What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I truly hope Mr. Azarmehr's assertions about the native TF30 is true, but I just don't understand why it would not have been made known publicly, unless the project and the engines are not yet mature enough? Maybe they are workshop level production instead of industrial churn out, but that still be worth bragging about.
Who is Mr. Azarmehr, exactly? I don't speak Persian unfortunately and you can imagine my frustration every time you post a video and I can't understand heads or tails of what's being said.

Yasin is dual engine owj.
the difference is the owj that is used in Yasin don't have afterburner installed . so you want subsonic ,use that kowsar , just don't push afterburner switch , or on two sit version of kowsar use not after burning version of owj.

by the way how slow you want to fly ? F-5 stall speed is let just say less than 200km and it actually do the initial flight and climb at speed less than 220km . which is the same as Yasin.

and for training at low speed you have Cessna. an advance trainer needs to be agile
Yasin only in one role is superior to kowsarand that is CAS. because the engine are not adjacent to each other. and guess what , that role can be done far better by army aviation and drones
I wont argue with you abt Yasin vs Kowsar, I told you difference between Advanced trainers and transitional training fighter jets, F5 and so Kowsar cruising speed is almost mach 1.. ,F 5 has one of the highest cruising speed(without after burner) , higher than F18... Also other performance is impresivne.. It is due design,also minimal speed of aircraft before it stall and optimal min speed it can Cruise are two different Things, expecually at low atlitude, I guarantee you that Yasin cruising speed much lower than F5... . There is Reason attack aircrafts and Advanced trainers are designed way they are.. CAS role require aircraft to Cruise at low speed and low atlitude.

Who is Mr. Azarmehr, exactly? I don't speak Persian unfortunately and you can imagine my frustration every time you post a video and I can't understand heads or tails of what's being said.
He holds rank in Artesh but only discusses OSINT matters. One of his insightful videos on MehrAein was regarding zulfiqar tank eventually evolved into the karra, when the engine was available domestically. Much of what is discussed here is what he talks about and I personally enjoy hearing the discussion and terminology in Farsi as it improves my own a lot.

IADS can take care of the aerial invasion from PGCC + Israel but they will be under extreme stress. If KSA+Kuwait+UAE launches some 100 jets to strike deep inside Iran ... F-15, EF-2000, F-16, Mirage-2000, how many will return and more importantly will the bases that launched them be there on their return, courtesy IRGC's return strike?
depend , how fast IRGC can respond ? 15 min ? 1 hours ? 1 day?
and how many of air defence remain in place after the strike . by the way if it become absolutely necessary those airplane just can find a free way and land there , they can even do that with roads as we did that with F-4 and not a completely working F-4 , a damaged F-4
it won\t be worse than this, will it be?
the aircraft lost its wing but at last managed to land on the carrier
The problem is leadership has just given up on this force altogether. They are not interested in foreign procurement or domestic production. Politically we can not have a more favorable time to procure Russian jets then right now.
Russia can\t produce them in enough number for itself so i say its nearly impossible to get new Russian jet
Switching to a symmetrical defence doctrine, which the above suggestion essentially implies - especially considering the colossal cost associated with this sort of a procurement and the associated budget cuts it would suppose in key areas of weapons development, would invite aggression rather than deterring it.

It's precisely because Iran categorically rejected symmetrical thinking that she is still alive today. Imperial client states of the region are no match for Iran, which is capable enough to go up against the USA regime let alone its vassals.

Given the relative characteristics of Iran and her enemy, it's reassuring to know there are no signs of Iran preparing to change course.
the problem is you think , air-force by default mean symmetrical. while several time i pointed out to you no , its wrong assumption . its up to you to decide how to use it . it can act as a symmetrical force , it can act as asymmetrical force , it can be something in between.
you support asymmetrical warfare on land , you support asymmetrical warfare in seas . but when it come to the sky no we don't want asymmetrical warfare in the sky .

by the way what you call Iran missile cities ? Asymmetrical or Symmetrical ?
as far as I'm aware underground missile bases are as symmetrical as missile forces can be .

He holds rank in Artesh but only discusses OSINT matters. One of his insightful videos on MehrAein was regarding zulfiqar tank eventually evolved into the karra, when the engine was available domestically. Much of what is discussed here is what he talks about and I personally enjoy hearing the discussion and terminology in Farsi as it improves my own a lot.
what rank , i'm interested as Kad-ban is no rank in Iranian military . it simply mean Sir in old Persian language.

Last edited:
@Mr Iran Eye @WudangMaster Your predictions seem to be on the right track, brothers.

Mind you this journalist is an extreme level anti-Iran man who kisses Israeli and American azz day and night. Majority of the time, he is right about IRIAF (only) as he claims to be an ex-engineer in the force who got disgruntled because he saw petty politics and stupid people being made decision-makers to destroy the force deliberately. He is very detailed in his articles about serials and even the hangar numbers.

These unbelievable claims he is making now in his recent articles regarding F-14 are astonishing to me. He is dropping these sentences like "a whole new airframe of F-14A has been built inside OWJ industrial complex" ... "Local TF-30-P414 Turbofan has been built by OWJ" ... "AWG-9 is being built inside IRSSJO complex with 843 local parts with 300+ search range". "Azarakhsh missile with CCD seeker like AIM-9X", "Maghsoud ARH with 200 KM"

My question is ... if he is right and and he is usually right about IRIAF atleast, then what is stopping Iran to come up with a local "OWJ F-14" ? even if that machine is like 60-70% indigenous it will be like a game changer.

I truly hope Mr. Azarmehr's assertions about the native TF30 is true, but I just don't understand why it would not have been made known publicly, unless the project and the engines are not yet mature enough? Maybe they are workshop level production instead of industrial churn out, but that still be worth bragging about.

yes exactly my own question as well.

At best I feel this could be an OWJ version of F-14 as HESA Azarakhsh/Saegheh/Kowsar are versions of F-5E/F with a growing level of indigenous content with every generation.

F-14AM according to BT is already using thousands of locally built parts. Hundreds of Companies are established inside Iran to build these local parts of airframe, turbofan and avionics/radars to keep the cat in the sky with improved performance in some aspects like radar (his claim in AirInternational, Key Aero). The main weapon of Aircraft is already locally built and soon the entire weapon choices will be local with Azaraksh/Fattar for WVR and Fakour-90, Maghsoud for LR-BVR attack.

This means that F-5E-Azarakhsh stage is already achieved with F-14AM which I guess was 30-40 % indigenous. Next stage could be Saegheh level indigenousisation (50-70+ %) then Kowsar (90+%) and we will have our own Gorbe for 25 Million USD.

Mind you this journalist is an extreme level anti-Iran man who kisses Israeli and American azz day and night. Majority of the time, he is right about IRIAF (only) as he claims to be an ex-engineer in the force who got disgruntled because he saw petty politics and stupid people being made decision-makers to destroy the force deliberately. He is very detailed in his articles about serials and even the hangar numbers.

These unbelievable claims he is making now in his recent articles regarding F-14 are astonishing to me. He is dropping these sentences like "a whole new airframe of F-14A has been built inside OWJ industrial complex" ... "Local TF-30-P414 Turbofan has been built by OWJ" ... "AWG-9 is being built inside IRSSJO complex with 843 local parts with 300+ search range". "Azarakhsh missile with CCD seeker like AIM-9X", "Maghsoud ARH with 200 KM"

My question is ... if he is right and and he is usually right about IRIAF atleast, then what is stopping Iran to come up with a local "OWJ F-14" ? even if that machine is like 60-70% indigenous it will be like a game changer.
I have to say, a few months ago he also predicted that Iran is sending pilots and technicians to Russia to be trained for the Su-35 and that Iran is building huge hangars to accommodate dozens of new Russian aircraft it plans to buy.

