What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

people who were dreamt of egyptian Su-35 accept my sincere condulences

They weren’t Egyptian SU-35’s. No where in that article does it say they were. In fact article is a little bit late in saying Egypt MAY cancel their order. They already did, did they not?

Notable improvements over the Su-27 include new far more powerful engines with thrust vectoring capabilities, a much extended endurance, over quadruple the detection range against aircraft, integration of the Irbis-E phased array radar and twin AESA radars in its wing roots, a high composite airframe and entirely new avionics providing compatibility with a range of new weapons.

Seems like a fighter jet worth adding even 24 of them.

Again I will reserve judgment till they actually land in Iran. I already have gone on record supporting SU-35S purchase if possible.

Wether Iran does it or Russia allows it who knows.

They weren’t Egyptian SU-35’s. No where in that article does it say they were. In fact article is a little bit late in saying Egypt MAY cancel their order. They already did, did they not?

Notable improvements over the Su-27 include new far more powerful engines with thrust vectoring capabilities, a much extended endurance, over quadruple the detection range against aircraft, integration of the Irbis-E phased array radar and twin AESA radars in its wing roots, a high composite airframe and entirely new avionics providing compatibility with a range of new weapons.

Seems like a fighter jet worth adding even 24 of them.

Again I will reserve judgment till they actually land in Iran. I already have gone on record supporting SU-35S purchase if possible.

Wether Iran does it or Russia allows it who knows.
Su-35 certainly don't have AESA radar at the root of the wings , the writer mixed su-57 with su-35

Su-35 certainly don't have AESA radar at the root of the wings , the writer mixed su-57 with su-35

Unlike the Irbis-E which uses both electronic and mechanical scanning, these two sensors embedded in the its wings’ leading edged are Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars. The twin N036B-1-01 L-band radars provide increased angular coverage, and are ideal for tracking stealth targets and for electronic warfare. AESA radars are not only more powerful than passively scanned array designs, but are also much more difficult to jam. The L-band operates in the 1.0 Ghz to 2.0 Ghz region of the radio spectrum with wavelengths of 15-30 cm, which is much longer than X-band radars of 8-12 Ghz frequency. These long wave radars are considered much more capable of detecting stealth aircraft, as most stealth fighters are optimised to evade X-band radar waves.

1663618217778.jpeg

This is false since Russia has AESA technology via Phazotron's Zukh-AE which was upgraded on Indian Su-30MKI. It is said that it isnt as good as US technology, which leads me to believe the AESA on Kowsar is also subpar. No point in putting something subpar on their main Su-35 fleet, because of cost, but is something we will see in the future.

Unlike the Irbis-E which uses both electronic and mechanical scanning, these two sensors embedded in the its wings’ leading edged are Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars. The twin N036B-1-01 L-band radars provide increased angular coverage, and are ideal for tracking stealth targets and for electronic warfare. AESA radars are not only more powerful than passively scanned array designs, but are also much more difficult to jam. The L-band operates in the 1.0 Ghz to 2.0 Ghz region of the radio spectrum with wavelengths of 15-30 cm, which is much longer than X-band radars of 8-12 Ghz frequency. These long wave radars are considered much more capable of detecting stealth aircraft, as most stealth fighters are optimised to evade X-band radar waves.

View attachment 880940

thats part of Byelka radar it consist of N036 at the nose of the airplane and two N036L-1-01 on the side of the forward body and two N036B-1-01 at the front of the wing .
as far as im aware only 6 produced and they are used in Su-57 . if they also added it to Su-35 its news to me

This is false since Russia has AESA technology via Phazotron's Zukh-AE which was upgraded on Indian Su-30MKI. It is said that it isnt as good as US technology, which leads me to believe the AESA on Kowsar is also subpar. No point in putting something subpar on their main Su-35 fleet, because of cost, but is something we will see in the future.
first kowsar don't have AESA .the radar is based on Grifo-346
second that radar was built for mig-29
third they had to cabcel AESA radar for Mig-35 because they were not able to produce it and no Su-35 uses Ibris-E which is PESA

Last edited:
thats part of Byelka radar it consist of N036 at the nose of the airplane and two N036L-1-01 on the side of the forward body and two N036B-1-01 at the front of the wing .
as far as im aware only 6 produced and they are used in Su-57 . if they also added it to Su-35 its news to me

It’s always had the two side AESAs (at least in the S variant). I tried to tell you guys and posted pictures.

1663620056292.jpeg

Ausairpowers Carlo Kopp wrote about it waaay back in 2009
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-06.html
its kind of weird how everyone seems to have forgotten about this as it was publicly unveiled back at MAKS 2009

So much gibberish written over pages and pages of this thread during recent months about the alleged "uselessness" of the Su-35S's radar and electronics, about it lacking AESA technology, about it being a piece of trash, bla bla bla. Turns out reality's a pretty different story, isn'it.

Lesson for neutral readers to take the "muh, Russian equipment so much inferior to western equivalents" narrative with a dose of salt whenever they're confronted with it.

first kowsar don't have AESA .the radar is based on Grifo-346
second that radar was built for mig-29
third they had to cabcel AESA radar for Mig-35 because they were not able to produce it and no Su-35 uses Ibris-E which is PESA

But Iran has AESA technology which they could use but they dont on any of their planes. Why? And why are you bringing up Mig-35?

So, Russian AESA are being used for Indian Su-30MKI right now because "they are not able to produce it"?! Did they grow on trees? The evidence is that Russia does have AESA and can be used for Su-35. So you were lying/misinformed this whole time and now its exposed. Learn from it!

It’s always had the two side AESAs (at least in the S variant). I tried to tell you guys and posted pictures.

View attachment 880942

Ausairpowers Carlo Kopp wrote about it waaay back in 2009
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-06.html
its kind of weird how everyone seems to have forgotten about this as it was publicly unveiled back at MAKS 2009

So much gibberish written over pages and pages of this thread during recent months about the alleged "uselessness" of the Su-35S's radar and electronics, about it lacking AESA technology, about it being a piece of trash, bla bla bla. Turns out reality's a pretty different story, isn'it.

Lesson for neutral readers to take the "muh, Russian equipment so much inferior to western equivalents" narrative with a dose of salt whenever they're confronted with it.
one small problem . you don't use L-Band radar for tracking , its X-Band that is favorite in that regard. second have you guys read the article . it says NIIP built such array , it even say it can be put on Su-27 , don't tell me you believe su-27 also have AESA radar .

the option was there since 2011 , but it was not used unless sukhoi - 57, by the way the way russia implemented those units provide higher angle of coverage but , at the expense of range
and look at the number of units here
article_6199f0a2cd8365_55501965.jpeg

and compare them with the numbers here
article_6199f0d0727e20_16087855.jpg

tell you about the efficiency of radar
and more importantly look at this Su-35s from frontal view
su35s.jpg

do you see any N036B-1-01 there ? there is no accesspanel in leading edge flaps of su-35s for them in su-57 you see those accesspanels
ta6w0lsgknx61.jpg

let me make a challange outside that poster find me any other photo of su-35 with themand this is how those L-band Radar work
in short if they find anything , its up to Ibris-E to track it
There are two N036 L-band phased array radars on the movable leading-edge flaps. Their detection range is equivalent to that of the N036 main fire control radar, and the wider-wavelength L-band has a stronger ability to detect targets than the X-band. However, because of the wide wavelength, the L-band radar has low accuracy and can only provide the approximate coordinates of the target.

N036L can only detect the target’s range and azimuth information as a flap radar but cannot measure the height. In other words, after the N036L radar finds the target, the X-band radar on the nose still needs to search by itself.

also again remain the russia production capability , don't forget they had to dumb down mig-35 radar
In addition, the gallium arsenide components of the active phased array radar used by the Su-57 are still produced in South Korea. Not long ago, the exporter Seoul Semiconductor Corporation of South Korea, under pressure from the United States, has announced that it would stop selling high-performance gallium arsenide semiconductor equipment to Russia.

The export ban will affect the production of the Su-57’s radar and other types of equipment such as Su-35’s radar.

But Iran has AESA technology which they could use but they dont on any of their planes. Why? And why are you bringing up Mig-35?

So, Russian AESA are being used for Indian Su-30MKI right now because "they are not able to produce it"?! Did they grow on trees? The evidence is that Russia does have AESA and can be used for Su-35. So you were lying/misinformed this whole time and now its exposed. Learn from it!
india cancelled order for more Su-30mki , they wanted AESA , did they get it? last time i checked they werde still using this one
the radar fiasco was one of the reason india ditched sukhoi for rafale and right now india have love intrest with Rafale.

and i bring mig-35 to point out that rusia is not capable to produce enough AESA radar for its jet . and had to cancel the AESA on mig-35 to be able to produce enough T/R mudule for Su-57

Last 10 days,it is reported that air bridge was been observed,Iranian cargo aircrafts landing near Moscow,from begining of Ukraine war there was unusualy high number of Iranian flights to Russia,in just few months more flights than in years,but last 10 days was even more frequent. There was never better time for Iran to got what it want from Russia,and high chance to get it in exchange for Iranian products. Iran needs temporary solution,there is no chance it can rebuild its airforce for short time,so SU35 would boost significatly Iran defense capabilites. These deals rearly came alone,so it would probably follow with cooperation on other fields,but we will see. I remeber deals with Russia from 2005 or 2006 when Tor was negotiate,they promised bunch of things that never saw light of the day,Russia used many those deals to blackmail west and trade it,but this is different time..

india cancelled order for more Su-30mki , they wanted AESA , did they get it? last time i checked they werde still using this one
the radar fiasco was one of the reason india ditched sukhoi for rafale and right now india have love intrest with Rafale.

and i bring mig-35 to point out that rusia is not capable to produce enough AESA radar for its jet . and had to cancel the AESA on mig-35 to be able to produce enough T/R mudule for Su-57

Yes they are shifting to western jets due to western pressure and Russian lack of capacity to fulfill domestic and export needs! Not because the technology is not there. Also there is no evidence that Su-30MKI dont have AESA capability. In fact India is trying to make its own AESA for their Su-30s. There is also no evidence that AESA has been cancelled for Mig-35 program:

The issue is it is on hold because of cost and that Russian PESA is relatively close to AESA capabilities. So this whole BS about Su-35s not having AESA capability is a lie, it's just that Russians are tight fisted with it and rightly so.

Yes they are shifting to western jets due to western pressure and Russian lack of capacity to fulfill domestic and export needs! Not because the technology is not there. Also there is no evidence that Su-30MKI dont have AESA capability. In fact India is trying to make its own AESA for their Su-30s. There is also no evidence that AESA has been cancelled for Mig-35 program:
as you say the technology is there and india trey to make its own , the key is the technology is there but not implemented , and they had to dumb down mig-35 because they could not produce it in numbers as they relied on S. /korea for the componnent and they sanctioned them under usa pressure.

also i don't even remember usa put any pressure on india for not buying reussian equipment , the reason is simple Su-30MKI meet india needs in 90s but situation changed it wont meet their need in 20s and russia for more than 15 years failed to provide india with AESA they wanted and india right now have no AESA of its own they try to build , but who knew when it become ready and they saw what happened in the war with pakistan and said to themselves enough is enough and went with french airplane .
There is also no evidence that AESA has been cancelled for Mig-35 program:
you and your evidences . the fact it is being shipped and offered with Zhuk-ME is proof enough for me , they don't offer it with Zhuk A/AE anymore

The issue is it is on hold because of cost and that Russian PESA is relatively close to AESA capabilities.
don't make me laugh
So this whole BS about Su-35s not having AESA capability is a lie, it's just that Russians are tight fisted with it and rightly so.
do you knew how many Byelka radar they have managed to produce , let me tell, you can count them with fingers of both your hand , now do you want me to tell you how many airplane AESA radar china. USA , Britain or Italy produced till today , you can't count them thats the difference in industrial production capabuility of those countries and russia

Back
Top Bottom