What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I don't think so, he just fantasize on AESA radars.

From what i read from him for a year, his main point on all the IRIAF stuff is just based on "AESA better than PESA archaic crap".

Give him an AESA radar and he will be happy, J-10C or J-16, just anything but not PESA otherwise he will not be happy because PESA is archaic and serves for nothing.

He is not of these guys, it seems that for him all the problem of IRIAF is centered on not having AESA radar jets, if the Su-35 would have an AESA radar, he would say nothing.

Also what Britain have done over centuries is not comparable to Italy or France, Britain is one if not the country that did the most harm in its whole existence. I remind that Britain genocided over 10 millions of Iranians during the great famin.
Liberal people like him are poison for our country

According to the US, Iran planes to purchase a wide array of military hardware from Russia, including su-35 fighter jets, attack helicopters and radars.

Russia is also reportedly interested in more advanced versions of Iranian UAVs.

Any chance the Iranians will be getting the Su-57 or at least go for the Su-75? They have a lot of hardware to replace.

Are you joking?

I'm sure if Russia is willing to sell Iran some engines, Iran could build some combat capable airframes with them but no.

If the Iranian government thought so, they wouldn't be buying Su-35
Another option would be improving the performance of existing airframes,such as replacing the horrible TF30 in the f14a fleet with the AL-41this would be a huge performance upgrade,essentially an iranian f-14b equivalent.
Theres an awful lot that the iriaf could`ve [in theory] done indigenously to upgrade and improve the performance of not just individual types but the entire airfleet as a whole,sadly these were never done.
I think the biggest failings were at the leadership level of the iriaf.

Any chance the Iranians will be getting the Su-57 or at least go for the Su-75? They have a lot of hardware to replace.

Near zero chance for SU-57, it’s stuck in prototype mode. It could be another 5 years before mass production or never.

SU-75 seems a more reasonable versatile fighter, looks like a stealthy F-16.

Assuming Russian can source 100% of all the components and kick start mass production then SU-75 seems like a no brain purchase for Iran. A cheaper 5th Gen fighter that can defend airspace.

As of right now it’s just speculation thought. War in Ukraine has thrown a wrench into any Russian R&D program.

May be you misunderstood @Hack-Hook ..He is not advocating western jets for Iran instead of Russian jets..he wants Iranian money to be used on in-house development rather than going to foreign country..I also fully agree with him but I can see a benefit to Iran if we buy some limited (24) number of them..not because of added security but because it will bring IRIAF few decade ahead to understand how a modern aircraft is made and how it fits into overall picture.

No, i haven't misunderstood him at all. He is always comparing Russian tech with Western tech and how much he prefers the latter. You clearly dont fully agree with him either since I say the same as you do and he calls me a Russian agent. He is a hypocrite, and so is anyone who hold the same view as him. End of discussion, as far as I'm concerned.

Iran could have developed their own Yak-130 equivalent easily.
By upscaling and improving Jahesh-700 to 1600 kilogram force thrust.
Then by replacing J85 turbojet Yasin can be improved to a high degree.

Though would essentially turn into a new aircraft.

Since FJ44 equivalent turbofan consumes far less fuel than J85.
Along fuel efficiency being better than engine used in Russian Yak-130.
In the end it could probably carry as much as Yak-130 in CAS role.

Landing gear in the wing could be moved to fuselage, be like Qaher-313.
Thus wing could be stronger and lighter to carry heavier ordnance.

Under the current circumstances I don't see the Iranian airforce even considering a 5th generation fighter for at least another 10 years at the minimum.

Iran should continue to focus on air defenses & its UAV industry. As we've seen in Ukraine, potent air defenses & UAVs, when deployed properly, can have a significant impact on the battlefield.

If any real R&D went into Qaher, then it should be turned into a maneuverable UAV platform. there are currently rumors floating around.

Iran really needs AWACS planes. The Iran-140 could be a feasible platform as a medium range AWACS plane. Also the plane could be used for military / civilian transport + regional civilian flights. However Iran needs to procure the original Russian Klimov variant of the engine, preferably built under license or technology transfers. The Ukrainian Motor-Sich variant, built under license was a complete & utter disaster. Recently Iran showed that it can build the airframe from scratch so it just makes sense.

Currently Turkey is working on a 5th generation fighter. It's pretty much an F-22 clone but it looks good. According to analysts, it will be another 5-10 years before it is mass produced. Its production will depend on whether or not Turkey can procure GE engines for the jet. The Turkish Altay tank was delayed for years because they could not procure German engines/transmission. Currently they're working on a domestic model, which of course takes time. Another option is to turn to the Russians or Chinese, although the Chinese domestic jet engines seem to have a mixed reputation.

The UAE was supposed to purchase the F-35, but there were several disagreements about the terms. The Americans wanted to give the UAE an inferior version compared to what they're giving Israel of course.

The Ukraine war has shown the importance of intelligence gathering platforms as well as air launched, stealth cruise missiles like the Shadow Storm missile the UK has given Ukraine as well as precision rockets like HIMARS. Although the Russians adapted and are said to be currently jamming HIMARS in an ongoing cat & mouse game.

Recently Ukraine began using the UK supplied Shadow Storm stealth, cruise missiles, hitting multiple targets in the city of Lugansk consecutively for the last 4 days. The biggest issue when it comes to the Storm Shadow missile for Ukraine is that it is air launched and Ukraine does not have very many jets left in its dwindling arsenal. Those it does have are often times shot down on a regular basis and in some cases they are destroyed while they're still on the ground. Considering what we've witnessed thus far though, I'm guessing that it's only a matter of time before the Russians adapt to the Storm shadow missiles as well, just like they have adapted to the Himars, Switch Blade drones and Bayraktar TB2 before that.

The war in Ukraine war shown the importance of cutting edge technology supplemented by cost effective & mass produced platforms like the Shahed and Lancet. Procuring the SU-35s was a good start for Iran's air force. A few more dozen SU-35s wouldn't hurt either and producing the SU-30 under license, preferably with technology transfers would also be a good addition to Iran's arsenal. The SU-30 would be a good workhorse in my opinion.

Near zero chance for SU-57, it’s stuck in prototype mode. It could be another 5 years before mass production or never.

SU-75 seems a more reasonable versatile fighter, looks like a stealthy F-16.

Assuming Russian can source 100% of all the components and kick start mass production then SU-75 seems like a no brain purchase for Iran. A cheaper 5th Gen fighter that can defend airspace.

As of right now it’s just speculation thought. War in Ukraine has thrown a wrench into any Russian R&D program.

Iran could have developed their own Yak-130 equivalent easily.
By upscaling and improving Jahesh-700 to 1600 kilogram force thrust.
Then by replacing J85 turbojet Yasin can be improved to a high degree.

Me think Iran already have plans for that, working on that. But me also think (but i dot know) the wings of Yasin are not strong enough for sufficient payload.

Currently Turkey is working on a 5th generation fighter. It's pretty much an F-22 clone but it looks good.

Only a F-22 clone to the untrained eye. Has zero RCS reduction shaping near the engine, no thermal cooling of engine exhaust, no radiation leakage techniques, some angles that could spike RCS. All in all will not be close to F-22 RCS or even F-35 in RCS. However it doesn’t need to be, even an RCS of .10-.25m2 will be very good and sufficient for Turkey’s needs.

Turkey still way ahead of Iran in the Air Force sector even if the engines are foreign and it gets alot of foreign input. Iran would be doing the same if they had access to foreign suppliers and advisors.

According to analysts, it will be another 5-10 years before it is mass produced.

We will see.

Its production will depend on whether or not Turkey can procure GE engines for the jet.

The production will depend on a lot of things.

The Turkish Altay tank was delayed for years because they could not procure German engines/transmission.

Atlay is nothing more than Korean K2 tank with ToT. Even the engine is Korean knock off of German engine. So far 2 prototypes or so, with a $15M price tag tag making it one of the most expensive tanks in the world. Yet Turkish military budget is $16B? So something doesn’t add up with all these products and such a low military budget, means mass production will not be possible for everything.

Currently they're working on a domestic model, which of course takes time.

Iran has been working on jet engines since 90’s. Without ToT, Turkey will be stuck in endless r&d just like Iran.

Another option is to turn to the Russians or Chinese, although the Chinese domestic jet engines seem to have a mixed reputation.

Changing one foreign supplier (GE) for another (Russian or Chinese) doesn’t fix the supply chain bottleneck of a critical component (jet engine) for a critical weapon system (fighter jet)

Me think Iran already have plans for that, working on that. But me also think (but i dot know) the wings of Yasin are not strong enough for sufficient payload.
Current wing of Yasin isn't strong enough while a new one could be made, though Yasin needs a thorough redesign in case Iran upscales Jahesh to FJ44 output of 16 kN.
Since fuel consumption rate would be cut by nearly a 3rd compared to J85 turbojet engine and allow reduction of fuel tank size to accommodate landing gear.
By implementing from Qaher-313 onto Yasin then new wing can be made for it that is stronger and lighter which could carry far heavier load.

By implementing from Qaher-313 onto Yasin then new wing can be made for it that is stronger and lighter which could carry far heavier load.

Hey, while you said that, wouldnt be a Qaher313 bomber wingman a perfect fit for an iranian SU-35-SM2?

Another option would be improving the performance of existing airframes,such as replacing the horrible TF30 in the f14a fleet with the AL-41this would be a huge performance upgrade,essentially an iranian f-14b equivalent.
Theres an awful lot that the iriaf could`ve [in theory] done indigenously to upgrade and improve the performance of not just individual types but the entire airfleet as a whole,sadly these were never done.
I think the biggest failings were at the leadership level of the iriaf.
agreed., an AL-41 powered, thrust vectoring F-14 would be great.

Iran has a great opportunity right now but unfortunately they seem to be squandering it.
Only a F-22 clone to the untrained eye. Has zero RCS reduction shaping near the engine, no thermal cooling of engine exhaust, no radiation leakage techniques, some angles that could spike RCS. All in all will not be close to F-22 RCS or even F-35 in RCS. However it doesn’t need to be, even an RCS of .10-.25m2 will be very good and sufficient for Turkey’s needs.

Turkey still way ahead of Iran in the Air Force sector even if the engines are foreign and it gets alot of foreign input. Iran would be doing the same if they had access to foreign suppliers and advisors.
I'm sure the current prototype is above 1m RCS. But it's the first prototype, it wasn't even meant to fly. There will be many more prototypes and years of testing before this baby bird grows up into a giant flying beast.

As for an F-22 like engine nozzle, that might come into play in a post production version, in block 4 or 5

What's incredible is that TEI is saying that the engine will be ready in 5 years though I'm sure there will be delays.

Atlay is nothing more than Korean K2 tank with ToT. Even the engine is Korean knock off of German engine.
It's more like a Leopard 2 with Korean subsystems. Though it's starting to look like the Abrams with its ridiculous weight now above 70 tons.

K2 is a much lighter 3-man autoloading tank. So it's very different.

Last edited:
The industrial system has little to do with population. Refer to India vs South Korea.
Bad example. South Korea relies all their aeronautical industry in high ToT from foreign companies, from LAH/LUH helicopters (which is basically a licensed copy of a Dauphin/Panther) to KF21 that has F414 engines, european missiles and radar integrating ELTA and Saab technology.
It is just the opposite than Iran, that did everything with 0 ToT. Virtually all their indistry came from sky, like the voice from God to Abraham...

It's quite incredible the decay of the IRIAF section. Looks like the experimental Covid infection has affected people's brains here. Weak link of this forum, this section is pathetic with pathetic comments. The Iranians of the IRIAF must smile a lot to see the blind comments that can be seen here.

I see comments and analyzes that are so silly and understated. The IRIAF is much more powerful and much more improving than our headless hens say here. It's really catastrophic here. I hope IRIAF will make major announcements soon for our pseudo experts here to lose face on this forum

Sineva says here : - Theres an awful lot that the iriaf could`ve [in theory] done indigenously to upgrade and improve the performance of not just individual types ((((( but the entire airfleet as a whole,sadly these were never done. ))))) -

Seriously, having fallen on your head to say because it is absolutely and totally false. Your intellectual delusions can do nothing in the face of such bullshit. I'm not the only one to see people on this forum hit rock bottom.

Please Iran, brush this bullshit away and fast!

It's quite incredible the decay of the IRIAF section. Looks like the experimental Covid infection has affected people's brains here. Weak link of this forum, this section is pathetic with pathetic comments. The Iranians of the IRIAF must smile a lot to see the blind comments that can be seen here.

I see comments and analyzes that are so silly and understated. The IRIAF is much more powerful and much more improving than our headless hens say here. It's really catastrophic here. I hope IRIAF will make major announcements soon for our pseudo experts here to lose face on this forum

Sineva says here : - Theres an awful lot that the iriaf could`ve [in theory] done indigenously to upgrade and improve the performance of not just individual types ((((( but the entire airfleet as a whole,sadly these were never done. ))))) -

Seriously, having fallen on your head to say because it is absolutely and totally false. Your intellectual delusions can do nothing in the face of such bullshit. I'm not the only one to see people on this forum hit rock bottom.

Please Iran, brush this bullshit away and fast!

Don t be angry... some people has not bad thinkings about Iran, just they want to see Iran strong, they want answers they wish evidences. No need to be hard, some people has good intentions.

Iran does not owe us answers or evidences, and some people cannot stand this situation, but there are not bad intentions, don t get them wrong, just want to see a strong Iran to show enemies Iran is strong because this or that argument, they want to make blog post and make analysis, to generate views and trending topics... that s all.

Iran is strong, and it s all that matters.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom