What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Well here my guess is they wanted to reduce the weight as much as possible . but what I'm interested is the efficacy of both system in war situation.
A TV guided system is harder to get warning against but on other hand I guess you loose fire and forget.

Laser is not fire and forget. Laser must be trained on target till Missile close enough to target, for fighter bomber jet that’s not a problem flying high. For a helicopter that puts it in harms way.

I believe TV guidance can eventually lock on target once at appropriate distance (center of image).

TV guidance should have greater distance, as laser beam loses effectiveness as distance passes and furthermore aerosol gas canisters can scatter beam further thus reducing its strength.

Nonetheless, no right or wrong answer. But cost shouldn’t be a factor

Laser is not fire and forget. Laser must be trained on target till Missile close enough to target, for fighter bomber jet that’s not a problem flying high. For a helicopter that puts it in harms way.

I believe TV guidance can eventually lock on target once at appropriate distance (center of image).

TV guidance should have greater distance, as laser beam loses effectiveness as distance passes and furthermore aerosol gas canisters can scatter beam further thus reducing its strength.

Nonetheless, no right or wrong answer. But cost shouldn’t be a factor
but isn't Hellfire a fire and forgot missile ?

1397111116211222216502524.jpg

1397111116211231616502524.jpg

I don’t know why but why Iran never touch their Fulcrums? Like has been over 20 years since they bough it but why they haven’t upgrade it?

Last edited:
I don’t know why but why Iran never touch their Fulcrums? Like has been over 20 years sincerely they bough it but why they haven’t upgrade it?
I hope that in the Near future Iran will upgrade its MiG-29 fleet with a similar radar as what they are upgrading the F-4 fleet with! I hope to see Iran also develop a new medium range Air to air missile to replace its old stock of Aim-7s and R-27s!

I would love to see Iran build atleast one squadron of the Kowsars/Saeqhehs with twin fins & a grey color scheme, much like the Bahraini, Netherland, Turkish, Swiss, Chilean, South Korean, etc. I mean the blue & traditional green/brown is alright, however I would much prefer the grey. Even repainting some of the Saeqhehs of Kowsars would be awesome in my opinion.

s1.jpg

Iranian twin fin Saeqheh F-5 traditional green, brown camouflage

s2.jpg

Iranian Saeqheh blue lightning color scheme

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s3.jpg

Bahraini single seat F-5 with grey color scheme

s7.jpg

Swiss F-5 with grey color scheme

s8.jpg

s9.jpg

Korean F-5 single seat with grey color scheme

s10.jpg

Chilean single seat F-5 with grey color scheme

s11.jpg

Swiss again

s12.jpg

Multiple Swiss single seat F-5's with grey color scheme

f12.jpg

Swiss single seat F-5 gliding through a mountainous terrain backdrop

s13.jpg

Swiss

s14.jpg

Swiss single seat F-5 from behind, carrying one sidewinder missile

Mig-23 in Iran !! surely it will be a former Iraqi MiG-23, but it's the first time I see it with the Iranian IRIAF insignia
3qXTzZm.jpg

observing the previous camouflage of the SU-22, the photo should have been taken a few years ago.
PS:
Some of the users know how many Iraqi Mig-23s have been transferred to Iran ?

Back
Top Bottom