The contract has yet to materialize but indeed, I'm noticing massive expansion of airfields across Iran on a scale that makes me take a closer look...those shelters aren't merely for UAVs.

the problem is you think , air-force by default mean symmetrical. while several time i pointed out to you no , its wrong assumption . its up to you to decide how to use it . it can act as a symmetrical force , it can act as asymmetrical force , it can be something in between.
you support asymmetrical warfare on land , you support asymmetrical warfare in seas . but when it come to the sky no we don't want asymmetrical warfare in the sky .

I'm not under wrong assumptions when it comes to the meaning of asymmetry or what it implies with regards to the air force in the Iranian context. Asymmetrical employment of the IRIAF against Iran's potential enemy would not require the sort of massive procurement envisaged in the comment I was addressing.

Then there's also the cost-efficiency factor, which clearly favors other types of assets. Cost-efficiency is a fundamental pillar of asymmetry in Iran's establishment of deterrence against the zio-American empire.

As for missile bases, no, the way in which Iran is making use of her conventional missile arsenal is part and parcel of an asymmetric A2/AD approach against an air power-focused, much more resourceful enemy. There's no equivalent to the Iranian BM force in the opposing camp for there to be symmetry. Generally speaking, massive missile cities are uncommon and relatively innovative; more limited silo infrastructure is the norm, and that's used by nuclear powers to field nuclear-tipped long-range ballistic missiles for unconventional warfare.

Last edited:
depend , how fast IRGC can respond ? 15 min ? 1 hours ? 1 day?
and how many of air defence remain in place after the strike . by the way if it become absolutely necessary those airplane just can find a free way and land there , they can even do that with roads as we did that with F-4 and not a completely working F-4 , a damaged F-4
it won\t be worse than this, will it be?
the aircraft lost its wing but at last managed to land on the carrier

Russia can\t produce them in enough number for itself so i say its nearly impossible to get new Russian jet

by the way what you call Iran missile cities ? Asymmetrical or Symmetrical ?
as far as I'm aware underground missile bases are as symmetrical as missile forces can be .

what rank , i'm interested as Kad-ban is no rank in Iranian military . it simply mean Sir in old Persian language.

Countries with long-range Search radars like Iran are constantly monitoring the Air activity of neighboring countries which is why we have them. If UAE, KSA, Israel, and Kuwait want to launch a joint airstrike with some 100-150 jets then they will have to move men, material assets which is Red marker level 1 for observers of activity. If they see such thing happening, the attack and defense assets are alerted prior. I would safely say that IRGC can respond within 30 mins with Solid Fueled depressed trajectory weapons combined with liquid-fueled ballistic trajectory weapons to mess with SAMs. That is how they have operated so far in their four cross-border strikes.

There are four FABs in PGCC with just one in Kuwait and UAE. How many will be left operational if IRGC decides to launch 30 x Qiam-II, Khaybar Shikan, Dezful, Hoveyzeh CM at each of them targetting runways, hangars, and radar sites, towers etc? Yes the fighter after launching SOWs can return and land on highways but their FABs will be ruined. Iranian SAMs can still crawl out and operate. The IRGC launcher from underground bases and mobile TEL will still be able to target the enemy ground. If the goal of the enemy will be to destroy Iranian near-coast or southern military installations then they will achieve ~40-50% of that goal for 100 % of their own attack capability gone in retaliation. Some of their SOW deliverers will be taken out by HIMADS as well. Iran will take the blows too but that will not cut the Iranian attack options. The enemy will just lose the attack arm. So this strategy is not bad. It will work but IADS will be extremely stressed out. Equation just changes drastically against Iran if US gets involved with stealth jets and Tomahawks.

I am a huge supporter of the maintenance of a proper IRIAF interceptor force as part of grand IADS (Search and track ground radars, Ambush SHORADS+HIMADS, Interceptor fighters). My initial concern was that the way leadership is acting with budget cuts, they might end up just killing IRIAF by 2030 altogether while Missiles forces, UCAVs fleet, Navy etc will be topnotch forces at global stage. IRIAF's foreign procurements are dud, local production is slow, there are no meaningful unveilings for years (last was Kowsar some 4 years ago or Fakour-90). Raisi revived the space program I wonder if he has a say in front of strategists, in favor IRIAF. He has visited HESA adn saw Kowsar, Yasin, helis production, saw old F-4E at Nojeh base, met Putin but still not a single word about IRIAF's dying force with 200 million USD per year budget.

Again, I don't disagree. But strengthening symmetrical warfare capabilities over a 10 year period wouldn't suddenly shift the sands.

Besides, the Iranian IADS is not easy to overwhelm and destroy plus the Iranians have a massive arsenal of missiles for retaliatory strikes the moment hostilities begin.

In light of this, a defence budget expansion and rearmament is warranted for the purpose of deterrence, at the very least, although I would make a case for intervention in Syria.

Every single rial invested in the missile, air defence and drone forces will, pound-for-pound, contribute more to Iran's deterrence power than if the same rial went into the air force. Cost-effectiveness is key against an enemy with virtually unlimited financial means like the USA regime.

Acquiring a large and brand new air force will not be possible, even over a 10-year period, without significant budgetary cuts to higher priority defence sectors. Either that, or it would have to be done at the expense of the civilian budget, which in turn would suppose Korean-style social control.

Also, the assets which make up Iran's asymmetric defense infrastructure aren't static or frozen in time. Even under an asymmetrical operating doctrine, Iran cannot rest on her laurels. The missile, UAV, air defence and naval forces are in constant need of upgrades, much like continuous R&D and innovation is necessary to neutralize the enemy's own technological developments as well as their latest counter-(counter-)measures.

It's a permanent dynamic effort. Only that this whole process will be magnitudes cheaper with current types of weaponry as compared to fighter jets or other aircraft, which are more expensive to procure, more expensive to maintain and operate, on top of being less survivable in case of a war.

And then there's numbers. Here no ceiling exists, any expansion will only strengthen Iran and worsen the enemy's prospects: the more missiles, the more radars, the more AD batteries, the more electronic warfare units and jammers, the merrier. Especially since all of these are so much cheaper to operate than additional modern fighter jets would be.

Last but not least once funds are secured for these tasks, any surplus would rather be used to update the equipment of the ground forces and speed up the construction of the huge list of naval vessels Iran is projecting to add to the IRIN and IRGCN. At that point there won't be enough left for an ambitious air force build-up.

Last edited:
With the same trend continuing we will see IRIAF dying around 2030 while IRGC will be flying around their HGVs at ~ICBM ranges and sailing their low RCS Command ships. We may see Iranian HIMADS reaching 500 KM with TVC control at that time and Jet powered large UCAVs with AI deploying weaponry from internal bays as well but IRIAF will be gone altogether.
They seem to be fully entrusted with UAVs, but unless those BT claims about the F-14 are true, then the IRAIF will continue to die as a conventional fighter jet force. And turn into a UAV centric force.

They seem to be fully entrusted with UAVs, but unless those BT claims about the F-14 are true, then the IRAIF will continue to die as a conventional fighter jet force. And turn into a UAV centric force.

Cant be a UAV centric force when you rely on ground relay stations for communications. Those are prone to jamming and EW/ECW.

Need sat com capability and even that we saw with Al Assad attack a single missile hitting near underground the network cables/drone stations knocks out the drones for the base.

Cant be a UAV centric force when you rely on ground relay stations for communications. Those are prone to jamming and EW/ECW.

Need sat com capability and even that we saw with Al Assad attack a single missile hitting near underground the network cables/drone stations knocks out the drones for the base.
Again, just look at the state of the IRIAF, it's not like it wants to be that UAV centric force, it will just naturally trend to that course if the neglect continues, As you've stated before, IRIAF cannot reliably run even a small sortie rate without the aircrafts failing from wear and tear.

Again, just look at the state of the IRIAF, it's not like it wants to be that UAV centric force, it will just naturally trend to that course if the neglect continues, As you've stated before, IRIAF cannot reliably run even a small sortie rate without the aircrafts failing from wear and tear.
It's more likely we'll see a mass replacement in a huge clean sweep where both light and heavy aircraft get replaced along with the infrastructure at the same time.

The pace of development seems to indicate as much.

Back
Top Bottom