What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Something like this.....
upload_2020-5-27_22-0-44.png

continuing in the hypotheses, for this photoshop I used a delta wing very similar to that of the photo posted previously, the first using the fuselage of the F-5E, the second the fuselage of the Kowsar / F-5F but
single-seat, and in the third always the fuselage of the Kowsar f-5F but single-seat with canard wings front.

Q04GXJo.jpg

I believe it is unlikely we will see such alterations made to the F-5 platform. Listening to General Aziz Nasirzadeh and marrying that with other sporadic information available online, I get the feeling going forward their focus will be on a heavier fighter jet. From what he said, they are even working on stealthy designs. Even other nations that have no history of developing fighters jets are working on 5th generation platform. Iran, with the adequate funding and some help from the outside is more than capable of producing a garden variety stealth fighter.

continuing in the hypotheses, for this photoshop I used a delta wing very similar to that of the photo posted previously, the first using the fuselage of the F-5E, the second the fuselage of the Kowsar / F-5F but
single-seat, and in the third always the fuselage of the Kowsar f-5F but single-seat with canard wings front.

Q04GXJo.jpg
poor engines , they are suffocating .
do you knew what a havoc you made in air turbulence by putting those canards just in front of the engine intake.

by the way before make those changes to the airplane at least increase the number of the engines to 4 or those two j-85 will be severely lacking for the new design

poor engines , they are suffocating .
do you knew what a havoc you made in air turbulence by putting those canards just in front of the engine intake.
......omissis
yes, front of the engine intake, but higher

Another one was the mirage based atlas cheetah,which used fixed canards that attached to the over wing intakes:
slide35-n.jpg
but if you add canard to the air intake itself and use canard, the intake structure will experience tensions which in original design it was not supposed to.
I'm mostly in favour of a Cranked delta wing like the ones on saab drakken.

Plz, enlighten me, what are the advantages of using delta wings on F5 ?

Plz, enlighten me, what are the advantages of using delta wings on F5 ?
you can read this for more information:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL
but the most important part is this:

These changes resulted in a 25% improvement in maximum lift-to-drag ratio in supersonic flight and 11% in subsonic flight, and a plane that reportedly handled much more smoothly at high speeds and low altitudes. The enlargements increased fuel capacity by 82%. The F-16XL could carry twice the ordnance of the F-16 and deliver it 40% farther.

but if you add canard to the air intake itself and use canard, the intake structure will experience tensions which in original design it was not supposed to.
I'm mostly in favour of a Cranked delta wing like the ones on saab drakken.
Yes,you would most definitely have to beef up the whole front section of the intake trunking.
Personally I think that probably the most original,not to mention potentially effective,concept of the moving canard was the rear hinged integrated canard on the pak fa.Its one of those things that when you see it you cant help but think."oh yeah,now why didnt I think of that!"[lol].Plus I think its a far more elegant solution than say the intake mounted canards on the chengdu j-20 for instance
dLmV5.jpg

It makes me wonder if it would be possible to do something similar with the leading edge extensions on the f5
J-3005.jpg

Yes,you would most definitely have to beef up the whole front section of the intake trunking.
Personally I think that probably the most original,not to mention potentially effective,concept of the moving canard was the rear hinged integrated canard on the pak fa.Its one of those things that when you see it you cant help but think."oh yeah,now why didnt I think of that!"[lol].Plus I think its a far more elegant solution than say the intake mounted canards on the chengdu j-20 for instance
dLmV5.jpg

It makes me wonder if it would be possible to do something similar with the leading edge extensions on the f5
J-3005.jpg
i don't think that the wing extension would act as canard because it's position is in the middle of fuselage. possibly a good flap though.

Back
Top Bottom