What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Were the bombs supposed to land on the mock runway or next to it?

f-5.png

Saudis, with minimal ground forces (mostly foreigners)
In Syria they had an undercover recruit program, yet had gathered 150k fighters, against 70k fighters of resistance, what made you think they will recruit less in their open coallition and in a in their backyard!?

In Syria they had an undercover recruit program, yet had gathered 150k fighters, against 70k fighters of resistance, what made you think they will recruit less in their open coallition and in a in their backyard!?
Did you see many Saudi soldiers fighting in Aden or Marib or Sanaa?

By contrast, Israeli airstrikes on Syrian runways are always unbelievably accurate. For example:
Which is not that surprising if they were using cruise missiles as opposed to dumb bombs.
Part of the problem is that the iriaf doesnt really look to have upgraded its short ranged air launched pgms.
Its main one was the 70s era maverick,tho it looks like they`ve finally come up with an upgrade to give them day+night capability,altho how many of these old stocks have been upgraded is anyones guess.The same sorts of problems are likely also affecting the first generation of iranian built air launched pgms that were produced back in the mid 90s as these used a mish-mash of 70s,80s and 90s era technology,including daylight only maverick seekers.
In fact the only really modern iranian air launched pgms,apart from cruise missiles of course and the guided weapons supplied with the su24 fleet,would be the yasin,balaban and the bina laser guided missile,however these were created by the irgc-af.
Indeed the only modern iriaf air launched pgm that we`ve seen would be the tiny glide bomb thats modeled on the us small diameter bomb,tho I suspect that this was originally intended to arm the iriafs in house developed drones,so whether these were produced as anything more than mock-ups or perhaps at best prototypes is anyones guess.

Stop simping for Israel, you terrorist sympathiser. Iran doesn't need accuracy lessons from you, aramco bombing was accurate enough, no?
With all due respect I dont think HGV is "simping for israel",he does actually make a rather good point,and that is the rather obvious lack of air launched pgms on the part of the iriaf,or even something like the very accurate dumb bomb aiming system that the russians showed off in syria.
The problem here,to me at least,is not a lack of resources so much as it is a lack of leadership on the part of the iriafs top brass,and the failure of that leadership to correctly decide on what are the truly important priorities.

With all due respect I dont think HGV is "simping for israel",he does actually make a rather good point,and that is the rather obvious lack of air launched pgms on the part of the iriaf,or even something like the very accurate dumb bomb aiming system that the russians showed off in syria.
The problem here,to me at least,is not a lack of resources so much as it is a lack of leadership on the part of the iriafs top brass,and the failure of that leadership to correctly decide on what are the truly important priorities.

He's making an unfair comparison. This HGV guy knows our airforces are nothing alike yet insists on making the point how IAF is better that IRIAF, a bit like Hack Hook when it comes to US and Russian tech. That's simping for Israel in my books and needs to be called out. We would play to our strengths and have enough accuracy with our missiles and drones to compensate for that. Sick and tired of this mud hurling at our forces just to make ourselves look "progressive" to the non-Iranians on this forum, assuming HGV is Iranian (which I doubt).

Did you see many Saudi soldiers fighting in Aden or Marib or Sanaa?
Saudis ran a proxy war in Yemen. beside Yemeni tribes, armies of their coalition and private military companies, they had recruited their mercenaries from lots of poor countries as well, including Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Chad, Nigeria, etc, even from their fighters in Syria.

Holding leaders to account for basics is a good thing, if others want weaknesses to remain, that is their problem and I hope they fail in that endeavour.

Why dont you hold the foreigners, aka source of the problem, to account either? Because you are working in tandem with these foreign terrorists in a 2-pronged attack. They attack Iran from all angels, with foreign help, and bozos like you point fingers at the government to complete the attack. This is by design, obviously.

In Air & Cosmos, a famed air force magazine they published an article about the issue of delivering Su35. The main reason should be operational (RuAF need them right now) but there is suggestions about Israel pressure over Putin for not delivering.
Those guys are usually well informed, but nowadays, who knows. The war isn´t only in the skies or battlefields.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom