What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Were the bombs supposed to land on the mock runway or next to it?

View attachment 940878

Likely on.

I’d see the same type of airstrikes by Russia in Syria. Slightly missing the mark.

Unless the simulation is to hit parked aircraft near the runway.
what you expect its iron bomb .

By contrast, Israeli airstrikes on Syrian runways are always unbelievably accurate. For example:
the beauty of precision guided bombs

Holding leaders to account for basics is a good thing, if others want weaknesses to remain, that is their problem and I hope they fail in that endeavour.
In a real war scenario, you would use ballistic missiles --> or stand off precision bombs --> or at least the upgraded fighters. for training, you would emphasize on the last option to increase the skills.

Some question from the last two discussions with Azarmehr on the MehrAein channel:

1) He suggested that kowsar could launch a fakour 90, if it were data linked to a tomcat and using its radar to guide the missile. If this is the case, could this also be done with some of the drones in Iran's inventory? Can the tomcats data link like that? What about the AM upgrades? Which drone could match speed and altitude with the tomcat in order for them to be carry extra fakours while also not slowing down the tomcat?
Also, could a nearby awacs platform also guide fakours launched from phantoms and kowsars and anything else?

2) He also said that even if all Iran got were glorified su-27s with no support or simulators or long range weapons, it would still be worth it because he believes Iran could quickly adapt it own weapons to be useful. How true is this and how long would this really take? Also without engine support, how long until Iran is able to reliably copy the engine outright or at least maintain them?
To add, if Iran could do this easily with engines and radar then why has there not been proper advancement in a domestic program and how can it be certain that proper funds and resources will be allocated to maintain the flankers without outside help? One advantage is the fact many countries operate this aircraft and Iran could bribe and smuggle parts and support from other sources if it needed.

Also without engine support, how long until Iran is able to reliably copy the engine outright or at least maintain them?
To add, if Iran could do this easily with engines and radar then why has there not been proper advancement in a domestic program and how can it be certain that proper funds and resources will be allocated to maintain the flankers without outside help? One advantage is the fact many countries operate this aircraft and Iran could bribe and smuggle parts and support from other sources if it needed.

If Iran could reliably copy an engine easily, it would have done the F-14 engine after 40 years of experience overhauling and maintaining. That engine could power various types of aircraft/drones.

It is extremely difficult to copy a jet engine without assistance from the manufacturer.

So far we have been able to OWJ and J-700.

It is possible with time and with enough resources and manpower devoted to the project. But I am unsure if Iran’s government is willing to put that much importance on this area of the armed forces.

If Iran could reliably copy an engine easily, it would have done the F-14 engine after 40 years of experience overhauling and maintaining. That engine could power various types of aircraft/drones.

It is extremely difficult to copy a jet engine without assistance from the manufacturer.

So far we have been able to OWJ and J-700.

It is possible with time and with enough resources and manpower devoted to the project. But I am unsure if Iran’s government is willing to put that much importance on this area of the armed forces.
That's what I'm thinking too. If enough resources would have been out into it, I'm certain the Tf30 could have been copied by now, but airforce resources were always limited. So either the airforce budget would have to grow substantially to indigenize the flankers or grow substantially to finally make the effort of a domestic engine and aircraft come to fruition. Either way, airforce would need vast resources which in turn would make domestic production more feasible (with proper discipline and management of course).
Another point is that enough aircraft would need to be purchased to make the effort worthwhile, so maybe 80 to 160 minimum rather than 24-60...

In a real war scenario, you would use ballistic missiles --> or stand off precision bombs --> or at least the upgraded fighters. for training, you would emphasize on the last option to increase the skills.
in training you use what you plan to use in real war , what's the use of training with something that you knew you don't use in actual war .
by the way in that photo my guess is the pilot did the job , but was not aware of the wind situation outside airplane and that wind is what is responsible for bombs falling outside target area

i hope they don't do that , the engine is simply too big for any airplane Iran hope to produce, if they want to go that route they better focus on RD-33

That's what I'm thinking too. If enough resources would have been out into it, I'm certain the Tf30 could have been copied by now, but airforce resources were always limited. So either the airforce budget would have to grow substantially to indigenize the flankers or grow substantially to finally make the effort of a domestic engine and aircraft come to fruition. Either way, airforce would need vast resources which in turn would make domestic production more feasible (with proper discipline and management of course).
Another point is that enough aircraft would need to be purchased to make the effort worthwhile, so maybe 80 to 160 minimum rather than 24-60...
you must consider one thing , its not airforce dutyu to build what it need , they gave a list of what they need to defense ministry , its their job to provide that

in training you use what you plan to use in real war , what's the use of training with something that you knew you don't use in actual war .
They practiced the worst case scenario where just pressing a button isn't an option anymore (let's say because of heavy EW), where they have to rely on the pilot's skill.

by the way in that photo my guess is the pilot did the job , but was not aware of the wind situation outside airplane and that wind is what is responsible for bombs falling outside target area
They do give the wind data to any pilot who is going to drop anything!

Officially the construction of the heavy fighter started in 2020, we must not forget that

The "development". Whereas me think that Iran can build the airframes, avionics, radar ect. for an heavy fighter, but there is still no info out that the engine for such a fighter is on the way in Iran. Ok, maybe Iran gets the engines from Russia, but for this there is also no info out there. And when it comes to Kowsar, me think even with the slow production there could be 12+.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom