars/Su-57s have been produced? 6? We're not dealing with the Soviet Union anymore, Russia is putting rubber blocks instead of explosives in their tanks in Ukraine. How do you expect them to deliver ~60 fighters to Iran when they aren't even meeting domestic demand? Are they going to sell us RuAF stocks while they're at war?

But regardless why are people comparing wing root AESA with nose-mounted radar? You've got maybe a fraction of the TRMs that a full nose-mounted radar would have. It's there to maybe pick up something in the aircraft's "peripheral vision," not to track targets, that's the job of the Irbis-E.

Not shocking, like I've been saying, these aircraft do not meet Iran's needs.

First of all Hack Hook said that su-35 didnt have AESA at all and made it out that Russia cant make these. These all turned out to be lies! Also, where the hell have you got 60 from?! Drmeson? These rumours started with Russia allegedly selling us Egypt's unwanted batch of 24 Su-35, which are already made and ready to sell! These 24 will be enough to fill in the gap and get ourselves aclimtised to a REAL 4th gen aircraft, not a Peykan with a Ferrari dashboard stuck inside of it! Great for R+D and developing our own indegenous designs. You eslatalabha are setting us up for failure, its so see-through and tactless that it's embarrassing.

And is there a habit on this forum of name dropping random planes that arent even in discussion? Who the hell is talking about Su-57 and Byelka? Why show a post about Su-30 when were discussing Su-35?! False equivocation does not win you arguments, it just makes you look desperate to be honest! Russia has the ability to make Zhuk AE AESA for their flankers. And whats stopping Iran transfering its AESA technology for Bavar 373 and using it on their aircraft? Because from where Im sitting, IRIS-B is better than anything Iran has on its planes currently.

Last edited:
as you say the technology is there and india trey to make its own , the key is the technology is there but not implemented , and they had to dumb down mig-35 because they could not produce it in numbers as they relied on S. /korea for the componnent and they sanctioned them under usa pressure.

also i don't even remember usa put any pressure on india for not buying reussian equipment , the reason is simple Su-30MKI meet india needs in 90s but situation changed it wont meet their need in 20s and russia for more than 15 years failed to provide india with AESA they wanted and india right now have no AESA of its own they try to build , but who knew when it become ready and they saw what happened in the war with pakistan and said to themselves enough is enough and went with french airplane .

you and your evidences . the fact it is being shipped and offered with Zhuk-ME is proof enough for me , they don't offer it with Zhuk A/AE anymore

don't make me laugh

do you knew how many Byelka radar they have managed to produce , let me tell, you can count them with fingers of both your hand , now do you want me to tell you how many airplane AESA radar china. USA , Britain or Italy produced till today , you can't count them thats the difference in industrial production capabuility of those countries and russia

Not beings able to produce it in number because of a war is not the same as saying "Su-35 dont have AESA, Russia weak, America stronk"! The question is such system could well be on the 24 we are realistically rumoured to get, because they were intended for Egypt and already made.

The Indians modded their own planes without Russian approval or oversight which is what lead to them failing and not meeting needs. It's not Russia's fault that Indian pilots are inept at using PESA radar. So with political pressure, in came the west with shiny new toy for the Indians and eventually they were snake charmed away. They still believe in flankers hence why theyre going through the trouble of putting their own ghozmit AESA on their flankers...if what you say is true they needn't bother. So out of touch as per usual.

Yes intelligent people use evidence not what some nobody on a forum is shoving down my throat. Get me evidence that it is cancelled for mig-35 or claim rejected.

Are faghat bekhand, barikallah. Neshoon mide harfaye zede nagheezet bedoone sanad hast, va baraye hamin dala'el harfat bateleh. Sooghoot kardee!

There you go again slurping the west and china, something we cant dream of getting. The system for Su-57 is different for flankers, you do know that right?

First of all Hack Hook said that su-35 didnt have AESA at all and made it out that Russia cant make these. These all turned out to be lies! Alse where the hell have you got 60 from?! Drmeson? These rumours started with Russia allegedly selling us Egypt's unwanted batch of 24 Su-35, which are already made and ready to sell! These 24 will be enough to fill in the gap and get ourselves aclimtised to a REAL 4th gen aircraft, not a Peykan with a Ferrari dashboard stuck inside of it! Great for R+D and developing our own indegenous designs. You eslatalabha are setting us up for failure, its so see-through and tactless that it's embarrassing.

And is there a habit on this forum of name dropping random planes that arent even in discussion? Who the hell is talking about Su-57 and Byelka? Why show a post about Su-30 when were discussing Su-35?! False equivocation does not win you arguments, it just makes you look desperate to be honest! Russia has the ability to make Zhuk AE AESA for their flankers. And whats stopping Iran transfering its AESA technology for Bavar 373 and using it on their aircraft? Because from where Im sitting, IRIS-B is better than anything Iran has on its planes currently.
No they can make AESA radars just not in large numbers as demonstrated by the fact they have only made 6 Su-57s with Byelka AESA radars. 24 Su-35 is an even more useless number than 60. All this discussion is based on rumors, planes like Su-30 are relevant to the discussion because we cannot assume Russia is willing to sell us Su-35.

Again you're the one obsessed with Kowsar. It's time to move one from the platform to an to a new fully indigenous platform but how will you do that with if you spend all your budget on Su-35?

No they can make AESA radars just not in large numbers as demonstrated by the fact they have only made 6 Su-57s with Byelka AESA radars. 24 Su-35 is an even more useless number than 60. All this discussion is based on rumors, planes like Su-30 are relevant to the discussion because we cannot assume Russia is willing to sell us Su-35.

Again you're the one obsessed with Kowsar. It's time to move one from the platform to an to a new fully indigenous platform but how will you do that with if you spend all your budget on Su-35?

Your assumptions that we are not getting them are no more credible than the rumours that we are. We are talking about hypothetically getting Su-35s, which would be bettet than what we have. 0 is also more useless than 24, catch my drift?

Stop bringing up Byelka! It is a different family of system specifically for 5th Generation aircraft:

And Zhuk-MA and AM is different and used for migs and for older flankers:

Stop comparing apples and oranges, it doesn't add to your argument and they are not relevant. No Su-30 is not the same as an Su-35, again it shows how willing you are to bend the truth just to pull the wool over people's eyes. So, no, not relevant.

You're the guys who keep shoving Kowsar down my throat! Its you who are obsessed. Has Iran had any luck in making a new platform? Or do you think they may need some help? How do you know "all our money" will be thrown to buying these 24 jets? Have you seen our finances? Or are you slurping anti-Iran propaganda?! We're a bigger economy than Saudi Arabia and they have 5th Gen Aircraft! So the money is there for procuring new jets and developing our own indegenous aircraft.

What’s with the F4 Sm you mentioned many times?
What’s so special about it?

Cruise missiles and drones at the same time?
I think you mean cruise missile that can change its target and mission and route during flight and that’s not a new thing in the world.

And about the red drone,yes we saw it in an exhibition recently but nobody knows if it has any unique features
No, I'm talking about another much more important red drone

The F-4 is based on a new cell, new electronics, modification of the cockpit, modification of the input of a new engine trying, new radar and more

Back
Top Bottom