What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Fvck yes.

Iran can make those things. What Iran lacks is the platforms, they can make and integrate their own subsystems if they have the platforms.
iran already produce those system and guided system , why we need them from russia
For God sake it's just one week actually it's just 4 day let wait and see if those airplane actually land

iran already produce those system and guided system , why we need them from russia

For God sake it's just one week actually it's just 4 day let wait and see if those airplane actually land
Why are you panicking? Do you have financial ties with HESA?

You should be happy your land is going to have better protection

Why are you panicking? Do you have financial ties with HESA?

You should be happy your land is going to have better protection

He's a shill for western jets, and the west at large, thereby making all of his accusations of us being Russian agents seem hypothetical, and he rather destroy his own country to get them.

He's a shill for western jets, and the west at large, thereby making all of his accusations of us being Russian agents seem hypothetical, and he rather destroy his own country to get them.
May be you misunderstood @Hack-Hook ..He is not advocating western jets for Iran instead of Russian jets..he wants Iranian money to be used on in-house development rather than going to foreign country..I also fully agree with him but I can see a benefit to Iran if we buy some limited (24) number of them..not because of added security but because it will bring IRIAF few decade ahead to understand how a modern aircraft is made and how it fits into overall picture.

May be you misunderstood @Hack-Hook ..He is not advocating western jets for Iran instead of Russian jets..he wants Iranian money to be used on in-house development rather than going to foreign country..I also fully agree with him but I can see a benefit to Iran if we buy some limited (24) number of them..not because of added security but because it will bring IRIAF few decade ahead to understand how a modern aircraft is made and how it fits into overall picture.

The issue is he wants to run before he learns to walk.

He seems to think that a fighter jet made in 60’s to be sold to banana countries as a cheap export fighter (F-5) can be made into something worth fielding in war time in anything other than a trainer or light CAS role.

It has taken iran over a decade and Bavar is still in prototype stage. There is no Iranian fighter jet before 2030 maybe even 2040 at this slow rate of development.

F-14 are not going to fly forever and even the AM modernization is still an archaic plane that can fire an archaic long range missile using its archaic radar.

Iran needs at least 48-72 air superiority fighters as a stop gap for next 20 years. Since Russia won’t sell us SU-57 (still prototype stage) and who knows when SU-75 will be built, SU-35S is the only fighter available.

Any talk of China is quite frankly a joke. They won’t supply anyone as they are too busy appeasing the West. Same thing Russia did for 20 years before the West thanked Russia by returning 100,000+ Russian soldiers in body bags.

The issue is he wants to run before he learns to walk.

He seems to think that a fighter jet made in 60’s to be sold to banana countries as a cheap export fighter (F-5) can be made into something worth fielding in war time in anything other than a trainer or light CAS role.

It has taken iran over a decade and Bavar is still in prototype stage. There is no Iranian fighter jet before 2030 maybe even 2040 at this slow rate of development.

F-14 are not going to fly forever and even the AM modernization is still an archaic plane that can fire an archaic long range missile using its archaic radar.

Iran needs at least 48-72 air superiority fighters as a stop gap for next 20 years. Since Russia won’t sell us SU-57 (still prototype stage) and who knows when SU-75 will be built, SU-35S is the only fighter available.

Any talk of China is quite frankly a joke. They won’t supply anyone as they are too busy appeasing the West. Same thing Russia did for 20 years before the West thanked Russia by returning 100,000+ Russian soldiers in body bags.
I am hoping they will not buy any large numbers..it is not just the aircraft..it is also weapons, simulators, maintenance , spare parts the whole package..a large buy will be the end of in-house development for IRIF ..and we will be stuck with Kowsar I,II,III.etc as the only so called in- house development.

My bet is on limited 24 or 26 buy...but who knows how mullah politics work..I have given up on that long time ago!....lol

I'll just say that there a lot of utterly misplaced arrogance from claimed iranian posters in regards to Iran military capabilities, especially aviation, directed at Russia or China. Especially the idea that Iran wouldn't need russian or chinese weapons like aircraft because of supposed internal capabilities. So far, actually aviation development have been one of the biggest failures in Iran, i've been following iranian aviation matters for almost 20 years, and through mismanagement and corruption apart from the useless Saeqeh and the truly embarrassing Qaher saga that wasted time, money and reputation what exactly has been achieved?

Actually useful upgrades for F-4, F-5 and F-14 have been cancelled or starved of funds or both, and the idea that a warmed up F-5/Kowsar can do much more than be an advanced trainer is uninformed to put it politely, even if they can manufacture the airframe entirely in Iran (which i still have my doubts about).

And the expectation/suggestion that any sort of claimed upgrade or advancement will magically appear in IRIAF overnight is disingenous at best. It takes time and money to translate that into service.

This is not to say that Iran didn't made some notable and competent advancements in other fields like SAMs or drones, but aviation is simply not of one of them.

So turning their nose at the chinese aviation industry who builds hundreds of some the most advanced fighters, electronics and missiles in the world every year, or at the russian aviation industry who still turns tens of very capable aircraft with top of the line electronics and missiles every year, is really either terribly misinformed, unjustifiably arrogant or someone intending to stir conflict between iranians and russian/chinese public.

I for one, if Iran gets serious about aviation and proceeds to upgrade in the next 10 years say 50 odd each F-4E Dowrans, F-14AMs, F-5E/ Kowsars, as well as the MiGs and Sukhois with or without external help, and perhaps manufacture a dozen or two extra Kowsar airframes, and couple of dozen Yasin trainers, AND crucially focus on getting modern missiles for the above, not just Fakkours, but AIM-7 and AIM-9 modernized developments, i would call that a very commendable achievement.

Getting even a few dozens of modern fighters from Russia and or China would be the icing on the cake. But getting hundreds would be ideal, if at all possible.

And if, IF they are really serious and commited, they work hard and they run the project well, perhaps in the 2030s we might see a decent iranian manned combat aircraft completed with decent electronics, weapons and engine, that can finally start to replace the existing airframes with an indigenous solution.

I'll just say that there a lot of utterly misplaced arrogance from claimed iranian posters in regards to Iran military capabilities, especially aviation, directed at Russia or China. Especially the idea that Iran wouldn't need russian or chinese weapons like aircraft because of supposed internal capabilities. So far, actually aviation development have been one of the biggest failures in Iran, i've been following iranian aviation matters for almost 20 years, and through mismanagement and corruption apart from the useless Saeqeh and the truly embarrassing Qaher saga that wasted time, money and reputation what exactly has been achieved?

Actually useful upgrades for F-4, F-5 and F-14 have been cancelled or starved of funds or both, and the idea that a warmed up F-5/Kowsar can do much more than be an advanced trainer is uninformed to put it politely, even if they can manufacture the airframe entirely in Iran (which i still have my doubts about).

And the expectation/suggestion that any sort of claimed upgrade or advancement will magically appear in IRIAF overnight is disingenous at best. It takes time and money to translate that into service.

This is not to say that Iran didn't made some notable and competent advancements in other fields like SAMs or drones, but aviation is simply not of one of them.

So turning their nose at the chinese aviation industry who builds hundreds of some the most advanced fighters, electronics and missiles in the world every year, or at the russian aviation industry who still turns tens of very capable aircraft with top of the line electronics and missiles every year, is really either terribly misinformed, unjustifiably arrogant or someone intending to stir conflict between iranians and russian/chinese public.

I for one, if Iran gets serious about aviation and proceeds to upgrade in the next 10 years say 50 odd each F-4E Dowrans, F-14AMs, F-5E/ Kowsars, as well as the MiGs and Sukhois with or without external help, and perhaps manufacture a dozen or two extra Kowsar airframes, and couple of dozen Yasin trainers, AND crucially focus on getting modern missiles for the above, not just Fakkours, but AIM-7 and AIM-9 modernized developments, i would call that a very commendable achievement.

Getting even a few dozens of modern fighters from Russia and or China would be the icing on the cake. But getting hundreds would be ideal, if at all possible.

And if, IF they are really serious and commited, they work hard and they run the project well, perhaps in the 2030s we might see a decent iranian manned combat aircraft completed with decent electronics, weapons and engine, that can finally start to replace the existing airframes with an indigenous solution.

We will know that this year, Iran said will show qaher 313 drone version this year flying, we will know, be patient, all people mocks with fiber glass presentation, and then comes the taxi test where a pilot suits in the cabin and its size was incremented, years have passed... something have to be done, by logic, be patient.

If Iran gets to master enginess all will change quickly. Iran must be on the top, they are working that s for sure, Iran is a wise country, and they don t talk for the fact of talk. We don t know what they are doing under the montains.

We critize Russia,because they are about to crumble, Russia needs to enhance ties with Iran to any level, if they want to save themselves. Iran will save themselves anyways.

Last edited:

Denial of the former shah regime's subservience to the west, which among other things translated into massive acquisition of over-priced western weapons and the lack of any serious effort to develop a domestic defence industry, as well as staunch support for a political camp whose leading public voices officially dismiss the concept of self-sufficiency as "backwardness", does not square with the described patriotic outlook.

They won’t supply anyone as they are too busy appeasing the West. Same thing Russia did for 20 years before the West thanked Russia by returning 100,000+ Russian soldiers in body bags.

Nothing to do with appeasement, China is acting in a perfectly calculated manner: the longer the conflagration is delayed, the more favorably China will compare to the west in terms of military and economic power. With each passing year, any subsisting gap between China and the USA is further reduced. So China's interest will be better served if a conflict happens in ten years time rather than now.

As for Russia, Moscow has been fighting back against NATO since the early 2000's. First by neutralizing a western-backed insurgency on her own territory in Chechnya, then by extending discrete support to the Iraqi Resistance after the 2003 invasion (according to western sources), by stopping in its tracks a NATO-influenced government in Georgia, by teaming up with Iran to inflict a strategic defeat upon the USA and its allies in Syria, by annexing Crimea and supporting pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine from 2014.

Also Russia never lost "100.000+" KIA in Ukraine, NATO propaganda itself wouldn't come up with such a funny claim.

I don't think so, he just fantasize on AESA radars.

From what i read from him for a year, his main point on all the IRIAF stuff is just based on "AESA better than PESA archaic crap".

Give him an AESA radar and he will be happy, J-10C or J-16, just anything but not PESA otherwise he will not be happy because PESA is archaic and serves for nothing.

He is not of these guys, it seems that for him all the problem of IRIAF is centered on not having AESA radar jets, if the Su-35 would have an AESA radar, he would say nothing.

We must not have been reading the same forum.

Last edited:
Hack-Hook and Russia-China are like jin and bismillah

He wants to cut all out ties with Eastern bloc and expand ties with Western bloc

Imbecile people like him want to become a Zionist/Western vassal and eliminate our missile and nuclear powers

Japan, South Korea and Germany are thinking about making nuclear weapons but idiots like him, Zibakalam, Rafsanjani and Rouhani say today is era of collusion with West (Golden calf) NOT era of militarism (which his beloved western bloc doesn't like) nuclear power and missiles...

Imbecile mindless people like him are poison for sovereign and development of any country

These idiots don't see : Italian, French, British empire and Yanks destroyed how many countries yet they want to become vassal and stop development of our country by our own selves

Last edited:
I do not think Iran will get those Su-35's. I say this based on a few observations. First, we all know what happened with the S-300 deal. Iran paid their end of the bargain and Russia delayed the delivery by over a decade due to Israel and the West's pressure. By the time we got those handful of S-300's, they were worse than obsolete and we were already working on a competitive air defense system by the name of Bavar-373 that outperforms the S-300 PMU2 and with upgrades is on-level with the vaunted S-400. It's an added layer of defense against an enemy, but it's too little and too late.

The Su-35 is Russia's most advanced operable fighter and given the full-scale war between Russia and NATO-sponsored Ukraine, Russia will need as many of these fighters as it can. Last week Russian AD shot down several of its own fighters and helicopters due to their sheer incompetence, and if Ukraine gets F-16's, more Russian fighters will be turned into scrap metal. Russia does not have the industrial capacity to produce enough fighters to sustain operations against Ukraine if NATO continues to fund Ukraine and provide arms. It certainly, without a question, does not have the industrial capacity to supply Iran with enough Su-35's and Su-34's to revamp our air force. We will have to continue our progress in missile development and indigenous aircraft. On the plus side, 24 Su-35's would theoretically be great to acquire so our engineers can learn to develop modern fighter jets. I believe China did this with their orders of Super Flankers. But it is not likely that these Egyptian Su-35's will make their way to Iran. They will likely be re-routed to Russia; Russia putting into operation mothballed T-55's is a sign of their desperation.

Russia also has an interest in keeping Israel happy now that Syria is re-entering the Arab League. There's a diplomatic possibility to further isolate Iran by prying Syria away from it. Before the Syrian Civil War, Assad was mulling over recognition of Israel and normalization of relations. Russia is vying for influence in Syria over Iran, with the Suheil al-Hassan camp facing off against the Maher al-Assad camp in internal politicking. A powerful Iran, armed by Russia, that can neutralize the Israeli threat, is a lost bargaining chip for Russia.

Much wishful thinking comes from a place of deep desperation. We are a people forgotten, a proud people that once had a rightful place in history that were degenerated over the millennia by invasions, corruption, secession and decadence. We are now but a speck in history, but we have spirit as if we were relevant. We suffer from this misplaced pride and reaction to Western colonialism by harboring this entitlement and resentment. We tend to- to our own disadvantage- forget that we are but a middling country that is only relevant as long as petroleum is, and not in the same league as Russia. At best we are just a chess piece for Russia, the way we were a chess piece for Britain and the United States, and are becoming a chess piece for China. We must not forget this, and we must act accordingly.

Finally, I'd stress you all to remain cognizant of the fact that Russia had not uttered a peep about this arms deal. All of the noise is coming from Iranian sources, and they have the incentive to broadcast their hopeful acquisition of advanced fighters as the fascist regime of Netanyahu is solidifying its grip on Israel and destroying whatever is left of their democratic elements. He is bent on attacking Iran and will, and our politicians are sending warnings by broadcasting their plans to buy advanced Russian equipment. The other sources- Turkish media, Indian media, even Forbes- are but farts in the wind. They mean nothing. Nothing means nothing until Russia announces its intent to sell the equipment. Russia's silence is telling. I do not need to remind you, my compatriots, of the many deals that Iran made that were dropped last minute.

Our only hope is for Iran's leadership to root out corruption in the system and devote more substantially to the military budget. We are moving at a snail's pace in both the conventional military technology realm and the nuclear realm because of our politics. All of the present government's faults notwithstanding, the true litmus test of a political system's legitimacy is its ability and interest in saving its people from physical and material harm. It remains to be seen whether they wake up.

Hack-Hook and Russia-China are like jin and bismillah

He wants to cut all out ties with Eastern bloc and expand ties with Western bloc

Imbecile people like him want to become a Zionist/Western vassal and eliminate our missile and nuclear powers

Japan, South Korea and Germany are thinking about making nuclear weapons but idiots like him, Zibakalam, Rafsanjani and Rouhani say today is era of collusion with West (Golden calf) NOT era of militarism (which his beloved western bloc doesn't like) nuclear power and missiles...

Imbecile mindless people like him are poison for sovereign and development of any country

These idiots don't see : Italian, French, British empire and Yanks destroyed how many countries yet they want to become vassal and stop development of our country by our own selves
I don't think so, he just fantasize on AESA radars.

From what i read from him for a year, his main point on all the IRIAF stuff is just based on "AESA better than PESA archaic crap".

Give him an AESA radar and he will be happy, J-10C or J-16, just anything but not PESA otherwise he will not be happy because PESA is archaic and serves for nothing.

He is not of these guys, it seems that for him all the problem of IRIAF is centered on not having AESA radar jets, if the Su-35 would have an AESA radar, he would say nothing.

Also what Britain have done over centuries is not comparable to Italy or France, Britain is one if not the country that did the most harm in its whole existence. I remind that Britain genocided over 10 millions of Iranians during the great famin.

Are you joking?

I'm sure if Russia is willing to sell Iran some engines, Iran could build some combat capable airframes with them but no.

If the Iranian government thought so, they wouldn't be buying Su-35

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom