What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

While it’s possible Iran could stun the world with a fighter aircraft. It’s very unlikely.

Iran lacks the sensor suite and engines need to for bigger aircraft.

Iran will likely try to modernize via Russia. Maybe it can partner with Russia on a joint fighter, even if Russia backs out, the knowledge Iran will gain will be better than nothing.

Though India had a lot of issues on the joint SU-57 project. Likely because Russians didn’t trust Indians with sensitive info that could be transferred over to USA.

Iran lacks the sensor suite and engines need to for bigger aircraft.

i think engines should be not the problem, @yavar once mentioned, if it comes to engines, Iran has SU-35 level technology (Saturn AL-31/A-41)

however, Iran lacks in level design and characteristics, body infrastructure, avionics

Last edited:
i think engines should be not the problem, @yavar once mentioned, if it comes to engines, Iran has SU-35 level technology (Saturn AL-31/A-41)

however, Iran lacks in level design and characteristics, body infrastructure, avionics

LOL Iran does not have AL-31 technology. yavar spreads propaganda. 90% of his predictions never come true. I remember quite well from the IMF days. Don’t ruin your credibility by making such outlandish claims.

The best Iran has been able to do up to this point is J-85 engine. It’s possible in future it may get to RD-33 level, but without another country helping Iran there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell it gets to 5th gen engine level. Not even China is at that point and they have been making planes since the ‘60s.

Advanced turbofan technology is now limited to US and Russia. Even China and France are consumers.

China could use its own engine but the quality was not as good. Iran will make something soon and it will improve over time. We have only one option. At least, we are ahead of India and Tejas.

The Iranian RD33 is already done. Thelmmortal's comments on the subject of Iranian combat aircraft are pathetic. Don't worry Iran has gone further than you think in aircraft technology.

Iran will likely try to modernize via Russia. Maybe it can partner with Russia on a joint fighter, even if Russia backs out, the knowledge Iran will gain will be better than nothing.
I seem to recall iran trying a somewhat similar route previously back in the [?]1990s,I also recall that it didnt work out very well for rather obvious reasons.....
Irans only REAL options at this point are either full license production of either the su-30 or su-27sm3 or the chinese Shenyang J-16[assuming its available for export that is]
Another option from china would be the latest version of the J-10,tho as a single engine fighter this would be limited to replacing/augmenting the mig29/mirage f1 fleet.
But anything less than FULL COMPLETE LOCAL PRODUCTION in iran is simply an unacceptable risk of ultimately ending up wasting huge amounts of time,money and effort,because sadly BOTH russia and china have shown themselves to be very unreliable in this respect and until they can prove that they are trustworthy partners in this field it would be complete utter folly to agree to anything less than full complete local production of fighter aircraft in iran.

In 2013, Yavar surprised us by his observation on Qaher before it was unveiled. Most of us were waiting for a heavy aircraft.

Iran can have a great light weight fighter plane by marrying HESA Kowsar with Mirage F1.

Come on dadash, don't leave us hanging like this. Tell me more :D
bro there are some low voices circling in military community about new stuff.
but I can't tell what exactly. because if I do and IRIAF does not announce it I would feel like potato:D:D
so just know something is happening.

but I can't tell what exactly. because if I do and IRIAF does not announce it I would feel like potato:D:D

Lets hope we see something juicy. :D

Lets hope it's not another Qaher 313 :D

They have hopefully learned their lesson when it comes to revealing a project at a very early stage, and if they do, they should do a better job at making it clear that it is a mockup et cetera. Qaher was a real military project that became a victim of politicians. One thing Iran has yet to do satisfactorily is advertising its military hardware to the world (minus its missiles). Many nations around Iran with far less indigenous capability are advertising their achievements quite well. I hope that once the arms embargo is lifted Iran will become much more proficient in advertisement of its capability and start to earn revenue by exporting. It is not just the revenue that is to be gained, when you export your technology, you start to greatly shift the world's perception toward your country's technological and industrial prowess.

Just clarify my one question,

The new stuff will it be brand new concept or the previous projects/ mockup/CAD we had seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom