What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I dont think the original MFDs on the tomcat are compatible with the EO and IR seekers. Those might need to be replaced by newer RGB MFDs. Anyway I think Iran is very well capable of modernising the tomcat with completely new digital avionics and a full modernization of the radar, and I think some of them already recieved such an upgrade, but there is no evidence.
every MFD which can show images the images of missile/bomb seeker is sufficient:
armyfan.official_1558889929233.jpg

most of the job is done by the missile itself, you just have to give it the target.

It seems that the nose is larger, but it could be a consequence of some manipulations of the photo on which the presence of at least one technician has been "censored"
The white arrow indicates the legs and part of the body, but the pink arrow indicates that the rest of the body and the technician's face cannot be seen.

WhfrYhJ.jpg

9fCjewD.jpg

It seems that the nose is larger, but it could be a consequence of some manipulations of the photo on which the presence of at least one technician has been "censored"
The white arrow indicates the legs and part of the body, but the pink arrow indicates that the rest of the body and the technician's face cannot be seen.

WhfrYhJ.jpg

9fCjewD.jpg

Sorry, my mistake, looking at a more detailed photo, one of the technicians' censorship must be excluded.
I was deceived by the angle of the first image, in this it is evident that part of the face and body cannot be seen as it is working at the jet engine propelling nozzle.
SDTUukl.jpg

However, this aircraft shows numerous differences compared to the first prototype that flew in 2019

Inside the building it seems to see the template for making the wings
5HNoltO.jpg

دوستان تحریم ها ممکنه لغو بشه یا نشه یا امر بین الامرین​

ولی یه چیزی از من گفتن​

پشت گوشتونو دیدین سوخو و میگم تو ایران میبینین​

Yes, even the ex defence minister Dehghan had said Iran had no interest in this fighter jet. Inshallah we will see a giant leap in our air force in the near future. Just like how we're bombarded with constant good news in the air defence, missile, UAV fields, one day this will be a similar case in our airforce.

Yes, even the ex defence minister Dehghan had said Iran had no interest in this fighter jet. Inshallah we will see a giant leap in our air force in the near future. Just like how we're bombarded with constant good news in the air defence, missile, UAV fields, one day this will be a similar case in our airforce.
That’s a relief tbh. Personally I am one of those strongly against any type of larger defense purchase. We can build everything ourselves. Resources. Knowledge. Time. That’s all it takes. And for every year we have more of it.

That’s a relief tbh. Personally I am one of those strongly against any type of larger defense purchase. We can build everything ourselves. Resources. Knowledge. Time. That’s all it takes. And for every year we have more of it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has the Iranian parliament not barred the purchase of foreign defence hardwares? Or am I mistaken? I agree, given how cost effectively Iran is developing extremely advanced systems such as missiles, air defence and so on, I find it hard to envisage Iran dishing out billions to purchase anything. A fighter jet deal may be signed, but that will certainly have to involve Transfer Of Technology (TOT) and/or in house manufacturing. Again, these are the words of ex DM Dehghan.

i personally hope we can reverse engineer the Pratt and Whitney TF-30 in near future. this would be a real leap in our aviation industry.

I feel Iran would have allocated various teams to start the reverse engineering studies of different type of aircraft engines years ago. I have no doubt most of these major jet engines like RD-33 have been years in the reverse engineering process. Iran has known for decades how important and of a bottle-neck jet engine technology is. We will see new engines soon. I recall few years ago Dehghan stated they are working on an engine with 4x the thrust of the OWJ. From what I recall, we have gone past the time the jet was expected to be ready, maybe it is but they have not revealed it yet. Then again given how complex this field is, delays are almost always inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom